• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

absolutely, everything is a calculation, but I don't believe it was just dealing with Levy, he must have had questions over the player too

Over a player like modric? I think the fact that we didn't sell to Chelsea ... man u didn't want the same rejection

I was chatting to a Geordie lad sat night who works in sport science

He has friends working behind the scenes at various clubs and a Tottenham too

At Tottenham everyone is on a bonus system pretty much like F1... but it's relevant to when the play in the case of
players. He was told it was as high as 50% of their wages so someone on £65k could get £100k if the played and we won

That might explain why Rose is unhappy as he isn't getting his match bonus

Was also thinking the same thing - we seem to hear that players are seemingly more frustrated than most when they are injured. Months ago I suspected something like this was going on with Lamela. And maybe Walker would have been fine had he been guarenteed first choice but once he realises Trippier is just as good an option for us, it makes sense for him to leave and get the bigger guarantee.

Although it does beg the question; I thought we would be doing something whereby we would offer comparitively bigger bonuses in order to compensate players fairly for performing consistently...but could other richer clubs not just offer the same bonus structure alongside the bigger base?

Over a player like modric? I think the fact that we didn't sell to Chelsea ... man u didn't want the same rejection

Yeah...this story should make Levy look like a fantastic Chairman, not some unreasonable bastard. Putting off another club so much that we keep our best player even though we have much smaller finances? Absolutely brilliant.

I think United didn't want to be seen to make such a strong move and use everything in their Armory (media campaign, pressure etc) only to come out with a failure. It hurts their brand. They need to be seen as successful. Levy's brilliance is in establishing the fact that if you want to deal with him, it is going to be a painful experience and probably unsuccessful.

Levy should certainly be applauded for the way he works, but all he does is make the number bigger, if Fergie has decided Modric was the one he wanted he'd have sent his chairman off to get it done, whatever the cost.

It was the fee that Levy would have got that they balked on, not having to be in a room with him.

It's a good story, but in football, the answer is always money.

Levy should certainly be applauded for the way he works, but all he does is make the number bigger, if Fergie has decided Modric was the one he wanted he'd have sent his chairman off to get it done, whatever the cost.

It was the fee that Levy would have got that they balked on, not having to be in a room with him.

It's a good story, but in football, the answer is always money.

Agree with most of that but we could have got more Money for modric from Chelsea and same for bale and utd ... but levy weighed it up and it made sense even at a lower sum.

Agree with most of that but we could have got more Money for modric from Chelsea and same for bale and utd ... but levy weighed it up and it made sense even at a lower sum.

thats a whole different thing

I'm simply saying that I don't believe Fergie couldn't be arsed to negotiate for a player he wanted because it wasn't gonna be easy

I think they probably would have tried if they thought they could be successful, but they didn't want to be seen as failures.

I am hoping we wont all be so close together at the new ground, if you were sat next to a fatty at the lane you were in trouble. To be fair the seats were to narrow, I am 6 foot and my knees would often be touching the back of the head of the person in the row in front of me.

I actually found this to differ depending upon the area of the ground in which you were sat. For example the East stand, upper or lower, I always found to be terrible for this kind of thing, exactly as you describe. When in my preferred Park Lane Upper though I didn't have half the problems.

*Goes misty eyed at the memories*

Was also thinking the same thing - we seem to hear that players are seemingly more frustrated than most when they are injured. Months ago I suspected something like this was going on with Lamela. And maybe Walker would have been fine had he been guarenteed first choice but once he realises Trippier is just as good an option for us, it makes sense for him to leave and get the bigger guarantee.

Although it does beg the question; I thought we would be doing something whereby we would offer comparitively bigger bonuses in order to compensate players fairly for performing consistently...but could other richer clubs not just offer the same bonus structure alongside the bigger base?

The Walker situation has been partially detailed mate. Aside from the Norf and moolah, he crossed a line with Poch. If he still wanted him/trusted him, he'd be here! Rose is an absolute idiot.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

walob

this is the only bit that matters

“DL said that all players were under contracts, contracts they were happy to sign at the time. They would be expected to honour those contracts. They wouldn’t have had a reduction if things had gone badly.”

Steff.....you've been quiet about Rose on these pages - how do you really feel :mad:. LOL!

I like the way Levy and Poch are working together. If Poch wants a player moved on, Levy obliges - even if he is arguably one of the marquee players (eg. Walker). I wonder if Levy has learnt from his mistakes, like Mike Ashley. I've not seen the full interview but what I have seen was interesting. I reckon Levy has learnt from the mistakes made with Jol/Redknapp etc. and Poch is the lucky benefactor?

As a result Rose must have something Poch wants, because he has shown that if you cross him, he will get rid. Does anyone know what actually happened between Poch and Walker?

The story about Levy agreeing to the commission with the agent as long as he bought an exec box at the lane is hilarious.

But yeah, overly simplistic article other than that. Taylor is usually good on Man United stuff but he doesn't know much about Spurs. Good info graphic going round that we pay the 12th best wages in the world. This idea that somehow Stoke and Bournemouth are outspending us on wages just isn't true.

No doubt we will have to pay more when we get into the new stadium and no doubt players have performed well. But they were also rewarded for their third place finish with improved contracts and whose to say wouldn't have been rewarded again when the window closes for their runners up spot. They can't all start claiming they are suddenly all worth PSG wages because they've had just one more season since their prior rewarded where they've also done well. There has to be consistency and the smart players hopefully realise they have performed so well because they've been given a platform which enables them to flourish. The fact that a lot of them are suddenly top tier and potentially world class isn't an accident, and they certainly weren't before they got to Spurs.

I completely agree with you. I think the players are seeing what the bigger 5 clubs to us are paying, and because we are competing with those clubs in a competitive sense, they are believing that they should be paid accordingly. Personally when you look at those clubs wage bills and their revenue, it is about 1 and a half times ours so actually I can completely understand why Levy has had to keep to a rigid wage structure based on bonuses rather than "guaranteed" amounts. The stadium will go a long way to closing that gap, but until we start winning things and as a result the amount we can get from sponsorship etc.... increases, we will never be able to pay as much as a Liverpool. At least not in a sustainable way.

Personally I think this whole Danny Rose situation is incredulous. The guy willingly signed a new contract, and has been injured for the majority of the time since. Quite what has changed with regards to what he thinks he is worth, I don't know. But, the damage is done and we need to react. Quite what the right reaction is I do not know, but it is not as simple as some on here (and Jermaine Jenas) are saying which is to relax the wage structure. That is the sure fire way to financial disaster and hardship.

As for the final point you make, I am afraid to say that loyalty is a dying trait. It also works in all directions, so if we want players to be loyal to us, we need to be loyal to them. This is something that I think Poch has got right more so than any other manager in recent memory. The important players love him because he is good for their careers.

Nick Harris Twitter feed .. just food for thought

DHECRcVXkAAVZaH.jpg

And to @Bedfordspurs comment, I've always believed our base wages are deceiving, the financial reports as far back as our first CL season showed a significant bump in wages the year we made the QF run with Bale IIRC.

Nick Harris Twitter feed .. just food for thought

DHECRcVXkAAVZaH.jpg

And to @Bedfordspurs comment, I've always believed our base wages are deceiving, the financial reports as far back as our first CL season showed a significant bump in wages the year we made the QF run with Bale IIRC.

From someone I know the Bonuses at the club are great, Kanes wages based on salary and goal bonus is very healthy

Back