• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cristian Romero

Tanganga is a back up player that i imagine Conte would be happy to have out on loan next season and will almost certainly see at least another player in front of him in the pecking order at the very least should he still be here next season. Dier, Davies and Sanchez have all been pretty solid under Conte and i think you're being overly critical of them - that said i expect to see a CB signed in the summer that will be expected to slot in to the first team, along with a CM & RWB
None of those 3 should be a starter în normal conditions. Would take any of the other top 6 teams CBs over any of these. To have all these 3 start has been painful to watch for me, not to mention Tanganga. They made plenty of mistakes and are shaky, you just have to watch carefully. Most of those mistakes are covered by our numbers and dont cost us on the scoreboard, so you tend to forget, but they hurt us on the overall game. WBs are more afraid to go forward, CMs feel the need to cover more defensively etc.

None of those 3 should be a starter în normal conditions. Would take any of the other top 6 teams CBs over any of these. To have all these 3 start has been painful to watch for me, not to mention Tanganga. They made plenty of mistakes and are shaky, you just have to watch carefully. Most of those mistakes are covered by our numbers and dont cost us on the scoreboard, so you tend to forget, but they hurt us on the overall game. WBs are more afraid to go forward, CMs feel the need to cover more defensively etc.
I’d take ours CBs over West Ham’s for a start

I'd add a backup gk, preferably young english. And if we could find an upgrade on moura who can also play as a number 9 would be fantastic. Not knocking moura but would like more goals. Basically a right sided son.
Agree on the young english GK, would help us with the HG criteria. Bringing în Kulu closed the door a bit on that goalscorer RW/AMCR/CF, as Moura will probably stay too. Would love a Griezmann type of player, next to Son and Kane, but I doubt it will happen.

Was talking about the other "top 6", Arsenal, United and the other 3. But since you mentioned it, I would take Zouma over any of our mentioned CBs. Maybe Dier comes close.
They play 3 at the back so you would take 1
I’d take 1 from United…. Not sure which one
Arsenal… not sure TBH. They have highs and lows and I’d need longer to judge

They play 3 at the back so you would take 1
I’d take 1 from United…. Not sure which one
Arsenal… not sure TBH. They have highs and lows and I’d need longer to judge
With Romero out of the question:
United play with 2CBs: Varane and Maguire, I'd take both. Lindelof at Dier value(better than Sanchez and Davies, so would start for us)
Arsenal 2CBs: White and Gabriel. I'd take 1 and the other is at Dier value(so better than Sanchez and Davies therefore would start)
Chelsea: I'd take 3.
Liverpool: 1 and the other is the same as Dier value(better than Sanchez and Davies)
City: I'd take at least 3, if not 4.

United play with 2CBs: Varane and Maguire, I'd take both. Lindelof at Dier value(better than Sanchez and Davies, so would start for us)
Arsenal 2CBs: White and Gabriel. I'd take 1 and the other is at Dier value(so better than Sanchez and Davies therefore would start)
Liverpool: 1 and the other is the same as Dier value(better than Sanchez and Davies)

What about botman, gvardiol and bastoni (allegedly these are on the list of our targets)?

How do they compare?

Yet I believe since conte has joined all of those defences have conceded more goals than us (I’d need to double check)
And that’s with us having inferior players according to you
Either conte is a miracle worker or the players can play better under a better manager, with more structure and strategy

Out of interest do you watch those other teams as much and as closely as you watch Spurs?

Yet I believe since conte has joined all of those defences have conceded more goals than us (I’d need to double check)
And that’s with us having inferior players according to you
Either conte is a miracle worker or the players can play better under a better manager, with more structure and strategy
We play with more defenders so the chance of getting scored on is lower. We played against mostly weaker teams. Conte has improved them a bit individually and more the organization of the defense. So not IF but WHEN one of them makes a mistake, the others can cover him easier.

Yet the mistake yesterday was from Romero… he slipped over and they put Maupay in
Davies and Sanchez made none
I think it’s the baggage from previous history being used to judge a player now

Without a doubt there is truth in what you say, once a player has been labeld brick by certain fans there is no way of coming back from that no matter how they improve. Take Dier for one his name was brick to a lot of fans last season and some struggle with the fact he has been a lot better this season thanks to a better manager.

Out of interest do you watch those other teams as much and as closely as you watch Spurs?
Not as much, but enough to form an opinion. Our CBs lack basic ball control skill and coordination. There are plenty of situations where they act unnatural on the ball. Dier looks a bit better but he tries more complex passes sometimes and loses the ball. Elsewhere we rarely score from set pieces, must be one of the weakest în the league. Before someone tells me about Sanchez's goal, he has an average of about 1 goal every 2 season.

Agree on the young english GK, would help us with the HG criteria. Bringing în Kulu closed the door a bit on that goalscorer RW/AMCR/CF, as Moura will probably stay too. Would love a Griezmann type of player, next to Son and Kane, but I doubt it will happen.

Brereton would be in his last year (if blackburn extend, which they will). Can play both wings and cf.

We play with more defenders so the chance of getting scored on is lower. We played against mostly weaker teams. Conte has improved them a bit individually and more the organization of the defense. So not IF but WHEN one of them makes a mistake, the others can cover him easier.
We play the same teams as others I’m afraid
When people say we played weaker teams they really need to look at the other teams fixtures too for comparison
I know people don’t of course
For context
Arsenal in January drew with Burnley
Lost to city
Lost to pool in the cup
Lost to Forrest in the other cup
In December
They lost to Everton and United
Beat Southampton, Norwich, West Ham and Leeds…
So they have beat a top half team

united …
January
Beat West Ham and Brentford
Drew with Villa and lost to wolves
December
They beat Norwich, Burnley, palace and arsenal
Drew with Saudi Sportswashing Machine

so that’s two teams who have played some brick teams and not got the results

Without a doubt there is truth in what you say, once a player has been labeld brick by certain fans there is no way of coming back from that no matter how they improve. Take Dier for one his name was brick to a lot of fans last season and some struggle with the fact he has been a lot better this season thanks to a better manager.
Here is Dier at 07:15

Yeah, it was Davies that fd up with Liverpool. Like I was saying, one of them will make a mistake. You cant start all 3, at least one will screw up because they dont have the skill neccessary not to F UP every other game.
It’s what defenders do
If they didn’t make mistakes teams would never score
Our xG against under Conte was something like 0.7 and for around 2.8
So we’re going to score a lot more than we concede and that’s what wins things

Back