• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Fine, but I don't see who it hurts if people want to come on here and have a rant, as long as it does not get personal (I accept I can cross the line sometimes although I never set out to) I really don't see the problem. Even when rational, valid points are presented, they are often given short shrift and derision. Posters are seen as "negative" if they dare criticise Levy, Poch's tactics, the direction of the club, the signings etc.

Could things be worse? Of course they could, but this window could have also gone a lot better and I don't see why some take offence because some fans are disappointed. That's what football does to you, it makes some panic, sometimes irrationally.

People can post what they like, but don't expect to not get responses from those that disagree. So much of the negative stuff lack any kind of logic or acceptance of the fact that we aren't alone in the transfer market or on the pitch.

Most post-match criticism may as well have been written before the match as it often has little relation to what actually happened.

Not on the face of it, but their budget isn't really close to ours have even managed to finish above us a few times.

That is because their chairman has not grown their fan base in foreign markets, secured better sponsorship deals and increased revenue like ours has.

Well I think you are insulting a lot of fans trying to sell them Levy's products and dodgy tactics. And that has been the case for years.

Especially Jordinho.

What do you want to see happen differently? You are not allowed to print money.;)

Its really is not fare of me as I know we would all like to minimise the disappointments like today.

Unless you know all the facts and figures none of us can call it differently.

The big problem with Levy is he is an easy target for us to vent our spleen on, when we don't get the poney we wanted for our birthday! He is the fall guy, because when we are disappoint (Berahino) he gets it in the neck, but we forget very quickly when things go right (Son).

We are all human, when dissatisfied we lash out!

We are not City or the like and as Spurs fans we are going to know great dissapionment, just like today!

People can post what they like, but don't expect to not get responses from those that disagree. So much of the negative stuff lack any kind of logic or acceptance of the fact that we aren't alone in the transfer market or on the pitch.

Most post-match criticism may as well have been written before the match as it often has little relation to what actually happened.

And it strikes me as its usually the same ones who do it all the time, funny way to support a club but it takes all sorts I guess.

That is because their chairman has not grown their fan base in foreign markets, secured better sponsorship deals and increased revenue like ours has.

We have a pretty big advantage over them when it comes to resources. Arguably a bigger fanbase too.

I'm not saying all criticism is deserved or rational, a lot of it isn't, but some of it is fully justified and is presented in a coherent manner.

That was actually a decent window. We got some short term cover without splashing out massive fees.

That window was poor also. Nelson was a shrewd buy, but Saha?! Whether that was Redknapp, Levy or both we will never know. But as others have said, that window has been covered plenty.

Agree said earlier, Chelsea couldnt buy John Stones for 40mil and Man Utd resigned themselves to selling their best goalkeeper. Its not just us that finds it difficult to deal in the transfer window.

We are a realistic 6th in the league in terms of current draw, however plenty of teams with bigger grounds / history would happily swap with us. There are mistakes in Levy's reign but its difficult to criticise without the full facts. However im happy to continue where we are going it make sense on and off the pitch.

I also think that everyone seems to have missed the fact that Poch pulled the Lamela deal to OM from under levy's nose due to the Berahino deal not happening yesterday. Which would suggest Poch seems either Lamela as a CF or Berahino as a RWF.

Speaking a few german mates they all think Son can/will play as a 9 and i personally dont know enough to say where Njie will end up

You think that Everton have progressed more than us in the last ten years?

Everton have a bigger stadium than us and a richer history, they've won what 9 league titles? They are at least the same size as us with a similar financial model, they are the perfect comparison club for our performance under ENIC.

We have a pretty big advantage over them when it comes to resources. Arguably a bigger fanbase too.

We have a big advantage over them because we are well run and have grown our business. We have also invested in our infrastructure and developed a transfer strategy that means that we sign players with a resale value.

But Enic don't put anything in to club out of their own pockets? The reason we have grown so far ahead of Everton off the field is because we have been run very well by them, it's not luck or coincidence

I'm a bit confused, just one post up, another poster said ENIC do put their own money into the club?

I'd love to see figures on the size/growth in our fan base in new markets compared to Everton over the last ten years.

I'm a bit confused, just one post up, another poster said ENIC do put their own money into the club?

We have had a number of share issues where ENIC have put money into the club. What we are not is subsidised by our owners on a consistent basis. We spend what we earn.

I can't imagine Levy having peaceful discussions with anyone high up at Chel53a.

Anyway back to Spurs and Berahino, I'm not that upset we didn't sign him, but why not line up other targets? It smacks to me of paying lip service to the fans, oh well we tried but the other club were unreasonable.

I'm fine with people backing Levy, but I can't see why some can't just admit sometimes that he makes the odd mistake.

Levy makes mistakes as he's human - but I truly believe he does not go out of his way to harm Spurs like some try claim. I am not backing or opposing him, he is what he is the chairman of Spurs football club and thus a very very easy target when people don't get thier own way!

Back