• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Because Poch clearly wanted players and wasn’t given enough to buy them for whatever reason. Poch is our long term manager, I hope, so he should be trusted with the playing side of things. Poch didn’t go telling Levy how to build a stadium or run the club.

Is that levy’s fault or Mopo for only have a handful of targets?

We can’t assign blame and speculate all you want about the lack of transfers. But someone has to answer for it. It’s like walking in to a big room full of ugly birds, average looking birds who wouldn’t be your first choice but sill would, birds who are a little out of your league but still go for nice guys with a good personality and absolute stunners and saying no thanks mate I don’t rate any of them.

Don’t think levy can be blamed alone for the lack of signings. I would however question the transfer policy that couldn’t identify one player that could have improved us. It’s nonsense to suggest there isn’t anyone out there who could improve us, were not Barcelona. And yes i accept that not all signings work out and they are always a risk. But I don’t get why fans have totally bought into the line the club sold us I.e. signings aren’t a guarantee for success.

One thing that is clear to me is the club are too picky when it comes to identifying players.

I’m still not sure about this, I think you have to factor in value and required salary. The players we have all have the ability to be exceptional players in their position, that most of our squad have been playing well below their ceiling clouds things.

Are we really in the market for players with greater potential than what we already have?

Last edited:
It’s a big assumption levy didn’t make funds available

Robbie Keane said Levy chased four players and felt they were too expensive.

He has a history of trying to squeeze every penny out of every deal.

It’s fairly well known he lowballed Villa on Grealish.

Levy has form in this area so it’s more likely in my view, based on what’s known, that Levy kept the purse strings tightened rather than Poch wanted unobtainable targets.

Robbie Keane said Levy chased four players and felt they were too expensive.

He has a history of trying to squeeze every penny out of every deal.

It’s fairly well known he lowballed Villa on Grealish.

Levy has form in this area so it’s more likely in my view, based on what’s known, that Levy kept the purse strings tightened rather than Poch wanted unobtainable targets.

Why only four?

If the manager isn’t more open minded why are we shocked we signed no one ?

I agree on JG, that’s why I think it’s a joint cluster fudge.

Why only four?

If the manager isn’t more open minded why are we shocked we signed no one ?

I agree on JG, that’s why I think it’s a joint cluster fudge.

I’m sure they enquired about more than four.

I think it’s a massive clusterfudge and I’m not intending to solely blame Levy but I think he takes most of the responsibility. He’s done great for this club, the new stadium is such a legacy to leave the club and the area. But he gambled this season that Poch could reproduce the magic of the last few years and that gamble is now down to the last game.

I’m sure they enquired about more than four.

I think it’s a massive clusterfudge and I’m not intending to solely blame Levy but I think he takes most of the responsibility. He’s done great for this club, the new stadium is such a legacy to leave the club and the area. But he gambled this season that Poch could reproduce the magic of the last few years and that gamble is now down to the last game.

I don’t think he considered it a gamble at the time, I think most people are amazed at how poor our performances have been this season.

We can’t assign blame and speculate all you want about the lack of transfers. But someone has to answer for it. It’s like walking in to a big room full of ugly birds, average looking birds who wouldn’t be your first choice but sill would, birds who are a little out of your league but still go for nice guys with a good personality and absolute stunners and saying no thanks mate I don’t rate any of them.

In that instance, go for the guy with the tightest arse. Fcuk him, then flip him over and have a chat about football.

I don’t think he considered it a gamble at the time, I think most people are amazed at how poor our performances have been this season.

It was a massive gamble. Liverpool had strengthened. Most people were banking on Man U and Mourinho finishing top 4. Chelsea had splurged and brought in a well regarded manager while Arsenal were an unknown quantity.

We overachieved for a lot of the season to a degree that no-one expected.

It was a massive gamble. Liverpool had strengthened. Most people were banking on Man U and Mourinho finishing top 4. Chelsea had splurged and bought in a well regarded manager while Arsenal were an unknown quantity.

We overachieved for a lot of the season to a degree that no-one expected.

We have overachieved compared to our performances, not to our potential, our superstars have phoned it in this season.

You are supposed to strengthen a squad on the training pitch too.

We were a superior team to Liverpool last season and now there is a chasm between them and us. Well it should not be a surprise, you get what you pay for. If only Poch had been backed

I'm a massive fan of Levy, but I hope he's sweating this evening. We gambled by not investing in the squad and could pay a big price for that. Whether that non-investment was because of the stadium or prudence we dont know - but hopefully DL will see the risk in it now

We have overachieved compared to our performances, not to our potential, our superstars have phoned it in this season.

You are supposed to strengthen a squad on the training pitch too.
Agreed , Eriksen and Dele have been really poor at times . Not pushed for their place will lead to complacency .

The reason I don’t run the club and Levy does is because he’s much more clever than me and he’s tougher. Still doesn’t make him right all the time.

I really don’t believe that signing two £50-£70m players would have put is in financial peril and I’m yet to hear anyone explain in factual terms why it would have. Yes we’ve a stadium to pay off but we don’t pay that off in one go and we’ve got guaranteed revenue going to come in from it.

If we’d have had good players come in, theyd have been trusted more than the likes of KWP and Skipp. They’d have given the squad a boost. They would have meant we didn’t have to rush players back from injury (Winks and Kane being two examples).
Go up to the Lane, the training centre, take a look around. He's getting a whole load more right than he gets wrong.

'YOu really don't believe' ....more like, you really don't know..that's the truth. Furthermore when we didn't buy anyone the stadium was not finished, not open and no gauranteed revenue streams were yet on line.
Still a time (financially) of uncertainty. If you phoned the man himself and he said spending £60/70 net on transfers was too risky at that point in time, would you accept that or would you behave like my daughter in the sweet shop on a Saturday morning?

Winks and Kane were not rushed back from injury.

Back