• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Spent money on all the infrastructure needed ... now to invest in the team. Jobs a goodun

I think this is spot on and (imo) was the right thing to do. I can not remember but i am sure i read somewhere that the extra games we had to play at Wembley cost us millions. If we had spent that cash in the summer ( and i still believe we tried too) then we may have had problems meeting that extra cost.

So we have a win win situation the way it has played out, we have CL qualification, paid the extra cash for Wembley. Now for the future ahead we are in a very good position.

I think this is spot on and (imo) was the right thing to do. I can not remember but i am sure i read somewhere that the extra games we had to play at Wembley cost us millions. If we had spent that cash in the summer ( and i still believe we tried too) then we may have had problems meeting that extra cost.

So we have a win win situation the way it has played out, we have CL qualification, paid the extra cash for Wembley. Now for the future ahead we are in a very good position.
I completely agree, and despite all of us second-guessing his every move, Levy has done brilliantly, perhaps even more brilliantly than we know because of financial and structural 'unknown unknowns' (for us) behind the scenes. For the first time in fifteen years I genuinely feel that he might be considering some serious investment in the team this summer. How much that is in terms of money I have no idea, and I still don't think more than three first-team players will be coming in this summer. But Levy is enough of a football man, and his ego is probably big enough too, to make sure his legacy ultimately includes not just a training centre and a stadium, but also a PL title.

Last edited:
I completely agree, and despite all of us second-guessing his every move, Levy has done brilliantly, perhaps even more brilliantly than we know because of financial and structural 'unknown unknowns' (for us) behind the scenes. For the first time in fifteen years I genuinely feel that he might be considering some serious investment in the team this summer. How much that is in terms of money I have no idea, and I still don't think more than three first-team players will be coming in this summer. But Levy is enough of a football man, and his ego is probably big enough too, to make sure his legacy ultimately includes not just a training centre and a stadium, but also a PL title.

I would think this as well, i have read elsewhere that we may need/want up to 7 players but i just do not see that at all. Bringing in 7 players would mean that Poch will have to start it all again and by the time he has got that number of players used to his methods/style we will be out of the race.

I would think this as well, i have read elsewhere that we may need/want up to 7 players but i just do not see that at all. Bringing in 7 players would mean that Poch will have to start it all again and by the time he has got that number of players used to his methods/style we will be out of the race.
The gap with City and Liverpool is quite big, and even three new players might require recalibration and loss of points in the early stages of next season. This could perhaps be minimized if Poch continues to believe in his 4231 system-plus-occasional-flexibility (I think he will) and tries to find like for like players - Sessegnon for Rose, Wan-Bissaka for Trippier etc. But if Eriksen (Ziyech?) and Alderweireld (Foyth?) leave, that would mean more serious rebuilding, and more dropped points before Christmas I would think.

Ideal scenario, we add 2 quality first team players and some youth players while retaining our stable core (new contract for Eriksen, possibly Toby as well).

The big question: if we don’t sell, how limited is our budget?

You’d think there was 50m+ available but the build overspend may have an impact on our free cash.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Ideal scenario, we add 2 quality first team players and some youth players while retaining our stable core (new contract for Eriksen, possibly Toby as well).

The big question: if we don’t sell, how limited is our budget?

You’d think there was 50m+ available but the build overspend may have an impact on our free cash.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Always think our budget is more limited by the salaries players may want as that is a longer term cost

Go in for someone like Haivertz and £60k a week is probably a big pay rise.. with an option to up his money quickly like we have done. Suddenly the £50m fee isn’t that crazy

3 first 11 challengers and 3 up and coming players to develop

3 first 11 challengers and 3 up and coming players to develop

If that’s it, I’d be alright with it. I’ve been pretty vocal about our inactivity in the last window but I wouldn’t like to see any more than 3 or 4 first team contenders come in over the summer. Rarely works when you start signing a lot of players together as both us and Everton found out in recent years (although there was a scattergun approach taken by both clubs too).

If that’s it, I’d be alright with it. I’ve been pretty vocal about our inactivity in the last window but I wouldn’t like to see any more than 3 or 4 first team contenders come in over the summer. Rarely works when you start signing a lot of players together as both us and Everton found out in recent years (although there was a scattergun approach taken by both clubs too).

Liverpool’s success has come from adding 2 players who were better than they had and a few “stocking fillers”

We don’t need wholesale changes, we just need players fit and through a pre season

Add a couple of proven or semi proven players with the right attitude and we will be better

We don’t need 3 right backs
We don’t need players who spend half a season injured every season
We do need some players with English passports (yeah I know we have UK ones but you get what I mean)

Their so a huge pool of young talent on the championship with players for the squad we can truly develop

If we’re replacing a right back please buy a player with pace

We need cover for eriksen and possibly a replacement for him so that’s a big area IMO

We also need kane cover with a genuine striker as son is brilliant but we need to be able to play him and a striker at times if kane is out

Would go along with that, too many changes to our first 11 would cause more problems then its worth. Up and coming talent is always a good thing if the potential for the future is there.

I can see one signing to upgrade right back and the other 2 would depend on Toby and Christian...

CM always gets brought up but I still think when we have at least 3 options fit we’re ok there

Whatever happens with eriksen if we can buy a player who can do his role and a CM job it’s well worth it

I can see one signing to upgrade right back and the other 2 would depend on Toby and Christian...

CM always gets bought up but I still think when we have at least 3 options fit we’re ok there

Whatever happens with eriksen if we can buy a player who can do his role and a CM job it’s well worth it

RB is ( imo) our biggest priority, another CM player would be the second one especially if we lose Eriksen. Then maybe another option up front but i have been impressed by Moura over the last few games and he looks more at home now in his confidence.

RB is ( imo) our biggest priority, another CM player would be the second one especially if we lose Eriksen. Then maybe another option up front but i have been impressed by Moura over the last few games and he looks more at home now in his confidence.

We need an alternative to lamppost
Ideally someone that can move and still hold the ball up (neither things he excels at)

Always think our budget is more limited by the salaries players may want as that is a longer term cost

Go in for someone like Haivertz and £60k a week is probably a big pay rise.. with an option to up his money quickly like we have done. Suddenly the £50m fee isn’t that crazy

I think you're right.

Madison was possible and would have fit that model, but the rumor is Poch didn't think he was right. It's a play off, we need expereinced game ready players, but they want higher wages. Haivertz and Madison type players might need time to settle and develop. Even Alli is like that now. He's only 23. BUt either way we need to re-stock. One expereinced higher wages player and some young technically giffted less expensive players could be a good mix. Would love Havertz. He might want to develop were he is tho.

I think you're right.

Madison was possible and would have fit that model, but the rumor is Poch didn't think he was right. It's a play off, we need expereinced game ready players, but they want higher wages. Haivertz and Madison type players might need time to settle and develop. Even Alli is like that now. He's only 23. BUt either way we need to re-stock. One expereinced higher wages player and some young technically giffted less expensive players could be a good mix. Would love Havertz. He might want to develop were he is tho.

He will go to Bayern I believe and be a real star
Also wouldn’t be surprised to Madrid in for him as their keen on players that are slightly les known but capable (like the striker from Frankfurt)

The issue with Maddison now and others too ia once they sign for a prem side with money their fees become bonkers and it makes it harder for clubs better be than their at to buy them. They would want £50m for Maddison now and he still hasn’t got an international cap I believe, and only has one top level season. Same with AWB...

It’s not the players fault and their clubs have no reason to do anything different if they want to keep them but I don’t think it will help the game overall

I think Foyth could actually make a go of RB. Would anyone buy Aurier? Same applies for Lamela. Both could be decent, neither have played much in half a year. We'll have a job shifting our deadwood. So many stories in the media about Tripper you have to think are we planting them, try to drum up attention?

If we can find a youngster with promise to play that position so be it, but i do not think buying a player for the amount that a good one will cost is a priority.

I believe it’s a priority as when you see the games he has had to play and the way we have had to change our game it doesn’t always help (and lamppost has scored important goals)

I think Foyth could actually make a go of RB. Would anyone buy Aurier? Same applies for Lamela. Both could be decent, neither have played much in half a year. We'll have a job shifting our deadwood. So many stories in the media about Tripper you have to think are we planting them, try to drum up attention?

Foyth may be the answer to our RB but not a certain, i would rather we brought in one who is used to that position. As for Aurier i am not against him getting another run in the side but its difficult to say if he will be given the chance.

Trippier had a very good W/C but i do think we have seen the best of him ( he will 29 in a few months).

Back