• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Could this team beat Spurs?

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
Defoe
Dempsey Sigurdsson Holtby
Huddlestone Sandro
Fryers Caulker Dawson RB
Gomes

Subs:
GDS
Kevin Prince Boateng
Taarabt
VDV
BAE

Last edited:
Defoe
Huddlestone Sandro
LB Caulker Dawson RB
Gomes

Subs:
GDS
Kevin Prince Boateng
Taarabt
VDV

Left-back you could have BAE.

And it does highlight our churn of players, we continually buy 'top 6' players, give them very little time, and then sack the manager for not finishing in the top 3.

We got so, so lucky under Harry to have VdV, Bale, Modric and King all in the same side. Add to that an on form Ade and Kaboul. Arguably, we should have finished in the top 3 with that team and we blew it.

So now we have Poch -- how about, we let him make something of these players? Coz it's the only way we'll get to where we want to be, having a manager get more form a squad than the sum of it's parts. Fergie at Utd did that in a big way in his last couple of seasons there!

They could, but they could also get utterly embarrased with the lack of pace in CM and at the back. I guess Corluka would be right back.

What I don't get is why some (not necessarily you) care more about our ex-players than our current ones.

In my opinion we have much better players currently - look at that team, how many would get in the current starting XI? Give Poch six months of coaching his squad we will be very dangerous.....

Sandro is a legend in my eyes and I'm truly gutted he's going.
I used to love Huddlestone, such good technique and BROUGHT SOMETHING TO THE TEAM NONE OF OUR OTHER PLAYERS COULD. We sold him when he was coming back from injury, and he made 36 appearances for Stoke in the PL the season after.
Sigurdsson is a great player and he's going to prove that at Swansea in the #10 role. 1 goal and 4 assists so far in 3 games.

I care because some of the players above could make a real difference to our team and others (Gomes) should have been allowed to leave a lot sooner.

That team would struggle to finish in the top half though.

It's amazing how much better players get when they're not in the team or been sold somewhere else.

Defoe
Huddlestone Sandro
Fryers Caulker Dawson RB
Gomes

Subs:
GDS
Kevin Prince Boateng
Taarabt
VDV
BAE

I'd say yes. It'd be won in midfield. Sandro and Hudd both willing to stick a boot in, as opposed to the players we're now left with..

If you had a time machine and could go back to 2010 it would be awesome.

As it is, it's 2014 and no they wouldn't.

It is not fair and reasonable to keep all these players if we don't consider them first team regulars. Let them get on with their careers and if they do come good maybe because it is because they get a proper chance at a smaller club. Some people want to keep these guys just in case or to use them for the cup games and expect them to be happy to be in and out of the team all the time.

All perfectly decent players who could be part of a very good team. But not all together. There are no star players to add the extra needed for a good team. No Modric or RvdV to add that bit of class, no Bale to add that something special, no King next to Dawson to make a balanced defensive pairing.

All perfectly decent players who could be part of a very good team. But not all together. There are no star players to add the extra needed for a good team. No Modric or RvdV to add that bit of class, no Bale to add that something special, no King next to Dawson to make a balanced defensive pairing.

This ..

Back