• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It's hilarious that people blame this on Eriksen ..

Did anyone think he was going to have a good game today based on his last 9 months of form? Did we have absolutely no one else in the squad? really? I could have sworn we must be down to bare bones (for everyone's info, the only injury in the squad is Hugo, with Lamela precaution)

Not a single fudging person who has watched Spurs play in the last year would have picked him, far less the added joke of him and Dele.

Yet pages of bricking on the player .. fudging amazing how easy it is to distract from the person who actually picked him and kept him on until past the 83rd minute ...
So according to you Dele is brick, Eriksen is brick. Lamela is injured (again). Lo Celso is making his way back from major injury, Ndombele, now a critical player for us has also been injured; Moura was brick against Watford. Winks is not in great form. I know you dislike Poch and I accept he should have subbed Eriksen earlier but what are these great creative options you are talking about? You are clearly a great manager?

It's hilarious that people blame this on Eriksen ..

Did anyone think he was going to have a good game today based on his last 9 months of form? Did we have absolutely no one else in the squad? really? I could have sworn we must be down to bare bones (for everyone's info, the only injury in the squad is Hugo, with Lamela precaution)

Not a single fudging person who has watched Spurs play in the last year would have picked him, far less the added joke of him and Dele.

Yet pages of bricking on the player .. fudging amazing how easy it is to distract from the person who actually picked him and kept him on until past the 83rd minute ...

It’s been pretty well referenced that Poch more than likely shouldn’t have started/persisted with him; he’s been called out several times.
But as a Pro player, there has to be a time when you stop being a clam and start to jump through hoops. Eriksen’s Lack of application and effort appalled me today, more so than ever. But I agree he shouldn't have played and i don’t want him selected again.

So according to you Dele is brick, Eriksen is brick. Lamela is injured (again). Lo Celso is making his way back from major injury, Ndombele, now a critical player for us has also been injured; Moura was brick against Watford. Winks is not in great form. I know you dislike Poch and I accept he should have subbed Eriksen earlier but what are these great creative options you are talking about? You are clearly a great manager?

No .. I actually like Eriksen as a player (the last 20 pages of this thread is everyone else saying he is brick), my point

- Dele is often invisible (his best attribute is ghosting beyond Kane and scoring), his form is so bad recently I could not see him playing against relegation fodder farless against Pool
- Eriksen if also in brick form, why play him? we literally have 20+ players in the squad, no one could do a job, just put in a shift?

Let's say you decide fudge it, he's a pro, we will get something out of them both, you watch the first half and do nothing? your first thought is to take off winks?

I just don't fudging get it, Eriksen and Dele gave us nothing, we were being overrun, players were going to tire under that kind of pressure and make mistakes ...

Anyone .. literally anyone could have put some combination of N'dombele, Lo Celso, Davies, Lucas on by the 65th minute and we would have probably got something out of that game ..

We didn't need a fudging creative option, we were ahead ...

Eriksen did for what 80 mins what lamela did once against Brighton and there's still some on here are as half hearted in their disapproval of him as he is in his play. Unbelievable.

So you change the set up to allow one less creative player.

I thought he had turned the corner against red star when he left out the contract rebels, apparently not.

There really is no excuse to play CE if he wanted to leave him out.

You could even drop Kane back and play Moura up top.

So you change the set up to allow one less creative player.

I thought he had turned the corner against red star when he left out the contract rebels, apparently not.

There really is no excuse to play CE if he wanted to leave him out.

You could even drop Kane back and play Moura up top.

Mate, you are wasting your time

- Apparently Poch has no responsibility when it comes to picking players that it is clearly obvious based on contract, want away, form should be no where near the team
- The players who should be first choice are wasted by playing a full 90 against a team that rolled over in 30 minutes against us 5+ days ago at home (no travel, lots of rest)

There was literally two injuries in the entire fudging squad (one precaution in Lamela and Hugo's injury) but somehow Poch was forced to pick Toby (actually had a decent game), Rose, Eriksen, Dele & Winks

He is hardly putting himself in the shop window with his performances the past year or so

Really doesn't matter, he's a proven WC creative midfielder in prime age with little injury history and going to be fudging cheap.

Spurs fans can delude themselves as much as they want, this guy will have no lack of suitors in Jan or over summer regardless of what happens ..

Mate, you are wasting your time

- Apparently Poch has no responsibility when it comes to picking players that it is clearly obvious based on contract, want away, form should be no where near the team
- The players who should be first choice are wasted by playing a full 90 against a team that rolled over in 30 minutes against us 5+ days ago at home (no travel, lots of rest)

There was literally two injuries in the entire fudging squad (one precaution in Lamela and Hugo's injury) but somehow Poch was forced to pick Toby (actually had a decent game), Rose, Eriksen, Dele

Aye.

I’m pretty certain if he followed through with his comments about not having the squad he wants and dropping Rose/Jan/CE all together he would have a lot more fans on side that this current mess.

He’s never really rotated in the past, so why is it a thing now?

Aye.

I’m pretty certain if he followed through with his comments about not having the squad he wants and dropping Rose/Jan/CE all together he would have a lot more fans on side that this current mess.

He’s never really rotated in the past, so why is it a thing now?

Honestly I think Poch is a very limited manager

- There is a scenario with a team (with limited expectations) full of young, eager players where implementing an amazing level of fitness and a pressing game (when teams struggled with the press) and lucking into one of the best strikers in his generation gets you good results for a couple of years.
- The first year or so we looked knackered at the end of season (something always attributed to Bielsa type teams) and he started rotating (first with FB's) and I think it has gradually got out of control, we rotate for rotating sake now without real match consideration.

There is no fudging way this group of players, 10 PL games into the season could not play 3 to 4 games in a row.

And if rotating is so important to managing the players, why the fudge do we not use subs earlier?

Honestly I think Poch is a very limited manager

- There is a scenario with a team (with limited expectations) full of young, eager players where implementing an amazing level of fitness and a pressing game (when teams struggled with the press) and lucking into one of the best strikers in his generation gets you good results for a couple of years.
- The first year or so we looked knackered at the end of season (something always attributed to Bielsa type teams) and he started rotating (first with FB's) and I think it has gradually got out of control, we rotate for rotating sake now without real match consideration.

There is no fudging way this group of players, 10 PL games into the season could not play 3 to 4 games in a row.

And if rotating is so important to managing the players, why the fudge do we not use subs earlier?
He's a limited manager?!! Jesus wept!! I guarantee if Christian Eriksen will have suitors in Jan, Poch will have more if sacked. He will go to Utd where he will not only bring in his first choice player, he will keep them because they can pay the wages. You can be annoyed at how things have gone but the disrespect and re writing of history is incredible.

It is not like he is the first Spurs manager things have turned against. But he is the one who has been the most successful in the PL era against teams with far greater resources. He's the one who has had us competing with the big boys and raised expectations such that fans expect top 4 every season. He's the one who has dealt with one of the toughest chairman in the game. He's the one who took the games of Christian Eriksen, Harry Kane, Mousa Dembele, Dele Alli et al to a different level. That is what his CV will say.

YES I get we are struggling at the moment but there are some very big gaps in the squad that need plugging namely Mousa Dembele AND Christian Eriksen. We have lost them both over the space of a season. And guess what? No signings at all last season to even start to replace them. Hence some of the mess we are in. We have new players still bedding in who have already been injured. We have a team devoid of confidence and other players behaving like snowflakes.

From Keith Burkinshaw to Poch has been almost 30 years. That's how fudging long it took us to get a manager who got us with in spitting distance of the big prizes. So fudging bin him off if you like, but make no mistake he will be picked up very quickly while we will continue to search for a manager who will come close to achieving what he has at Spurs.

Last edited:
Absolutely disgraceful performance, no issue with him wanting to leave for something new but at least give a brick in your final season like many other players have (Hazard, Ramsey, Bale, Modric etc) and put some effort in. Poch to his credit has been patient but it's clear he's not performing at the level required and should be left out of the matchday squad or on the bench at most if we have injuries.

I would love to have seen N'Dombele start in place of him yesterday, again I felt they were there for the taking if we could assert a bit more control and close down some of the massive gaps on the flanks.

Back