• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Rose

They can’t defend for toffee and are about as aggressive as my Nan
He would be a good fit for them but there has never been a rumour of it
Plus Parker has worked with him and might have an inside track on him being potentially high maintenance.

Could be a couple of suitors and Rose is waiting to see if he can spark a bidding war on wages as we get close to deadline day. He’s obviously going to take a step down so he may be waiting for a team that is the least likely to be involved in a relegation scrap, as he could end up seeing his days out in the championship.

I wish him well, was an excellent player for us at one time but over the last couple of seasons his form has dipped quite a bit and unfortunately we've moved on and he needs to find another club.

I'm fairly sure he wanted to leave previously and thought he was bigger than us but his own form and I would say mentality in terms of outbursts (though this may be harsh as they are likely linked to depression) have essentially meant those bigger fish are no longer interested in him.

I wish him well, was an excellent player for us at one time but over the last couple of seasons his form has dipped quite a bit and unfortunately we've moved on and he needs to find another club.

I'm fairly sure he wanted to leave previously and thought he was bigger than us but his own form and I would say meteorology in terms of outbursts (though this may be harsh as they are likely linked to depression) have essentially meant those bigger fish are no longer interested in him.
Sorry I misread this as being about Dele!

I do feel for him, the Walker sale was a pivotal moment for us, the blind loyalty the nucleus of the squad had was broken - I’m still not sure what the message was as to me Walker getting a move to City was a huge reward and it wouldn’t be unthinkable that there was interest from other clubs offering to double Rose’s wage, move him back up North and offered the stronger long term possibility of trophies. He’s never really recovered from the injury around the time of that interview and I do think he will be seen as high maintenance along with the risk of his wages versus his ability to get back to somewhere near his best. I really hope he goes for the club that is the right fit for him rather than the one with the most prestige / highest payers.

No one will buy him. I predict he'll be without a club by the end of next week.
Shame as he was a brilliant player for us, who gave his all.

Nobody will admit to this, but it is the mental health issues that are the stumbling block.

What makes you say that with such confidence?

Personally I don't see why there has to be something that isn't being admitted or whatever, it'd just be nice to see him find a new home and play football. That's not going to stop me giggling at the inbetweeners reference.

If Rose is only sticking to clubs up north then it'll have to be more Hull than Leeds / Sheffield / Saudi Sportswashing Machine as he simply isn't good enough for them. Unless he really enjoys training at the facilities surely a loan somewhere with them paying bulk of the wages "suits" everyone at this stage...

I think the deadline will pass and Spurs will end up trying to pay off the final year of his contract. Its unfortunate but with his age and wages, and the current climate where clubs are trying to loan first (which doesn't really suit him or us now) will make it difficult to find a club, At least at top club that would interest him

Yes. We're left with three choices if he's still with us at 23:01 tomorrow. Pay up his contract, try to loan him to an EFL club or hold onto him until January and try to sell him then.

I think best thing would be to pay off his contract and then offer to pay for a therapist for a year. That way the club cover themselves in case the unthinkable happens.

I imagine having someone mooping around the training ground is not good for the general mood.

I think that it is pretty dangerous diagnosing mental health issues when you don't know an individual and what is currently happening.

Hasn't he admitted to depression? i thought it was on the record. I reckon some clubs have given him a miss because of this. Not saying I approve of that, because I do not.

Hasn't he admitted to depression? i thought it was on the record. I reckon some clubs have given him a miss because of this. Not saying I approve of that, because I do not.

If he was... younger, on lower wages, still playing to a high standard... then I would be shocked if clubs weren't queuing up for him.

You are right though, it could be true, and would be sad if it was.

Yes, he has spoken about it quite openly. Didn't he also say last summer that one club had made enquiries but had backed off due to his suffering from depression? It was rumoured to be City I think? Or Everton. All a bit vague in my memory now but I recall something about it.

Back