• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

Rose said...

Even if he starts the season on the bench so what? So did Dawson, AVB wanted to sell him and he has worked himself into the starting line up. Amazing what hard work and dedication can do for a player - Danny Rose needs to use that as his inspiration

Anyone else think that just maybe we'll go for Rose as our first choice left back if BAE leaves in the summer?

Not entirely different situation from Kyle Walker returning from Villa to grab the right back spot. I've been skeptical about it in the recent past, but could it work out?

Hopefully we get £5m for him. Thanks for THAT goal but he's not good enough for THFC at left back.

If he can play the role Lennon does but on the left with Bale centrally then he might be a good option.

Hopefully we get £5m for him. Thanks for THAT goal but he's not good enough for THFC at left back.

If he can play the role Lennon does but on the left with Bale centrally then he might be a good option.

Truthful now, how much have you seen him play this season

Plenty good enough to be our back-up LB and if he continues to develop could make first choice. Definitely would not sell him. Would loan out Fryers next season and either loan/sell Naughton and then keep Walker/Smith/Benny/Rose as our full backs

Truthful now, how much have you seen him play this season

Here we go....:-"

Let me guess. You've seen him play for Sunderland 3/4 times, you thought he played well and you disagree with my opinion and therefore ask if I've seen him as, because I disagree with you, I clearly couldn't have seen him play? Am I close? If I'm not I'm sorry it's a regular occurrence on here.

To answer your question.....I don't have a life so I'd wager I watch more football than I work - which is 40 hours a week :)

I've seen him play maybe 12 times this season. He's good. Not great.

I haven't seen enough to comment but had a suspicion that you hadn't either. If he improved massively last year (Sunderland fans rate him hugely) surely there is room for more growth. To be fair lb is not a strong position any where in the league. Honestly say bae with all his faults was top3 in the league last year

Here we go....:-"

Let me guess. You've seen him play for Sunderland 3/4 times, you thought he played well and you disagree with my opinion and therefore ask if I've seen him as, because I disagree with you, I clearly couldn't have seen him play? Am I close? If I'm not I'm sorry it's a regular occurrence on here.

To answer your question.....I don't have a life so I'd wager I watch more football than I work - which is 40 hours a week :)

I've seen him play maybe 12 times this season. He's good. Not great.

I don't expect you to know the answer to all of these questions, so anyone with an opinion feel free to suggest.
Where is Rose lacking?
I have not seen him play at all this season, and I genuinly wonder. Is he on par with BAE? How are they different?
And which left back is it possible for us to get who can upgrade on either?

I appreciate your opinion Roy and like I said I've been sceptical about him being good enough to be a regular starter for us come next season, but I think if we do sell him we should try to get more than £5m actually. Just based on his reputation this season, he's fairly young, PL proven and English and clubs have the extra tv money that managers will just be dying to burn off.

We got £5m for Jamie O'Hara.

Rose is definitely better than he was.

if we do sell him we'll get a hell of a lot more than 5 mil :lol:

the tv revenue hike will see to that, let alone the fact he's had an impressive first full season in the premiership, is young, English etc etc

glad you aint in charge of our transfer deals Roy :p

We got £5m for Jamie O'Hara.

Rose is definitely better than he was.

On 21 June 2011, it was announced that O'Hara had signed a five-year contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee, but believed to be around £5million. It was later revealed that the actual fee Wolves paid for O'Hara was £3.5m, not the £5m quoted

On 21 June 2011, it was announced that O'Hara had signed a five-year contract with Wolverhampton Wanderers for an undisclosed fee, but believed to be around £5million. It was later revealed that the actual fee Wolves paid for O'Hara was £3.5m, not the £5m quoted

Fair enough, still think he'll be at least double £5m. Doubt we'll sell him though, doesn't make sense to me.

It's as though you're desperate for him not be here next season in case you're proven wrong.

It's as though you're desperate for him not be here next season in case you're proven wrong.

Or he just has an opinion?

Is it really necessary to start questioning people's motivations just because they have a different opinion?

I for one really enjoy the varying opinions on here and the discussions that follow and I would rather people continued voicing those opinions without having their motivations questioned.

Apologies if this is coming off too wannabe-moderator-y, I will accept one "fudge off, twunt, mind your own business" without complaint if you deem it appropriate :)

In order of importance:

Proving others wrong
Proving self right
Having a discussion

'Tis the internet.

To be honest I'd much rather have Rose as a back-up LB than Naughton.. able to give us more width seeing as Naughton always has to cut inside. Highly doub the will be okay playing second fiddle though.

Or he just has an opinion?

Is it really necessary to start questioning people's motivations just because they have a different opinion?

I for one really enjoy the varying opinions on here and the discussions that follow and I would rather people continued voicing those opinions without having their motivations questioned.

Apologies if this is coming off too wannabe-moderator-y, I will accept one "fudge off, twunt, mind your own business" without complaint if you deem it appropriate :)

I don't know why he has to keep repeating the same line over and over again. It's like Arcspace everytime the BAE thread gets upped telling us he's crap and only gets rated because he says lol on twitter and drives a noddy car.

I don't know why he has to keep repeating the same line over and over again. It's like Arcspace everytime the BAE thread gets upped telling us he's crap and only gets rated because he says lol on twitter and drives a noddy car.

This is the Danny Rose thread. I asked a specific question about Danny Rose. Roy gave his opinion on Danny Rose.

Back