• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Classic games - highlights and chat

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Flicking through youtube found this gem, one of my fav games that I have attended

Wimbledon 2 Spurs 6 - Klinsmann 4 goals, Ferdinand 1, Saib 1

Needing to win to confirm non-relegation we went to Selhurst Park having to win and we smashed them Ginola was amazing in this game as was Jurgen

There must have been 15k Spurs in the ground that day if not more, was a brilliant atmosphere and man did I get hammered before and after

6-4.

Crazy match. We had a lot of high scoring matches that season. 4-4 Chelsea game as well, and the one against Villa and Scum. Didn't we have a fourth 4-4 match that season as well?

This one as well. Blackburn away in 97/98 season. Blackburn were top of the league, we were 14th or something. And we won 3-0. Absolutely loved that game. :D

Looking back at it now - damn, it's what, 20 years ago. You can easily see it on the football, so much space, so little pace.

Last edited:
Wimbledon 2 Spurs 6 - Klinsmann 4 goals, Ferdinand 1, Saib 1
Is there a more magnificent sight than Daveed's mane being buffeted by a moderate breeze? I think not. I was on a coach going to Scotland (school trip) when this was taking place, remember the relief as the goals started going in and we were safe. Useful to remember when we're whinging about our current lot.

As an aside, even considering buying Ben fooking Thatcher, let alone actually doing it, was surely the nadir of Spurs recruitment?

Saw an old MotD on bt last night of the 9-0 Bristol Rvrs game, it was great seeing the old WHL, and strange to see the coppers standing round the pitch near the end of the game. Amazing to see so many teenage boys in the crowd, brings home to you how much the profile of fans has changed, I stopped going to matches with my dad in the mid 60's and now realise how lucky I am to go with my son and grandchildren.

6-4.

Crazy match. We had a lot of high scoring matches that season. 4-4 Chelsea game as well, and the one against Villa and Scum. Didn't we have a fourth 4-4 match that season as well?

I was at that game, in the back row of the Park Lane. Due to the upper tier overhanging the lower, I couldn't see the scoreboard and had to bend down to look between the people in front of me to keep track of the score. @Jordinho was next to me and had to go for a bathroom break - missed three goals. Two of them were Reading goals, though.

Reading had another game that season where they scored 4 and still lost, 7-4 to Portsmouth earlier in the season.

And the alarm bells should have been sounding loud and clear for Ramos' reign of Spurs already at this point, couldn't even organize a defence with King at the centre, it seems.

We've had a host of great matches over the past 10 or so years, but it's fun to try to dig out the few gems of the 90's. Here's another one. Not particularly exciting, but for us to score 7 at the time was just outrageous. 7-2 over Soton. :D

Speaking of Southampton...

I was 11 when this was played and I remember going to bed 2-0 down. My brother came and work me up and told me we’d won 6-2 and I couldn’t get back to sleep!!

Good old Rocket Ronnie...

Back