• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CV advice

monkeybarry

Ian Walker
i know this is all very subjective, but just wanted to canvas opinion

I my 5 year history i have a solid string running throguh it, expcept for 9months in the middle (temp job) that is totally out of place

Better to leave this in there?
Leave it in but truncate the detail so the dates flow but Cv isnt filled with irrelevant detail
or
Leave it off totally only on the basis of only including "relevant work experience"
??

(I cant change the length of the job either side as i will be getting ref's from both places)

Safer not to leave an unexplained gap, I reckon. Some recruiters will be questioning about what you were doing in those 9 months.

That said, you're probably getting to the stage where you don't need months; years will probably do.

Do we have to have ANOTHER CV thread

Jesus wept

DHSF has already started 9 of these

Just tell the c*nts you were doing charity work with Kony

Do we have to have ANOTHER CV thread

Jesus wept

DHSF has already started 9 of these

Just tell the c*nts you were doing charity work with Kony

I have never started a cv thread. Women thread yes, sex thread yes, cv thread? no fudgein way.

List your work experience by year only, not month. That way it'll look like a seamless transition.

I know people in recruitment

Unless there is a specific reason why you don't want to talk about that job, then leave it in but with less detail.

Taking out the months on a 5 year career will probably lead to an interviewer asking you about how long you were in each job. If the missing job comes up in that context then it might look like you need to hide it and put some doubts in their mind.

It happened. Reference it. Make sure you expain how it happened, why you moved on from it, what you gained from it. IIt may have been skills or it may have simply been an understanding of what you wanted to do, what you didn't but it is still part of your progression even if you were doing data entry and hated it. Just 'spin' it positively.

Unless there is a specific reason why you don't want to talk about that job, then leave it in but with less detail.

Taking out the months on a 5 year career will probably lead to an interviewer asking you about how long you were in each job. If the missing job comes up in that context then it might look like you need to hide it and put some doubts in their mind.

This.
My missus is in recruitment and would also pick up on any gaps.

Back