• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

The early part of the transfer window was successful.

The later part not really, lots of reports, which back up reports of previous years that Levy is involved in the outgoings. I do hope he is as far away from transfers as possible. But I have my doubts based on previous years and reports from lots of different sources.
Yes, he wasn't involved in the early successful part but is 100% involved in the (yet to be determined) unsuccessful part.

Unless we get Johnson over the line, then he wasn't involved.

Double standards from some fans of course

I don’t particularly blame him for any player not coming in or going out….but….you have to agree the personnel situation (Munn/DOF) is a bit of a sh!t show.

So by proxy he’s accountable for the collective lack of action and not fulfilling our objectives in the transfer department.

I don’t particularly blame him for any player not coming in or going out….but….you have to agree the personnel situation (Munn/DOF) is a bit of a sh!t show.

So by proxy he’s accountable for the collective lack of action and not fulfilling our objectives in the transfer department.

I think Munn and Paratici are doing a good job so far, not that I know exactly what Munn does day to day

We have had loads of action though
Look at the volume in and out
The issues is we can’t get buyers for players that don’t what to go to the clubs that want them
Hugo is apparently turning down nice
Pierre turned down Fulham
Dier.. we don’t know yet

but if they really were that good the better clubs would want them and pay the money

Yes, he wasn't involved in the early successful part but is 100% involved in the (yet to be determined) unsuccessful part.

Unless we get Johnson over the line, then he wasn't involved.

I'm going on the basis as I said that the gave been lots of reports over the years by lots of different people in football at how Levy has trouble selling players, places to high a value on players leaving.

Certainly would seem that way in recent seasons. Basing this on years of different people talking in interviews.

I know some like to be contrain and defend Levy, believing it makes them more sophisticated but the value the club place on players and the difficulty in moving players on, keeps coming back to him.

I'm going on the basis as I said that the gave been lots of reports over the years by lots of different people in football at how Levy has trouble selling players, places to high a value on players leaving.

Certainly would seem that way in recent seasons. Basing this on years of different people talking in interviews.

I know some like to be contrain and defend Levy, believing it makes them more sophisticated but the value the club place on players and the difficulty in moving players on, keeps coming back to him.
It's easy to blame Levy without looking at the bigger picture of what's going on in football. Lots of clubs are finding it difficult to move players on. There are more loan moves than ever. Clubs in Europe haven't the money to buy, Chelsea alone are spending more than whole leagues. Then we have stupid amounts being paid by PL clubs for average players.

In the last couple of years, we've let players go for next to nothing or torn up their contracts so it's not like we don't cut our losses when the club thinks it's right.

We have had loads of action though
Look at the volume in and out
The issues is we can’t get buyers for players that don’t what to go to the clubs that want them
Hugo is apparently turning down nice
Pierre turned down Fulham
Dier.. we don’t know yet

but if they really were that good the better clubs would want them and pay the money

I like the ins. The ones we’ve seen have been good and I like the idea of Johnson and him being an Ange choice.

I’d have liked one more in - maybe LCB.

I think we’re ok in midfield - although I do think Gallagher would have been an upgrade on PEH and solved a couple of issues.

Not signing a striker when you sell the best one in the world will only be proven good or bad when we see how Richy and Johnson pan out - and that’s assuming there is some sort of plan to play Johnson through the middle.

I like the ins. The ones we’ve seen have been good and I like the idea of Johnson and him being an Ange choice.

I’d have liked one more in - maybe LCB.

I think we’re ok in midfield - although I do think Gallagher would have been an upgrade on PEH and solved a couple of issues.

Not signing a striker when you sell the best one in the world will only be proven good or bad when we see how Richy and Johnson pan out - and that’s assuming there is some sort of plan to play Johnson through the middle.
Fully agree
The CBS worry me but the club is being sensible IMO
We don’t need more players just in case so they need or be the right ones
I think some of the younger ones will show up next summer and fill the Dier and Sanchez roles

It's easy to blame Levy without looking at the bigger picture of what's going on in football. Lots of clubs are finding it difficult to move players on. There are more loan moves than ever. Clubs in Europe haven't the money to buy, Chelsea alone are spending more than whole leagues. Then we have stupid amounts being paid by PL clubs for average players.

In the last couple of years, we've let players go for next to nothing or torn up their contracts so it's not like we don't cut our losses when the club thinks it's right.

It's a balancing act. Buy high sell low isn't going to work unless you have a well heeled backer. Simon Jordan said it perfectly when he said that people don't have the answer to the question of where the money would come from.to fund Spurs unless Levy spun the plates the way he has, yes some have fallen and broken but other than rubbing his hands and hoping for money to appear from thin air. He has made many a mistake but the idea we roll over an pay whatever other clubs want, sell at whatever price they want isn't lost on me when I fancy a giggle

It's a balancing act. Buy high sell low isn't going to work unless you have a well heeled backer. Simon Jordan said it perfectly when he said that people don't have the answer to the question of where the money would come from.to fund Spurs unless Levy spun the plates the way he has, yes some have fallen and broken but other than rubbing his hands and hoping for money to appear from thin air. He has made many a mistake but the idea we roll over an pay whatever other clubs want, sell at whatever price they want isn't lost on me when I fancy a giggle
We've had about 15 transfers (ins and outs, including loans and obligations to buy). If Levy's negotiating made us 2m on average per deal then that's probably the difference between getting Johnson and not getting him.
Instead, we just hear fans shouting "Pay the extra couple of mill and get him in early" without being able to see that all those couple of million add up. Yes, there's times to go out on a limb for a certain player but in general we have to get the biggest bang for a buck in order to compete.

I have my doubts on how much further Levy can take us but some of the brick from the ENIC out phalanx really tinkles me off.

The biggest one is that we don’t spend money and he doesn’t back managers. Since the stadium opened, he backed Poch with Ndombele and GLC (albeit he sacked him not long after), he backed Jose in the window Bale came and he backed Conte last season. He could have done more, particularly at CB, but he has spent on transfers. I think since the stadium opened, we are in the top 5 for net spend in a time when Chelsea are sowing the seeds of a long term problem with their spending and Saudi Sportswashing Machine won the lottery.

My biggest gripe with Levy isn’t on fees, it’s on wages where I think he’s too conservative. But others here have made the argument that what he’s doing on wages will serve us well under new FFP rules.

While I don’t believe Levy will bring us much further, there are a lot more potential owners who could drag us right back to mid table mediocrity or even worse than potential owners who can bring us forward.

I have my doubts on how much further Levy can take us but some of the brick from the ENIC out phalanx really tinkles me off.

The biggest one is that we don’t spend money and he doesn’t back managers. Since the stadium opened, he backed Poch with Ndombele and GLC (albeit he sacked him not long after), he backed Jose in the window Bale came and he backed Conte last season. He could have done more, particularly at CB, but he has spent on transfers. I think since the stadium opened, we are in the top 5 for net spend in a time when Chelsea are sowing the seeds of a long term problem with their spending and Saudi Sportswashing Machine won the lottery.

My biggest gripe with Levy isn’t on fees, it’s on wages where I think he’s too conservative. But others here have made the argument that what he’s doing on wages will serve us well under new FFP rules.

While I don’t believe Levy will bring us much further, there are a lot more potential owners who could drag us right back to mid table mediocrity or even worse than potential owners who can bring us forward.

I think he has struggle with the balance on wages, I also think he has felt burnt by the money gifted to the likes of Ndombele. Others who we see not leaving are on handsome money, so maybe the mistakes he made burnt him.

TBH regardless of that, and this isn't a defence of the man, I much prefer this lean and mean, hungrier younger idea than trying to play billy big tomatoes. We are trending at a decent succes rate now with transfers, long may it continue.

Thing with wages is that if a player doesn't work out it's incredibly difficult to shift them. There are only maybe a dozen clubs in europe that can match the wages we spend.
Other clubs are having the same problems and are looking to reduce what they spend. Man utd in particular.

Fully agree
The CBS worry me but the club is being sensible IMO
We don’t need more players just in case so they need or be the right ones
I think some of the younger ones will show up next summer and fill the Dier and Sanchez roles

I guess the interesting question is: do you sell/loan Sanchez if a good offer comes in? Leaving Dier and Davies as cover who both seem unsuitable?

I guess this will be Anges decision ultimately. We’ve been so keen to shift Sanchez but we might just have to hang onto him.

Personally I would be brave and let Sanchez go. Dier is possibly the better player all told. Doesn’t have the pace but is less prone to mistakes. Sanchez has 2 serious mistakes a game on average and needs a move. Dier can play very well in spells. I don’t think he can keep it up all season but he can put in a run of 10 games and was decent - more than decent - at the beginning under Conte.

So I don’t get the Dier hate and the logic of keeping Sanchez who’s a more error prone player. All be it a quicker CB.

Thing with wages is that if a player doesn't work out it's incredibly difficult to shift them. There are only maybe a dozen clubs in europe that can match the wages we spend.
Other clubs are having the same problems and are looking to reduce what they spend. Man utd in particular.

Yeah I get that and as @Grays_1890 says, it must burn handing Ndombele 200k a week. But I’m looking in terms of our wages to turnover ratio which is always the lowest in the league by a good distance. That to me indicates he’s too conservative on wages.

But, let’s be fair, I know fudge all about running a football club. So I can offer an opinion, but there’s a decent chance I’m wrong.

I guess the interesting question is: do you sell/loan Sanchez if a good offer comes in? Leaving Dier and Davies as cover who both seem unsuitable?

I guess this will be Anges decision ultimately. We’ve been so keen to shift Sanchez but we might just have to hang onto him.

Personally I would be brave and let Sanchez go. Dier is possibly the better player all told. Doesn’t have the pace but is less prone to mistakes. Sanchez has 2 serious mistakes a game on average and needs a move. Dier can play very well in spells. I don’t think he can keep it up all season but he can put in a run of 10 games and was decent - more than decent - at the beginning under Conte.

So I don’t get the Dier hate and the logic of keeping Sanchez who’s a more error prone player. All be it a quicker CB.

Dier doesnt fit Ange's tactics at all. Sanchez is far better.

Yeah I get that and as @Grays_1890 says, it must burn handing Ndombele 200k a week. But I’m looking in terms of our wages to turnover ratio which is always the lowest in the league by a good distance. That to me indicates he’s too conservative on wages.

But, let’s be fair, I know fudge all about running a football club. So I can offer an opinion, but there’s a decent chance I’m wrong.

Hahah absolutely, same boat mate, I mean we all do our bag of a fag box sums, but I don't think it tells the whole story either way.

The clubs now responsible for the biggest staff in world football now with the new ground, as an operation that comes with its own pressures that requires a level of financial stability as a normal company, we had to navigate that added pressure through a pandemic when our fans threw the toys out about furlough etc. My point being that I honestly think there is a bigger picture in everything relating to finances and cashflows etc, alot more than the usual jibes about gleening money and offshore accounts

Don't we have the biggest bonuses in the prem though (at least i think we did a while back)?

Having said that. I've said for a while i would like new owners though. I think levy is too risk averse.But i won't hate them for it. I understand their perspective. I'd just like to see us go to the next level. Which admittedly is going to be difficult when you have countries owning teams.

Back