• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

That line up makes me want to cry .. **** we were so close ...

Put Lamela as bench option for Lennon, Soldado for Ade, side would probably walk top 4 ..

I recall we were linked with Eriksen last January before we ended up signing Holtby... I wonder if Christian had joined us instead whether he would've hit the ground running, playing in a side that was battling for 3rd spot at the time, thus helping us gather those extra couple of points which would've made all the difference...

Oh well, fingers crossed that Eriksen continues to improve plus Lamela gets over his injury problems so that WHL is graced with some glorious free-flowing football again next season [-o<

Always makes me upset when I consider that the Tottenham careers of Carrick, Berba and Modric never overlapped.

Always makes me upset when I consider that the Tottenham careers of Carrick, Berba and Modric never overlapped.

Add Bale to the potential mix +some of Ade/VDV/Eriksen and even Soldado and really feel the pain.

The upside of the last 7 years is we have had the pleasure of some truly talented players at Spurs.

A bit like how we could've had Hoddle + Waddle + Gazza + Lineker in the same side back in the 1980s... or Sheringham + Klinsmann + Ginola in the 1990s... :-&

He's top notch. Knows how to have an impact in the game

Looks miserable though. Guess that's the Scandinavian in him!

=D> Can only imagine how glorious it would've been to see Eriksen and Bale in the same Tottenham side...

@WhoScored: Christian Eriksen: Only Luis Suárez (7) has picked up more assists in the PL in 2014 than Eriksen (6) #THFC

@OptaJoe: 8 - Christian Eriksen now has the same number of Premier League assists this season as Mesut Ozil (eight). Rivals.

‏@HotspurRelated: Christian Eriksen now has 4 goals and 5 assists in his last 5 matches. #THFC

Someone is bound to be in for Eriksen in the summer. Will we be able to keep him, with the ongoing behind the scenes mess our club currently appears to be?

We don't need to sell.

Not needing to sell doesn't necessarily mean not selling, unfortunately.
If a club comes along that Eriksen fancies enough, he'll be off. Unless he is that rare thing among footballers - someone who feels a strong moral or legal duty to stick to his contract terms.

Not needing to sell doesn't necessarily mean not selling, unfortunately.
If a club comes along that Eriksen fancies enough, he'll be off. Unless he is that rare thing among footballers - someone who feels a strong moral or legal duty to stick to his contract terms.

I don't think that's fair... We have lost two main players: Modric and Bale - and that was to the biggest team on earth; who wanted Figo from Barcellona, were told "over our dead bodies" and got him; wanted Zidane from Juventus, were told "over our dead bodies" and got him; get the drift?

When loudmouth Tim spouts crap about Suarez staying, he conveniently leaves this out. Even if he wanted to go, there is no way any Premier league team. would have put any bid for Bale and got him if we didn't want to sell him.

So unless it is Barca or Real, I am totally confident we can resist any inquiry for any of our players next summer - whether it's Eriksen, Lloris, whoever - if we want to say No.

I don't think that's fair... We have lost two main players: Modric and Bale - and that was to the biggest team on earth; who wanted Figo from Barcellona, were told "over our dead bodies" and got him; wanted Zidane from Juventus, were told "over our dead bodies" and got him; get the drift?

When loudmouth Tim spouts crap about Suarez staying, he conveniently leaves this out. Even if he wanted to go, there is no way any Premier league team. would have put any bid for Bale and got him if we didn't want to sell him.

So unless it is Barca or Real, I am totally confident we can resist any inquiry for any of our players next summer - whether it's Eriksen, Lloris, whoever - if we want to say No.

The thing is, if he performs the way he has been lately RM and Barca are going to eventually come after him.

More good moments from Eriksen today. He has settled well. He has every chance of shining next season (especially if we use him properly), and if so, will be bang on course for his transfer to RM in the summer.

More good moments from Eriksen today. He has settled well. He has every chance of shining next season (especially if we use him properly), and if so, will be bang on course for his transfer to RM in the summer.

Suarez this summer, then Eriksen next. And around and around we go.

First of all I don't mean to criticise players that want to go elsewhere, although in some circumstances - where we have given them an opportunity to showcase their talents in the Premiership that they might otherwise not have got, , for example it would be nice to see a bit of loyalty. However, I'm just reflecting the realities of the modern game.

It is not just Real Madrid or Barca that has pull. If Chelsea or Liverpool or Emirates Marketing Project come along and offer more money and CL football to one of our players, and a significant transfer sum, whilst we can insist that player stays if they are in contract, the player may still leave - even if we would prefer to say no.

I really hope Eriksen stays.

Would like to see the right players around him. Reus is the dream but Lallana and remy would be good

Dortmund actually passed on Eriksen and signed Mkhitaryan for more than twice as much instead. Klopp made a bit of a boo boo there, he'd have fitted right in with their style of play. Oh well, their loss, our gain.

FFS this whole nonsense started with the papers taking a comment and spinning it into something it wasn't. The papers speak with a voice that reasons if a player is that good then Spurs aren't entitled to keep them, so please guys don't believe them and carry on like it's gonna happen. He has had one season with us and feasibly I think we will get at least another two from him before he agitates for a move and that will only happen if we stagnate.

Levy sold Bale for £85 million, a massive sum of money. I'm certain the club have seen how rough things have been for us with his departure and I doubt that they would let Eriksen leave after one year even if we were offered that kind of money.

Dortmund actually passed on Eriksen and signed Mkhitaryan for more than twice as much instead. Klopp made a bit of a boo boo there, he'd have fitted right in with their style of play. Oh well, their loss, our gain.

Mkhitaryan is good too to be fair.

Back