• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

contador banned for 2 years and stripped of 2010 tour de france

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Meant to be working today but got a text message about this and came home, fudge work this is about the biggest sports news of the year for me.

Apparently they are looking to fine him 2m as well.

I feel so sorry for schleck who should have had the glory of winning the tour at the time and wearing the yellow into paris. I remember having a converstion on here with clarky about how contador did not wait for schleck when his chain slipped and it was the sign of a desperate man, did not realise how desperate.

I think it showed he was clean last year because he did not have the power to go away from anyone. One reason why i think wiggins could be on for it this year if shcleck has not improved his time trailing.

http://www.sportinglife.com/others/...ycling/12/02/06/CYCLING_Contador.html&BID=678

think he should have been banned for life, no reason for him to be allowed back into cycling, only life time bans and long prison sentances is going to stop this sort of thing from happening again.

Serves him right that cheating clam of a fluffy bunnies cuddling (see how that rhymes with his name).

After what evans did last year in a clean ride it really is on for wiggins, it has come back to his level. I think schleck is the man he has to beat if he can do that he can win the tour.

I like Evans. It's a lot more enjoyable watching when you know there's a possibility they're actually clean. None of that super human crap.

Meant to be working today but got a text message about this and came home, fudge work this is about the biggest sports news of the year for me.

Apparently they are looking to fine him 2m as well.

I feel so sorry for schleck who should have had the glory of winning the tour at the time and wearing the yellow into paris. I remember having a converstion on here with clarky about how contador did not wait for schleck when his chain slipped and it was the sign of a desperate man, did not realise how desperate.

I think it showed he was clean last year because he did not have the power to go away from anyone. One reason why i think wiggins could be on for it this year if shcleck has not improved his time trailing.

http://www.sportinglife.com/others/...ycling/12/02/06/CYCLING_Contador.html&BID=678

think he should have been banned for life, no reason for him to be allowed back into cycling, only life time bans and long prison sentances is going to stop this sort of thing from happening again.

It is a shame because the explosive blasts and the dancing on the pedal moments are fantastic to watch, whether it was contador, pantani, etc. The sad thing is all these type of riders appear to have been on the juice. Due to the sheer monumental effort it takes to complete the three week gruel and advanced training techniques, a clean race will contain a lot of riders who are physically very closely matched, so riding away from others is very tough and anything explosive is nigh on impossible as everyone is on the limit. Less spectacular but clean. i still love it.

I think it showed he was clean last year because he did not have the power to go away from anyone.

All the others missed out the Giro unlike him.

What do you think of David Millar?

After what evans did last year in a clean ride it really is on for wiggins, it has come back to his level.

Do you honestly believe that Wiggins, a track cyclist, has suddenly learned at age 30 how to climb the biggest mountains and he's crystal clean?

I'm not defending Contador, it's hard to believe his tale about the contaminated meat, but his samples showed the presence of Clenbuterol at 50 picograms (a millionth of a millionth of a gram) per millilitre. (In addition, "tests on July 19th and 20th showed no traces of the drug. After finding 50pg/ml on the 21st, Contador’s sample from the next day showed 20pg/ml and then only traces on the following two days.")
It means, he didn't brake the rules with this amount but he received the most severe punishment.

Last edited:
The Tour de France has become a joke

Let's hope the Olympic events stay clean, otherwise the whole sport will become a laughing stock

I genuinely struggle to name a competitive sport nowadays where 'suplements' aren't forming a major part of the outcome

Sadly that often includes football, I'm afraid

All the others missed out the Giro unlike him.

What do you think of David Millar?

Do you honestly believe that Wiggins, a track cyclist, has suddenly learned at age 30 how to climb the biggest mountains and he's crystal clean?

I'm not defending Contador, it's hard to believe his tale about the contaminated meat, but his samples showed the presence of Clenbuterol at 50 picograms (a millionth of a millionth of a gram) per millilitre. (In addition, "tests on July 19th and 20th showed no traces of the drug. After finding 50pg/ml on the 21st, Contador’s sample from the next day showed 20pg/ml and then only traces on the following two days.")
It means, he didn't brake the rules with this amount but he received the most severe punishment.

Hey great to have a discussion on here about cycling thanks for the replies.

Your right he did over do it by doing the giro and the were rumours he was unwell. They say if you do to much at the start of the season then it will catch up with you.

As for millar i was he biggest fan but he became another campbell his name was not allowed to be mentioned in our house for years, i have sort of forgiven him, though unlike cavendish i agree with the british olympic lot when they say he cant race for britain. By my rules he should still be banned from cycling, but i respect how he came clean and he has his own team now which is one of the best for anti doping measures. His was an amazing book and anyone interested in cycling should read it.

Wiggins i think has just changed his riding style, it is not that he can climb mountains but more that he can endure them, evans was a mountain biker before he took up tour racing. I belive that wiggins has a chance in a "flat" tour de france. He has also lost a lot of weight and used his time trial technique to pace himself up the mounatins. Cancellara(spelling) was another i thought could have gone that way as is my favourite rider after cav, tony martin. Though from what i have read he wants to focus only on time trials.

It is a shame because the explosive blasts and the dancing on the pedal moments are fantastic to watch, whether it was contador, pantani, etc. The sad thing is all these type of riders appear to have been on the juice. Due to the sheer monumental effort it takes to complete the three week gruel and advanced training techniques, a clean race will contain a lot of riders who are physically very closely matched, so riding away from others is very tough and anything explosive is nigh on impossible as everyone is on the limit. Less spectacular but clean. i still love it.

Im on the daily peloton forum quite regular about as often as here. I split my time between 3 forums, cycling, footbal and kitesurfing. Anyway the are a few over there who seem to think and it goes with what i have read in cycling mags that the are a group of south americans who can climb explosively. Whether they are clean or not remains to be seen.

I like Evans. It's a lot more enjoyable watching when you know there's a possibility they're actually clean. None of that super human crap.

Yep i got the impression it was clean, what annoyed me was how people said why schleck never attacked, like he froze, but it was obvious he had nothing left to give. The times they rode in and the way they rode looked clean to anyone who knows their cycling.

This is what a real cyclist looks like:

Checkbox ON

indurain_m5.jpg

Checkbox OFF

indurain_m5.jpg

The Tour is impossible without serious drug abuse.

It demands super human endurance.

It is harder than ever to cheat though....the technology is very good and the WADA are hot on the heels of cheating scum like Contador.

I'm sure the Spanish press won't have it mind....a big French conspiracy no doubt!!

Whenever Italians or Spaniards are caught cheating they seem to think their only crime is being caught.

Back