• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

If Levy is as big Spurs fan like he claims he is then surely last nights result must hurt him as badly as it hurts us. He should be on his knees begging Lewis for a couple of hundred million to invest in the squad. You can soon get that back in revenue these days when you’re successful.

If Levy is as big Spurs fan like he claims he is then surely last nights result must hurt him as badly as it hurts us. He should be on his knees begging Lewis for a couple of hundred million to invest in the squad. You can soon get that back in revenue these days when you’re successful.

Couple of £100m, how much have city and psg thrown at the CL and still not won it?
If only it was as easy spending money.

Couple of £100m, how much have city and psg thrown at the CL and still not won it?
If only it was as easy spending money.

I agree there’s no guarantee about winning it as cup matches can be a lottery. Unfortunately we’ve stagnated badly and now we’re not even challenging. Strong investment gets you there or there abouts and if we don’t invest we are just going to have to stomach watching other teams picking up silver pots.

Seriously guys why do you do this to yourselves? Lewis is not going to chuck a couple of hundred mil our way. We are self sufficient, we generate our own funds and have done for the last 20 years. You might not like it and want new owners which is fair enough. But until someone comes in to buy us that is the way it is. Accept it for what it is. Might as well be upset the uk doesn't have as nice weather as spain.

Forget what the other teams are doing, we have different situations. Just as fulham are in a different situation to us. Yes on monday you'll have to face some gloating chelsea fans. Deal with it.

Levy might be the fan he claims albeit a clueless one and led astray by those he works with directly who prefer to be invisible hands pulling his strings.

The bizarre PR attempt around forgetting the Spurs dna, the inability to address the quality of the first team given the still sizable budget and losing a manager without one in place.... All seem too blatantly poor decisions for a smart guy like Levy.

Maybe he needs better senior staff before asking for more money from Lewis.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I agree there’s no guarantee about winning it as cup matches can be a lottery. Unfortunately we’ve stagnated badly and now we’re not even challenging. Strong investment gets you there or there abouts and if we don’t invest we are just going to have to stomach watching other teams picking up silver pots.
getting to a final isn't challenging?

Reactions: DTA
Seriously guys why do you do this to yourselves? Lewis is not going to chuck a couple of hundred mil our way. We are self sufficient, we generate our own funds and have done for the last 20 years. You might not like it and want new owners which is fair enough. But until someone comes in to buy us that is the way it is. Accept it for what it is. Might as well be upset the uk doesn't have as nice weather as spain.

Forget what the other teams are doing, we have different situations. Just as fulham are in a different situation to us. Yes on monday you'll have to face some gloating chelsea fans. Deal with it.
Apparently, in 30 years or so the south east will have a climate akin to Barcelona’s right now if climate change continues at present pace..... So we can always hope for new owners!

Levy might be the fan he claims albeit a clueless one and led astray by those he works with directly who prefer to be invisible hands pulling his strings.

The bizarre PR attempt around forgetting the Spurs dna, the inability to address the quality of the first team given the still sizable budget and losing a manager without one in place.... All seem too blatantly poor decisions for a smart guy like Levy.

Maybe he needs better senior staff before asking for more money from Lewis.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
I wonder how much of the club funds went to the PR agency who came up with that nonsense end of season message?

I’m not sure anyone is doing otherwise are they?

Well Doctor76 is saying levy should be begging lewis for £200m to spend on players.

Others are calling for enic out, even protesting. All that will do is wind each other up. People get angry and upset. Which in turn lessens the enjoyment people get from supporting spurs.

Just take a step back and enjoy us for what we are. We are not a giant state backed football club. We are nationally fairly big who win more than we lose. We have won few trophies in the last 20 years but have had great times trying to.

If a new owner comes in and wants to make us the uks real madrid, great. If not well lets just get on with it and see if we can get success without one.

I see Liverpool again showing Spurs how to act. Need a CB, gone and bought Leipzig's Konta for £35m. No tinkling about, no protracted negotiation to the final day of the window.

Spot an issue, fix it. We're desperately short in that area, granted we don't have a manager thanks to Levy's wasted 2 year hard on for Jose, but aside from that, we just spend too much time fudging about instead of doing what needs to be done.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
If only it was as easy as that. Liverpool is a much bigger draw than we are. If we tried to get Konate, he'd probably hold out for... a Liverpool. CL at Leipzig, CL at Pool, ECL with us. We'd have to pay significantly higher wages to entice the player and even then it's not guarantee we'd get him absent a proper manager and a plan for the future.

Now if you were talking about 3-4 years ago when we were finishing 2nd and 3rd and CL regulars, then you'd have a point. Right now, it's complicated.

We are nationally fairly big who win more than we lose. We have won few trophies in the last 20 years but have had great times trying to.
Always good to see some positive thinking, but sadly that is too grown up for me right now. If not a magic solution, at least I want a reason to believe again, starting with a manager who respects the club and wants the job because he wants to aim high, preferably someone with passion and a connection to the fans.

Well Doctor76 is saying levy should be begging lewis for £200m to spend on players.

Others are calling for enic out, even protesting. All that will do is wind each other up. People get angry and upset. Which in turn lessens the enjoyment people get from supporting spurs.

Just take a step back and enjoy us for what we are. We are not a giant state backed football club. We are nationally fairly big who win more than we lose. We have won few trophies in the last 20 years but have had great times trying to.

If a new owner comes in and wants to make us the uks real madrid, great. If not well lets just get on with it and see if we can get success without one.
I think people can make whatever comments they want on a Spurs forum. Those who like Levy and ENIC are just as free to do so as those that don’t.

Back