• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

I can't agree with this either. I know we all want trophies but what Levy has given the club is so much more than a couple of League Cups or FA Cups. What he's done for the club and the local area is incredible and I'd put a statue of him up outside the ground if I had my way. I know we want success now but he's set this club up for a lot of future success and transformed us in a way that no other club has been transformed in the last 20 years save for the two lotto winners.

Makes a bunch of mistakes, and I believe Jose is the latest in that list, but gets far more right than he gets wrong.

What he's done for the club is secure the future, Spurs will have bad years, bad managers and brick results but will be secure at the top level always (the infrastructure and brand work has enabled that). The club can fund itself to keep out of trouble, something only probably 4 clubs in the PL can say

Hilarious that some think a couple of cups would have been a better investment

What he's done for the club is secure the future, Spurs will have bad years, bad managers and brick results but will be secure at the top level always (the infrastructure and brand work has enabled that). The club can fund itself to keep out of trouble, something only probably 4 clubs in the PL can say

I though think Covid has had a high impact and set us back especially squad replenishment wise.
Cups are great fun but largely a sideshow.

I though think Covid has had a high impact and set us back especially squad replenishment wise.
Cups are great fun but largely a sideshow.

Yes, completely agree, hopefully it's just a temporary setback

Remains my deluded hope now, when normality (or something close) resumes, we can hit the ground running with the new income streams. Other clubs will have to dig themselves out of debt and any new infrastructure investments will likely be put off for years, history has shown a small number of years of financial advantage can be huge on long term results.

I believe only ourselves & United were considered well run enough to qualify for the government covid business support loan - that suggests to me that we're going to come out the other side of this less-worse than the majority, so potentially in a good position, relatively speaking?

Would be sensible to be looking in to how we could exploit that in the transfer market, as ruthless as that sounds

Would be sensible to be looking in to how we could exploit that in the transfer market, as ruthless as that sounds
Hope you are correct.
As you say I worry too much, but many just ignore this last 12 months which I do think will impact heavily on all non-doped clubs going forward.

I believe only ourselves & United were considered well run enough to qualify for the government covid business support loan - that suggests to me that we're going to come out the other side of this less-worse than the majority, so potentially in a good position, relatively speaking?

United weren’t
They had to take a private loan
arsenal got the government loan a month to so ago for £120m

It may have not gone all that smooth for us this season ( on the pitch) but when all this covid is over ( and it will one day) then thanks to Levy and his forward planning we WILL be in a fantastic position to become a major player in the game.

He's now completed the first stage of his plan i.e. get the infrastructure in place, it's taken longer than anyone would've liked but some of that was due to circumstances beyond Levy's control.
The next 5 years will tell a lot and it's when he should start to be judged on what success we have on the pitch as the funds should now be there to support the playing side more.
I agree with this. The next 5 years will tell us everything about Levy's tenure at the club. It's a shame that we missed a very, VERY good opportunity to really cement ourselves as one of the top 16 clubs in World football through overspending on the capital project while underspending on the football side of things, but we are where we are and we'll see in this next half a decade whether the club continues to make big profits or instead operates at break even in an attempt to progress on the pitch.

Arsenal as well.

Not to mention, Levy may not be chairman to see the fruits of his labour, and the anti-Levy phalanx will say, see, as soon as Levy left we started winning trophies.

Last edited:

Not so sure, considering how much we still owe on transfer fees.

The main take I got from that is that we have enough cash reserves to cover our short-term debt and most of our debt is long on low-interest rates that isn't due for 23 years.
Hopefully, there is someone on here that knows more about finance and can either confirm that or ridicule my lack of understanding of finance

The main take I got from that is that we have enough cash reserves to cover our short-term debt and most of our debt is long on low-interest rates that isn't due for 23 years.
Hopefully, there is someone on here that knows more about finance and can either confirm that or ridicule my lack of understanding of finance

We are fine mate, there is fairly long list of clubs in the PL/Europe that will collapse long before Spurs.

The real question is can we be opportunistic with our position over the transition back to normality, being mean, who can we take advantage of in summer transfers? can we make investments in squad when others will have to be more cautious, will the larger scale of/modernized stadium mean even if we have to operate at a % of capacity we still pull away from the pack?

Lots of things to worry about Levy with, managing money is never one of them

It's a shame that we missed a very, VERY good opportunity to really cement ourselves as one of the top 16 clubs in World football through overspending on the capital project while underspending on the football side of things,
We didn't, lines of finance for commercial infrastructure projects are not relatable to transfer budgets ie if we borrowed £400m for the stadium instead of £600m it wouldn't mean we had the £200m difference to spend on players. Furthermore at current interest rates £200m extra (for example) equates to very little extra interest burden per year. What i concede might have happened is Levy made 'the books' look healthy for a couple of years to secure a AAA financial rating so to secure (and has) massively good rates/deals on the financial restructuring on completion (and has obviously helped with acquiring the government covid 'safety net' loan)

Back