• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

There's plenty of English speaking countries that would buy the rights as well.

I'm saying it would be trialled overseas. Singapore has been mooted as the trial place. They have high earnings, and high viewing figures for prem games. They will see what the takeup is. If it's popular then expand.

Recent news is that the Premier League are asking Sky and BT for same money as last time TV rights deal.
And BT Sport being put up for sale.
This means TV money has peaked.

Stadium income should become more important.

I also question why any billionaire would come in and pay the 2 billion ENIC would want.
You'd be better off getting a club like Villa on the cheap and pumping money into it.

It may have peaked for Sky and BT. The future is relatively cheap streaming of individual games all around the world.

It’s coming soon. And the income for the big clubs will be colossal.

S lot cheaper then current prices. I rarely have sound on.

As long as it doesn't stop people buying season tickets the prem wont care if sky loses subscribers. They'll have the rights already agreed. They can then launch premflix in the uk when that deal runs out.

If they make enough and people start not going to games they could reduce cost of tickets to games.

From a fans point it's great.

It may have peaked for Sky and BT. The future is relatively cheap streaming of individual games all around the world.

It’s coming soon. And the income for the big clubs will be colossal.

Think the money will be shared as in the current format. Will have to be for the clubs to agree. Utd and liverpool will push for a bigger slice in the future though. But we'll see what the fan led review comes out with. To make it more "fair and competitive".

Tbh since so much money comes from corporate (at least in london) they might not be too bothered if they had to drop the price of normal tickets. Get more youngsters going to games. Make them lifelong supporters/customers. As long as they make it up from increased tv revenue.

I know i'm derailing the thread a bit. Sorry.

But just using Singapore as an example. They pay the prem £50m for tv rights. They get 150,000 viewers. At £10 a month £180m they could get instead.

Already posted in the esl thread but will repeat here. As it regards our dear leader to some degree.

So the glaziers and enic have agreed to pick up the tab for the punishments from uefa. They didn't have to at all. Man utd are a plc. They don't seem to be people who shell out €20m+ if they don't have to. So i suspect uefa paid the english clubs to pull out.

Now, juve, real madrid and barca are still in the esl. So will face harsher penalties. Kicked out of the cl for a season or 2?

This will cost the clubs in coefficients which is measured over the previous 5 years and most likely their countries aswell.

All in time for the new cl format. Which has places for 2 teams that didn't qualify but have the highest coefficients. Which county and which clubs will benefit most from that?

Genius. Although i might be a bit drunk and over thinking it.

Already posted in the esl thread but will repeat here. As it regards our dear leader to some degree.

So the glaziers and enic have agreed to pick up the tab for the punishments from uefa. They didn't have to at all. Man utd are a plc. They don't seem to be people who shell out €20m+ if they don't have to. So i suspect uefa paid the english clubs to pull out.

Now, juve, real madrid and barca are still in the esl. So will face harsher pelanties. Kicked out of the cl for a season or 2?

This will cost the clubs in coefficients which is measured over the previous 5 years and most likely their countries aswell.

All in time for the new cl format. Which has places for 2 teams that didn't qualify but have the highest coefficients. Which county and which clubs will benefit most from that?

Genius. Although i might be a bit drunk and over thinking it.
The punishment is about £2m
And it’s charity donations so tax deductible

Last edited:
The punishment is about £2m
And it’s shariah donations so tax deductible

The punishment is €15m. And 5% of the money they get from next seasons european competitions. (Not to mention the money they put into the esl).

As for tax deductable, lewis and city owner don't pay tax.

The punishment is €15m. And 5% of the money they get from next seasons european competitions. (Not to mention the money they put into the esl).

Between 9 sides
That money is split over the 9 clubs so it’s a pittance
And it’s tax deductible so will be balanced with any losses carried forward

No, but both clubs pay tax

Between 9 sides
That money is split over the 9 clubs so it’s a pittance
And it’s tax deductible so will be balanced with any losses carried forward

It's not split and not coming from the clubs. The owners (at least enic and the glaziers so far). Have said they will cover it themselves.

Yes but the fines are not going to come from the clubs. The owners have said they would cover it themselves. Which was my point. They didn't have to. Which makes me suspect uefa paid the owners to pull out of the esl.
Thought it was the clubs paying, that's even better then, not that it's a huge amount for them

However you dress it up ... it makes no iota in them trying to sugar coat what they did.

It's all about damage control now

Back