• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coffee

Recommendations for a coffee grinder please guys - nothing ott/expensive/fancy

Will be using a Bialetti stove top espresso pot and/or a french press (if that makes a difference)

I'm not familiar with the stove top method, but if you're grinding for a French press you'll want a coarse grind. I have two gaggia grinders (designed with espresso machines in mind, no doubt) and even the coarsest setting on these still produces grinds too fine for a French press. So do bear that in mind.

Recommendations for a coffee grinder please guys - nothing ott/expensive/fancy

Will be using a Bialetti stove top espresso pot and/or a french press (if that makes a difference)

I got one of these a few months ago and am very happy with it.

I drink mainly pour over coffee but have done finer grinds too. From what I read, the lower priced electric mills aren't very good.

Bumping this up as I’ve just been given a bean to cup machine. I’m looking for some fruity tasting coffee and have no idea what beans to get. I like smooth non bitter tasting coffee with a citrus/berry flavour that you seem to get in independent shops. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Making a cup of coffee is like making love to a beautiful woman. It's got to be hot. You've got to take your time. You've got to stir... gently and firmly. You've got to grind your beans until they squeak. And then you put in the milk.
F6B46778-E954-4E2B-9DED-AEC769771945.jpeg

Bumping this up as I’ve just been given a bean to cup machine. I’m looking for some fruity tasting coffee and have no idea what beans to get. I like smooth non bitter tasting coffee with a citrus/berry flavour that you seem to get in independent shops. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Look for African beans, Ethiopian are generally the fruitiest/citrus and are great in summer. South American beans tend to be a bit more chocolate/jammy.

Monmouth Coffee stock a great range and are excellent roasters. I buy from Pharmacie in Brighton who are really good but only stock a few varieties at any one time.

Back