• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cliff Jones induction into the National Football Hall of Fame

His playing days were long before my time sadly, but I've heard and seen plenty of interviews with Cliff Jones and he comes across as a thoroughly nice guy. A well deserved place in the Hall of Fame judging by what I've heard about his contribution for Spurs.

A5695_zps11df7054.jpg

Very well deserved.

Cliff Jones is Tottenham's all-time fourth highest goalscorer (159 goals) and the next man Jermain Defoe has in his sights to overtake....

Tottenham Hotspur All-Time Top Goalscorers Records

Not far off, the lace on the ball used to cut the top of your head if you mistimed a header, I got an infection off the lace once and was in hospital for two days!

Those old leather balls weighed exactly the same as the modern balls.

When dry.

But as soon as they got wet (which was every bloody week!) they absorbed water and ended-up weighing twice as much.

Not far off, the lace on the ball used to cut the top of your head if you mistimed a header, I got an infection off the lace once and was in hospital for two days!

It just goes to show what magicians some of these old boys were.

I think David Beckham invented metatarsals. I can't remember hearing the word before he had that injury. I'm sure there's no such thing but having a broken foot wasn't good enough for him ;)

Those old leather balls weighed exactly the same as the modern balls.

When dry.

But as soon as they got wet (which was every bloody week!) they absorbed water and ended-up weighing twice as much.

It just goes to show what magicians some of these old boys were.

I think David Beckham invented metatarsals. I can't remember hearing the word before he had that injury. I'm sure there's no such thing but having a broken foot wasn't good enough for him ;)

The boots we wore had no trouble shifting the ball, no trouble with metatarsals either, dubbin and wintergreen also massive bloody blisters spring to mind.

Father in law always talks about him and said when I refer to that period he always has his and Whites name out first.

Although he is a life long Orient ST holder, he would always go watch spurs when they weren't playing.

Never saw him as before my time, but I love our history and reading about it/watching any old footage.

Yes well done Cliff. A real nice fella and a true legend. =D>

bvmnpsqceaaafq7qksjy.jpg

Jonesy....was more than world class!...his career was cut short by ham string injuries..this is because his aceleration ,speed, and height he got in jumping!

He scored as many goals as George Best did and Ryan Giggs..............not combined LOL....

Well done Cliff................A REAL LEGEND...................

Back