• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Don't get me wrong, I think that Levy has been great for Spurs and the club is in an immeasurably better position than when ENIC took over. I just think that an honest assessment of his tenure also has to include his hit and miss record with managers.

Yeh I can accept that but I would still say he is the best Chairman in world football. I could go on all day about why etc, I just love what this bloke does and how he does it.

Let's not get carried away. The tragectory of the club has clearly been on the up under his stewardship but his choices of managers have been hit and miss at best.
Whose choices are hit and hit? And better than miss and miss. The very nature of signing players/coaches is hit or miss, no?

Yeh I can accept that but I would still say he is the best Chairman in world football. I could go on all day about why etc, I just love what this bloke does and how he does it.

He's done a great job.

I just think that it's best to temper enthusiasm after a good result just as it's best not to get too carried away after a bad result.

He's done a great job.

I just think that it's best to temper enthusiasm after a good result just as it's best not to get too carried away after a bad result.

You can go back to previous pages in this and I have said the same time and time again.

Chelsea, Man United, City, Liverpool - All done bad things in management and player recruiting and all in recent years
Real Madrid - Ramos and Rafa plus numerous players (masked by the good ones)
Milan, InterMilan, Juve - Juve success masks the fact they were taken to the pits of football for scandal and dont get me started on the Milans of the world

And those above have the clout to have got it right many times and on many occasions got it VERY wrong

I don't know, it seems fairly consistent barring appointing Redknapp, but then we were facing relegation so a bit of fire fighting was called for. Sherwood was a stop gap, and maybe Redknapp was intended to be as well?

Redknapp was a - Keep us up, job and he done very well beyond that, AVB was a long term vision above Arry and the fans got their wish when he was sacked, so to be fair they all make sense when you look at them.

You can go back to previous pages in this and I have said the same time and time again.

Chelsea, Man United, City, Liverpool - All done bad things in management and player recruiting and all in recent years
Real Madrid - Ramos and Rafa plus numerous players (masked by the good ones)
Milan, InterMilan, Juve - Juve success masks the fact they were taken to the pits of football for scandal and dont get me started on the Milans of the world

And those above have the clout to have got it right many times and on many occasions got it VERY wrong

I agree

I don't know, it seems fairly consistent barring appointing Redknapp, but then we were facing relegation so a bit of fire fighting was called for. Sherwood was a stop gap, and maybe Redknapp was intended to be as well?

He's appointed several managers with no interest in playing youth players despite investing heavily in the academy.

He's appointed several managers with no interest in playing youth players despite investing heavily in the academy.

Without a crystal ball thats hard to know though right? I imagine in interviews all managers promise success, use of youth, great football, lack of youth football chances would not be the only thing they didnt achieve in many cases.

Without a crystal ball thats hard to know though right? I imagine in interviews all managers promise success, use of youth, great football, lack of youth football chances would not be the only thing they didnt achieve in many cases.
I remember very specifically that AVB made a number of grand promises about bringing through youth players when he was appointed only to then change his tune at a later date. Sherwood had many failings but not in respect of bringing through young spurs! And that was clearly one of the criteria that attracted us to pochettinho having looked at what he did at Southampton.

So on terms of our last 3 managerial appointments at least I disagree with Milo 's assertion of a disconnect between our managerial appointments and our investment in youth infrastructure! (Sorry Milo I normally concur with most of what you say!)

I agree that he has been good for the club. My question about his choice of managers would be that he does not appear to have a consistent set of criteria or a strategy and then appoint the best candidate to meet these. His appointments either appear to be fire fighting or a reaction against the last job holder.

I think that's a fair criticism. I think it takes balls to stick to a strategy no matter the circumstances that are affecting the club at the time and clearly he's played with the DoF, and managers/coaches who have fairly different approaches to the game so in that sense, he's not built a "spurs" way. I would say though that barring Redknapp and Sherwood, each of his appointments were made with the intention of making us better.

If I were in his position, I would also struggle to determine just how you would approach appointing a manager who is effectively required to make the club punch above its weight. Do you go for a Swansea type model (excluding Bob Bradley) where they have a defined style of play and therefore only certain types of managers works, or do you try different managers to see what works.

Regardless, I would still contend that without last night's result, Levy is one of the best chairmen in the world. You do need a bit of luck to succeed, but he has also had some bad luck. The emergence of Chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project as an example.

I'm sure that he loves what he does but ENIC are a sports investment company and I think that they are likely to sell at the point they think that they can maximise the return on their investment. If the TV revenue bubble keeps growing, that may be way down the line, on the other hand, it may be once the stadium is complete.

I can't fault them on the job they've done though.

Well owners come and go and nothing lasts for ever, however i really believe Levy is a fan as well as chairman and i can see him being here for a long time yet.

Levy is the best chairman in world football, bias aside what he has done at Spurs as an organic football team outweighs anything anyone else is doing.

Could not agree more with that and i have always thought that Levy was the best around, the progress this club has made since he took the job is amazing when you see the other financial doped clubs in the game now.

Well owners come and go and nothing lasts for ever, however i really believe Levy is a fan as well as chairman and i can see him being here for a long time yet.

He is there every game, with his son, it's a little bit more than business.

Levy has made Spur's more consistent than at any other point in our history, we played in a rigged game and our secret weapon is consistency, it almost payed off last season, but we have to keep slowly improving and be in position to take advantage of anyone in front of us who slips up.

No question, had we not been in an era of money doping clubs (Cheat$ki & City), Spurs would already be a CL regular and probably have a few cups/titles under Levy. We just have had to wor harder, take longer.

with Stadium and slightly more equal footing (to at least Pool/Scum), we should push on even more.

Let's not get carried away. The tragectory of the club has clearly been on the up under his stewardship but his choices of managers have been hit and miss at best.

The only thing i have complained about under Levy is the number of managers we have had, for a while there we seemed to be on a never ending roundabout of appointing and then sacking managers. Thankfully we now seem to have a manager who will take us the last few steps.

The only thing i have complained about under Levy is the number of managers we have had, for a while there we seemed to be on a never ending roundabout of appointing and then sacking managers. Thankfully we now seem to have a manager who will take us the last few steps.

Yeh thats where I was coming from, for me its not been the managers its been his swiftness to execute the chop, that said, he has lived and died by that and his mistakes.

I honestly think for me that is key, its ok making mistakes as long as your not hard headed in accepting that, in Levy I think he has self educated himself as he has gone and learnt as he goes. Lets not forget no one is born a chairman, its businessmen taking it on, but unlike Sugar for example he is humble enough to learn but arrogant enough to stand up for the club he loves

Back