• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Pochettino said: “It is never easy, there are always a lot of players around the world that you can sign,”

“But it’s like when you are in love with a lady – there are a lot of women around the world but you want only one. Sometimes, it is impossible. It’s about love. And in football, it is the same. For us, it is important to add the right profile, someone who can play under our style and our philosophy.”

“I think Tottenham have a lot of examples in the past and maybe, it is sometimes better to play the young players and players who have come through the academy,”

“Maybe, that is a mistake [signing players of the wrong profile] because you pay for a long time. You pay. I want to help the club so that when we sign a player, we are 99% sure it is the right player.

“The market is always difficult and in England, it is more difficult to fight with the big sides – the teams that pay a lot of money and increase the value of the market. This is why we need to be clever. Maybe, people cannot see what is our philosophy and sometimes it is difficult for people to understand why we do not sign a player. Sometimes you need to take a decision; sometimes you need to wait. But what is important is to have the conviction that you are in a good way and you have the right player.”

The best bits are the comments IMO.. calling people Donna Cullen's interns is a great line. I'll think I'll use that haha forwarned GRB.

Personally think its all done for the clicks his brick blog. Too talksport for me to read it.

Don't think in the slightest Peace did anything other than embarrass himself akin to the fat waiter and his list today. Chairman should be seen and not heard.

The best bits are the comments IMO.. calling people Donna Cullen's interns is a great line. I'll think I'll use that haha forwarned GRB.

Personally think its all done for the clicks his ****e blog. Too talksport for me to read it.

Don't think in the slightest Peace did anything other than embarrass himself akin to the fat waiter and his list today. Chairman should be seen and not heard.

Ha! Please don't. I will really, really cry. :(

I think we have found something we agree on (bit in bold)!

“The market is always difficult and in England, it is more difficult to fight with the big sides – the teams that pay a lot of money and increase the value of the market. This is why we need to be clever. Maybe, people cannot see what is our philosophy and sometimes it is difficult for people to understand why we do not sign a player. Sometimes you need to take a decision; sometimes you need to wait. But what is important is to have the conviction that you are in a good way and you have the right player.”

Do you think the last paragraph from Poch sheds any light on our transfer activity?

Its nothing we don't know already. we have to wait till others have finished there business.

That does not mean though that the club cannot have deals in place ready to go BAM that's the first one.. that's the second one.

I do wonder whether the last bit is a dig at Levy though over Son. This is a player under AVB we nearly signed but went to Leverkusen instead, and suddenly pops up on either Poch's list or Mitchell's black box.

Its nothing we don't know already. we have to wait till others have finished there business.

That does not mean though that the club cannot have deals in place ready to go BAM that's the first one.. that's the second one.

I do wonder whether the last bit is a dig at Levy though over Son. This is a player under AVB we nearly signed but went to Leverkusen instead, and suddenly pops up on either Poch's list or Mitchell's black box.

Why do you think it is a dig? Do you not think Poch wants Cyril?

that shouldn't be a surprise, there isn't a lot of difference between AVB and Poch's philosophy and there is a narrow band of players good enough for us that we can afford

I think Spooky's tweet nailed the argument to anyone trying to have a dig at Levy for apparently 'leaving it late again' with transfers.

Real Madrid: We'll offer you £20m for Bale.
Spurs: Deal.

Because that definitely happened didn't it?

I think Spooky's tweet nailed the argument to anyone trying to have a dig at Levy for apparently 'leaving it late again' with transfers.

Real Madrid: We'll offer you £20m for Bale.
Spurs: Deal.

Because that definitely happened didn't it?

i dont understand?

we are 4 days away from the window closing and we have one proper striker.............forget about other players that can fill in if needs be, that really isnt good enough as we have already seen this season

Finding a Kane back up/someone to play with him too was one of the most important tasks since the end of last season.

i dont understand?

we are 4 days away from the window closing and we have one proper striker.............forget about other players that can fill in if needs be, that really isnt good enough as we have already seen this season

Finding a Kane back up/someone to play with him too was one of the most important tasks since the end of last season.

Come on guys is it that difficult!!

The point is that negotiations need to take place. Just as we wouldn't expect our club to sell a prized asset to early on bids from other clubs, we can't expect other clubs to do the same either. Negotiations are a thing. They exist.

If we made bids of well over market value for say the 5 or so players we sign on average every summer, it's would virtually equal an entire extra transfer budget. Similarly, if we made bids of whatever value earlier in the summer, whether they were above market value or not, clubs would still hold out to get more money for prized assets because they will rarely accept the first offer. The key factor is time. Time forces decisions.

Come on guys is it that difficult!!

The point is that negotiations need to take place. Just as we wouldn't expect our club to sell a prized asset to early on bids from other clubs, we can't expect other clubs to do the same either. Negotiations are a thing. They exist.

If we made bids of well over market value for say the 5 or so players we sign on average every summer, it's would virtually equal an entire extra transfer budget. Similarly, if we made bids of whatever value earlier in the summer, whether they were above market value or not, clubs would still hold out to get more money for prized assets because they will rarely accept the first offer. The key factor is time. Time forces decisions.

our first bid was made on August 18th for Berahino. Come on, for a highly rated player like that, one that Poch most likely has high on his list, whatever way you want to twist it, its a very late time to be making your first official bid for the player.

its an absolute key signing, key position and the player in question is the best and most valuable asset at his club. So you are literally expected to do a deal within 13 days of making your first bid and also allowing the selling club to find a replacement in the same time. Its not ideal at all imo, not for anyone

Dont tell me you think there was no way we could have made the first bid at least lets say the last week of July. Please:rolleyes:

Simple really, they were in takeover talks until the end of July and no discussion about player moves could be done before that. :rolleyes:

our first bid was made on August 18th for Berahino. Come on, for a highly rated player like that, one that Poch most likely has high on his list, whatever way you want to twist it, its a very late time to be making your first official bid for the player.

its an absolute key signing, key position and the player in question is the best and most valuable asset at his club. So you are literally expected to do a deal within 13 days of making your first bid and also allowing the selling club to find a replacement in the same time. Its not ideal at all imo, not for anyone

Dont tell me you think there was no way we could have made the first bid at least lets say the last week of July. Please:rolleyes:

Bidding earlier would have made very little difference. We're not going to make an offer that's too good to turn down, meaning we'd still be here today waiting. We can make them an offer that is acceptable, but why would they take that? It all comes down to whether they feel it's worth it forcing him to stay if he's made it clear he wants out.

From today's Guardian:

"Tottenham are baffled by Peace’s accusations and there is no little anger behind the scenes at White Hart Lane. As far as they are concerned, they opened talks with Albion well before they made their opening offer on Tuesday of last week and the way they have structured the payments for Berahino is no different to how Albion have proposed to pay for Federico Fazio"

Bidding earlier would have made very little difference. We're not going to make an offer that's too good to turn down, meaning we'd still be here today waiting. We can make them an offer that is acceptable, but why would they take that? It all comes down to whether they feel it's worth it forcing him to stay if he's made it clear he wants out.

of course it would have made a difference, why do you think other clubs at every level manage to get deals done earlier in the window, and without having to make offers too good to turn down.

Like i said, it also gives the selling club an idea of whats being offered and what they themselves can do with that kind of money, gives them a chance to get some deals in place

Back