• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dane Scarlett

I really hope that Scarlett is making the most of this pre season, if he can make an impression on Nuno you'd imagine there could be a fair bit of football for him with our involvement in the conference league.

It could depend on what kind of attacking incomings / outgoings we have in the market but Jose stated he'd be permanently with the first team this season, ideally nothing has changed with that plan. The stats look promising from his youth team appearances and you don't get those numbers without having a natural finishing ability, there's always the worry of getting carried away on the hype train and admittedly I haven't seen much of him at all bar his first team appearances. IIRC he managed to lay one on for Vinicius which is a great indicator that he wasn't overwhelmed by the occasion.

One to watch for pre season friendlies, especially as there's no benefit to rushing Kane back without a well deserved rest.

Should definitely stay with us this season, possibly a league 1 loan after January, maybe Sunderland. My best mate is a Sunderland fan so I think it would be funny.

Parrott is the one who needs a championship loan next season and to start pre season with his new teammates.

Should definitely stay with us this season, possibly a league 1 loan after January, maybe Sunderland. My best mate is a Sunderland fan so I think it would be funny.

Parrott is the one who needs a championship loan next season and to start pre season with his new teammates.

With paratici we might look at loans abroad.

Anyone see the random question video between Whiteman, Scarlett and Skipp. 1 of the questions were if you could go back in time what time would you go to? Scarlett replied with his debut in the europa league and the chance where he took a great first touch but messed up the second touch. He said he thought about that thousands of times.

Also when asked what advice you would give a child trying to become a footballer he said give 100% in training every day and recovery is important so don’t be going out etc.

Seems like he has got a very good head on his shoulders.

Impressed with this kid yesterday. Does he need a loan? Do we keep him around the first team? He is very impressive.

Impressed with this kid yesterday. Does he need a loan? Do we keep him around the first team? He is very impressive.

If he's good enough then he's good enough. Maybe not to be a starter but to bed him into the team would be great especially if Harry Kane is to leave.

This year keep him about and give him minutes here and there. Play in the Europe thingy. Play U23s football as he is still so young. Train with first team and then go out on loan next season.

He does indeed look very good. He’s a prospect for few seasons down the line.

Dane could start in the two CL qualifying matches as well as all the group stage matches and the league cup matches, that would be good experience.

Come January we can then reevaluate the situation.

Personally, I am not keen on loaning out a player who has only just turned 17. I would rather he stay with us, continue to train with the first team and play in the CL and the league cup

Not sure I agree Naija, I think the stay and train with first team was the worse part of Poch's tenure for youth players.

Kane pre Poch, Skipp & Sessegnon (even CCV) are all recent examples of the right loans being best for player development.,

I've highlighted it before, but Skipp last season played more games (at 19/20) in one season than Winks has ever played in his career. I also believe when these youth/academy players play for us they get to hide (always more senior players in side who carry the team responsibility), again if you use the Skipp example in the Championship, he's a kid, but he's the one from the big club, he's the one with expectation to impact the team.

Not sure I agree Naija, I think the stay and train with first team was the worse part of Poch's tenure for youth players.

Kane pre Poch, Skipp & Sessegnon (even CCV) are all recent examples of the right loans being best for player development.,

I've highlighted it before, but Skipp last season played more games (at 19/20) in one season than Winks has ever played in his career. I also believe when these youth/academy players play for us they get to hide (always more senior players in side who carry the team responsibility), again if you use the Skipp example in the Championship, he's a kid, but he's the one from the big club, he's the one with expectation to impact the team.

I have no problem with players going out on loan, and I agree that was one of Pochettino's flaws, I am just saying that I would rather not send out a player on loan who was just 16 a few months ago.

All of our successful loans such as Kane, Skipp, Walker etc were at least 18.

I have no problem with players going out on loan, and I agree that was one of Pochettino's flaws, I am just saying that I would rather not send out a player on loan who was just 16 a few months ago.

Fair, and not arguing the logic.

I just think we have had so many 16-17 year olds with promise that we kept in house, kept in under 18's/23's that just didn't push on.

Scarlett might benefit from playing competitive early, be great if we could find a loan not too far away, but I think people around him and the club probably just better placed to make that call.

Bellingham and madeuke have done well getting first team football abroad at 17. They didn't stay at their home clubs till 18 to get first team football. That is the worry. That we lose him for nothing.

Back