• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cryptocurrency

Yeah he is. Was wondering if he’d create his own. I’ve heard they’ve only stopped using Bitcoin because people purchase Tesla’s a year or two in advance and couldn’t do that with Bitcoin?

He’s right but I don’t believe he’s doing it for altruistic reasons.
I imagine the scope for currency mischief is huge if the currency for buying Teslas is his own controlled currency, Teslacoin or whatever.

Yeah he is. Was wondering if he’d create his own. I’ve heard they’ve only stopped using Bitcoin because people purchase Tesla’s a year or two in advance and couldn’t do that with Bitcoin?

He’s right but I don’t believe he’s doing it for altruistic reasons.

Has anyone ever done anything ever for altruistic reasons?

People harping on about the environment but when you push them they are worried about their grandchildren so carrying on their lineage, so not altruistic really.

Well I guess the issue was Tesla is a 'green enterprise', purporting to help to reduce carbon and climate change. If they are using a currency that creates carbon then you can see the contradiction. Would Musk be so influential if he was called Barry? I wonder how much his name itself has added to his predominance.

Has anyone ever done anything ever for altruistic reasons?

People harping on about the environment but when you push them they are worried about their grandchildren so carrying on their lineage, so not altruistic really.

I have the privilege of being around many individuals that live their lives based on purely altruistic principles. I wish I could be one of them, I generally try to cause the least harm possible in most areas of my life. But I'd also like to make a brick-ton of money from crypto, so ....

Reactions: DTA
Well I guess the issue was Tesla is a 'green enterprise', purporting to help to reduce carbon and climate change. If they are using a currency that creates carbon then you can see the contradiction. Would Musk be so influential if he was called Barry? I wonder how much his name itself has added to his predominance.

Barry Jones doesn't quite have the same ring to it

I have the privilege of being around many individuals that live their lives based on purely altruistic principles. I wish I could be one of them, I generally try to cause the least harm possible in most areas of my life. But I'd also like to make a brick-ton of money from crypto, so ....

Does that include free love!?

It is virtually impossible to be completely righteous - who likes those preachy perfect people anyway?

Does that include free love!?

It is virtually impossible to be completely righteous - who likes those preachy perfect people anyway?

I don't know how far their altruism extends personally ;)

It is impossible to be completely ethical. And anyone who says they are is lying.

It is impossible to be completely ethical. And anyone who says they are is lying.
A bit like the people at work who say they are hard working. If someone tells me they are a hard worker they can fcuk off.
Someone says they area plodder that gets stuff done i know they are alright.

Danish is apparently extremely "altruistic" when it comes to amorous sharing. Give give give.

There is no purity test that even the most committed environmentalist will pass. Everyone has a carbon footprint to some degree. But these attacks really are a distraction, an effort to push blame on individuals rather than focus on the systemic problems that exist. Climate doomism is just the latest tactic of a dying fossil fuel industry the goal of which is to make you believe that there is nothing you can do, so why bother. If one little girl can trigger a global youth environmental movement and generate the unstoppable political headwind that currently exists in the climate space then that shows how stupid a notion climate doomism is. My opinion is that if your motivations are to make money off green tech, or if you want to 'selfishly' save yourself and your family, or if you do actually care about your fellow human beings (shock!), then who cares if we are all rowing in the same direction.

There is no purity test that even the most committed environmentalist will pass. Everyone has a carbon footprint to some degree. But these attacks really are a distraction, an effort to push blame on individuals rather than focus on the systemic problems that exist. Climate doomism is just the latest tactic of a dying fossil fuel industry the goal of which is to make you believe that there is nothing you can do, so why bother. If one little girl can trigger a global youth environmental movement and generate the unstoppable political headwind that currently exists in the climate space then that shows how stupid a notion climate doomism is. My opinion is that if your motivations are to make money off green tech, or if you want to 'selfishly' save yourself and your family, or if you do actually care about your fellow human beings (shock!), then who cares if we are all rowing in the same direction.

I agree, I just meant that it's impossible to be fully ethical because of our modern needs as a species. But obviously we should all strive to be! One of the first questions I get asked when someone finds out I'm a vegan is ' but do you own an iphone?' As if that negates any other lifestyle or ethical choices I make.

I am trying to make money off of green businesses, I care very little about any other humans outside of my wife and son and not always them. Dont wish harm to anyone and when I have travelled it has brought home to me how we are all similar. But also how it is people in people in positions of power that cause people problems.

One little school girl did not really change thongs did she, clearly very pushy parents the help of an accomplished pr company and a global media with too many pages to fill and nothing to fill it with.

Back to crypto and I am earning more interest with tether then I ever did and bank account. Will probably use it for some far flung holidays when this is over hahaha

Back