• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cloud storage

Ginolius

Sean Davis
Staff member
Anyone who has filled up their Dropbox might find this useful - 20GB cloud storage free using a referral link (mine is there obviously), plus 5gb extra for anyone you refer.

https://copy.com/home?signup=1&r=dgZBHa

Rather generous offer - presumably because catching up with Dropbox & box is a tough ask. Lovely looking apps for android and ios too.

Any other generous cloud storage options out there? My box account is full of android backups, Dropbox is full of work projects, drive is full of personal documents and pictures, SugarSync is used for saved games and skydrive has got films and tv stashed on it...

Tempted to go down the paid route at some point but none seem good enough value yet.

I have 25GB free with skydrive as that's what they used to offer till they relaunched it so older people got to keep the storage.

Don't agree with the value point, on skydrive you can buy an extra 100Gb for £32 a year which sounds decent enough to me.

I'm waiting until someone offers a music service where I can upload all my music and maintain all my id/meta tags without having them do some stupid match. Google do something similar but they don't let you re-download it again so I'm told.

Doesn't it get confusing having so many drives, I can't be bothered. Easier to have one and on skydrive you can set different permissions etc on an individual folder basis. Why would you need things like films and tv shows stored in the cloud - do you do a lot of travelling or something?

I have 25GB free with skydrive as that's what they used to offer till they relaunched it so older people got to keep the storage.

Don't agree with the value point, on skydrive you can buy an extra 100Gb for £32 a year which sounds decent enough to me.

I'm waiting until someone offers a music service where I can upload all my music and maintain all my id/meta tags without having them do some stupid match. Google do something similar but they don't let you re-download it again so I'm told.

Doesn't it get confusing having so many drives, I can't be bothered. Easier to have one and on skydrive you can set different permissions etc on an individual folder basis. Why would you need things like films and tv shows stored in the cloud - do you do a lot of travelling or something?

It's not too bad, particularly as they all have their strengths - SugarSync is phenomenal for automatic two way syncing of android folders for example which means keeping game saves backed up to the cloud and consistent between my phones /tablet is great. But that only offers 5gb free. Drive supports full resolution photos; skydrive has a good Xbox app; box and Dropbox have the strongest apis for third party apps which means they're great for using with apps like titanium or hydrogen or at work with salesforce.

The problem with that is none of the reasonably priced options (Google and skydrive, basically) have any third party support.

Yeah, lots of commuting means it's useful, I find Netflix and similar to be too unreliable with buffering in patchy network areas whereas downloading what I want when the signal is strong then watching is easy.

I tried out the unlimited cloud storage service 'bitcasa' too but the app sucks and there's no third party support at all.

Yeah Google music let's you upload 20,000 tracks, it's great but I've never tried downloading back to the pc...

Sent from my HTC One using Fapatalk 2

Back