• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Clement Lenglet

I assume Barca don't ever play him and are desperate to offload him, for good reasons. Whether on field or off field, there must be reasons they don't want him.

Would rather prise a top target from a team's dead fingers than waste time and money on a cast off

He's played 1238 mins this season. Dier played 3498. Romero 2552. Sanchez 2363.

So yes. Looks like he's been back up.

Saying that kulu was a cast off.

I assume Barca don't ever play him and are desperate to offload him, for good reasons. Whether on field or off field, there must be reasons they don't want him.

Would rather prise a top target from a team's dead fingers than waste time and money on a cast off

Haven't seen him play in the last couple of years, thought he was quite good before that when I saw him play.

Barca surely signed him, for a solid fee, for a reason. From what I've read he had a solid start at Barca. We play a different formation and style to what Barca play now. I hope if we sign him now it's because Paratici and Conte think he is a much better fit for us than for Barca.

Both Bentancur and Kulusevski were "cast offs", no? I don't remember those exact words being used on here, but "Juventus rejects" was IIRC.

Finally if we can't sign a top class LCB this summer, and that may prove difficult, we do still need a new LCB. A cheap loan, good enough player they fits the system is a solid option in my mind. Much better than signing a very good, expensive player that isn't a good fit.

I'm still very much open to the idea that he isn't a good fit or that this is just media speculation and we're not even interested btw.

Haven't seen him play in the last couple of years, thought he was quite good before that when I saw him play.

Barca surely signed him, for a solid fee, for a reason. From what I've read he had a solid start at Barca. We play a different formation and style to what Barca play now. I hope if we sign him now it's because Paratici and Conte think he is a much better fit for us than for Barca.

Both Bentancur and Kulusevski were "cast offs", no? I don't remember those exact words being used on here, but "Juventus rejects" was IIRC.

Finally if we can't sign a top class LCB this summer, and that may prove difficult, we do still need a new LCB. A cheap loan, good enough player they fits the system is a solid option in my mind. Much better than signing a very good, expensive player that isn't a good fit.

I'm still very much open to the idea that he isn't a good fit or that this is just media speculation and we're not even interested btw.
To me he is filler
But if it means more money can be spent elsewhere then thats fine
gentle Ben was my player of the season last year and I’ve said it before, an upgrade on him would be a hell of a player
What’s key is we have cover as a minimum which we would get with Lenglet

To me he is filler
But if it means more money can be spent elsewhere then thats fine
gentle Ben was my player of the season last year and I’ve said it before, an upgrade on him would be a hell of a player
What’s key is we have cover as a minimum which we would get with Lenglet

Agreed. If we do go for him I would hope there will be one more CB in the door.

This deal to me says that we can't get any of our first choices for the position this summer and are happy enough with Davies as a starter next season so just want to add some depth.

If that's the case then dissapointing we miss out on strengthening the first XI but I'm happy with Davies at LCB so not the end of the world

This deal to me says that we can't get any of our first choices for the position this summer and are happy enough with Davies as a starter next season so just want to add some depth.

If that's the case then dissapointing we miss out on strengthening the first XI but I'm happy with Davies at LCB so not the end of the world

Or rodon is off?

I thought that earlier
Gives Bastoni another year at inter and one less year on his contract

I trust Conte and Paratici.
For now.
Lenglets stats aren't inspiring so can't get excited about him.
We needed better, not back up I'd thought. Curious to see how he does under Conte.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

For now.
We needed better, not back up I'd thought. Curious to see how he does under Conte.

If we upgrade the back up with players conte can trust we improve
It’s why Richarlson is key
He is better than moura and Bergwein
Is Lenglet better than rodon or Sanchez… he was a few years ago but at Barca he hasn’t fitted in at all IMO. Doesn’t mean he can’t do a job here though ;);)

Honestly can any of us say that they have followed this chap closely or close enough to know what to expect?

not condemning the man but a little fall from Grace with the names being touted

For now.

Ive never been overly impressed when I’ve seen him, but it could be part of a bigger picture - him taking Sanchez squad place and us selling him for a decent fee.

Honestly can any of us say that they have followed this chap closely or close enough to know what to expect?

not condemning the man but a little fall from Grace with the names being touted

I remember a few years back he played very well for Sevilla but
a) I didn't watch enough to ascertain how much was his raw talent/ability and how much was a good player being maximised by a complementary set of tactics and teammates
b) I've seen nothing of him at Barcelona and have only heard about injuries and poor form.

Not enough to give me grounds for thinking he's a likely star but shouldn't be enough to write him off either.

Romero can pass better than any CB we have had

I think we do Alderweireld a disservice. For long passes at least. Romero is far better playing like a midfielder with the ball at his feet and not much time. Toby, given a little bit of space, would hit runners in the final third 8 or 9 times out of 10. If teams stood off him, he could run the game. I think Conte wants that kind of defender who can hit runners 9 times out of 10 with a long pass.

Back