• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cycling thread

How's he doing with this new team? Do you think there is any chance of a stage win at the Tour this year?

Astana have never really been a sprint team and it was an odd signing. By rights he should not be beating sprinters 10 years his junior. But it is Cav so I would not count against him, positioning and timing count for a lot. He is not now in my top 6 or 7 of current sprinters.

But the Tour is the tour, and it would be great if he could do it. The way covid has gone through the Giro I think it might have a part to play in the Tour.

For Irish fans like my brother in law Ben Healy looks a very very exciting talent.

Also fond of Jai Hindley and loved his spikey aussie attitude where he signed a new contract with his team this week and then basically told them they were idiots.

Astana have never really been a sprint team and it was an odd signing. By rights he should not be beating sprinters 10 years his junior. But it is Cav so I would not count against him, positioning and timing count for a lot. He is not now in my top 6 or 7 of current sprinters.

But the Tour is the tour, and it would be great if he could do it. The way covid has gone through the Giro I think it might have a part to play in the Tour.

For Irish fans like my brother in law Ben Healy looks a very very exciting talent.

Also fond of Jai Hindley and loved his spikey aussie attitude where he signed a new contract with his team this week and then basically told them they were idiots.

He is with Astana? fudging dodgy mofos.

So... an old guy, about to retire, outsprints everyone by 10 lengths.
Yep, nothing to see here, that is definitely legit, nothing dodgy going on over here at all.

So... an old guy, about to retire, outsprints everyone by 10 lengths.
Yep, nothing to see here, that is definitely legit, nothing dodgy going on over here at all.

Shown your lack of knowledge on cycling there.

The positioning and then the lead put are what won it. Sprinting in a drag sprint he would not win like that. But all he has to do is wait for the right opportunity.

Vaccine doesn’t stop you getting it and passing it on, just lessens the effect (hopefully).

Oh. Wait. I see what they did there.

Very drole.

Getting the official tour de france magazine and following the route each day is always one of the highlights of the summer for me.

Did you watch the thing on Netflix?

Love cycling
No I didn't? What's it called?

Same for me...there's something about it that'll keeps me hooked.

Couple of lumpy days straight out the gate Saturday and Sunday.

Back