• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Comolli sacked from the bindippers?

Liverpool sack Director of Football Damien Comolli as owners react to failed transfer policy and desperate run of results

Liverpool have sacked Director of Football Damien Comolli after the club's owners, Fenway Sports Group, reviewed the club's failure in the transfer market that saw high-profile and expensive acquisitions such as Andy Carroll contribute to a chastening season in the Premier League.

By Telegraph staff

10:37AM BST 12 Apr 2012

Comolli was appointed to the position of Director of Football Strategy at Anfield in Nov 2010, and given a remit to oversee the recruitment of players to the club.

His first major impact was to play a role in the January signings of Luis Suarez and Carroll, for a British transfer record fee of ?ú35 million.

He became Director of Football in March 2011, effectively taking on many aspects of a chief executive's role, though focused solely on the business of the football side of the club.

He was pivotal in the signings of Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Jose Enrique, Sebastian Coates and Craig Bellamy - although, in all instances, manager Kenny Dalglish had the final say in the deals.

The mixed success of those players, most notably Carroll but also Henderson, Adam and to a lesser extend Downing, appears to have cost him his job.

It is an extraordinary turn of events that sees a high-profile member of the administration relieved of his job days before an FA Cup semi-final, against Everton, rather than at the end of the season.

The owners feel they rushed the appointment of the Frenchman in the aftermath of buying the club, though the timing of his departure will no doubt shock Comolli.

However, an awful run of results, that has left Liverpool closer to the relegation places than the top of the table in terms of points, has seen the American owners act decisively.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...sfer-policy-and-desperate-run-of-results.html

I bet they'd sack just about anyone to hide the fact, that KING KENNY has absolutely no clue of what he's doing.

I think we should have a punt at Carroll - he'd wo well in our team and clearly looks frustrated with zero service from those cloggers

so... er... bearing in mind many of his Spurs signings came good in the end, would anyone have him back?

Surely Dalglish would struggle to convince players to join without Comolli's help (not that I rate him either!). Just think that younger players and players from abroad won't know who he his and many will just see the awkward moaning old git he is from his painful interviews this season! Unless you're jonny foreigner just getting a dream move to to England for the cash I can't see Kenny performing miracles on that squad over the summer?

so... er... bearing in mind many of his Spurs signings came good in the end, would anyone have him back?

canofworms.gif

fudge knows why Liverpool have singled out Comolli as the one to blame. KKK has got nothing out of that team.

I think we should have a punt at Carroll - he'd wo well in our team and clearly looks frustrated with zero service from those cloggers

I am inclined to agree.

With Bale and Lennon under threat with horsewhipping if they leave their wings and crossing duties, he'd do well enough.

Still a c*nt, a cheat and a thug and don't see him as compatible with what we'd like to build.

great timing anyway, a few days before the Fa Cup semi final

the usual class from Liverpool

fudge knows why Liverpool have singled out Comolli as the one to blame. KKK has got nothing out of that team.

How the hell can he bench Kuyt and Maxi regularly for Bellamy, Henderson, Spearing, etc ?

Barking mad. Kuyt is an old school box player misplayed for years in right midfield and Maxi as dynamic a midfielder as you find them in the PL. I honestly think both Ferguson could find space for either for Utd, e.g.

its the DOF position thats gone. Look at the effect getting rid had on spurs, we went flying into the top 5 and now only just fluttering around 4/5 place. Whereas since hes been there theyve gone from 2nd by two points to proper brick.

I would hazard a guess that Comolli was trying to sign a load of promising youngsters this summer and Kenny wants to a) ship out some utter dross and b) get in a crowd pleaser to distract from the downhill slide.

Can we have this moved to the whats up with liverpool with this title shown as an update on that thread.. too many other team threads

Back