• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

For some reason he hasn't got a lot of love from us fans. Even when assiting and scoring we didn't sing his song in the new stadium - accross the whole stadium like Allis song. He just kind of ticks along below the radar and people don't notice him. His persona isn't about being the man, and many people miss his subtle - but game changing - input.

Would love him to discover a new found romance at Spurs, sign a new deal, and for the fans to get behind him in the way they do with Alli. If he's rotated more, he would look better imo. It looks like he is off, but if Levy and Poch can find a way, we should always retain our best, especially at 27 years old.

For some reason he hasn't got a lot of love from us fans. Even when assiting and scoring we didn't sing his song in the new stadium - accross the whole stadium like Allis song. He just kind of ticks along below the radar and people don't notice him. His persona isn't about being the man, and many people miss his subtle - but game changing - input.

Would love him to discover a new found romance at Spurs, sign a new deal, and for the fans to get behind him in the way they do with Alli. If he's rotated more, he would look better imo. It looks like he is off, but if Levy and Poch can find a way, we should always retain our best, especially at 27 years old.
Think you might just have put your finger on it there. No motivation to hang around because he doesn't get the appreciation from fans relative to the adoration for some of our other big guns.

Think you might just have put your finger on it there. No motivation to hang around because he doesn't get the appreciation from fans relative to the adoration for some of our other big guns.

It's probably just a desire for a change of scene. A footballing career is pretty short and you'd want to play for a few great clubs if you could. And with his ability you could. But yes if he was adored here like Alli or Kane are, then no doubt it would make it harder for him to leave.

He has a decent song. Never figured out why we don't sing it more.

Last edited:
The Flat Track Bully thing. Would love to see his stats against the rest of the top 6 and v the rest of the premier league. for me he does go missing in the really big games. I would day he has a few against United but they are currently the lower end of the top 6. I remember the goal up at the Etihad v City, Oh and the long ranger dipper v Chelski away. So Im starting to think that tag is not fair myself.

FWIW... seems to prefer playing against Chavs and Mancs than Goons and Dippers...

9D917F26-5A35-4E1B-9635-FC0A32062E23.jpeg

THIS. If only the fans had sung his song more he’d have signed a new contract and perhaps even taken a wage cut. It’s all the fault of the fans and NOTHING to do it’s trophies OR cash. Shame on those of you who got the ground and don’t sing for him. This is on you all.

Eriksen is easily one of the fan favourites. In fact, it’s probably only Kane and Son who are loved more.

I wanted him to sign a new contact until he came out publicly and stated he wanted to try something new. I don’t blame him for it and I wish him no ill will but I want all THFC players to be want to play for the club, not as sloppy seconds or as a backup because their dream club doesn’t want them which is essentially what he said but in a nicer, more diplomatic way.

Thats a very good find. I hope he signs a new deal and stays, but dont think he will. Certainly don't want him leaving for free next summer as that's a big pile of cash down the drain, so perfectly fine if we sell him, even for £70m - £80m, and then buy Lo Celso or whoever as a replacement. I think he's worth more than that, however it doesnt seem like there are multiple buyer or that RM are overly desperate for him like they were for Hazard, so might have to accept a lower fee
Mate, if this drags on any longer and he doesn't sign a new contract, I wouldn't say no to £40-45m. A pittance in this day and age for a player of his caliber, but better than nothing. Given that no one seems to be that interested in him, that would be some quite decent business.

Its a hard one for Levy this time as Eriksen will have a club in mind and that club will know the contract and play on that, its a case of less than value now or free next year, if we can secure a replacement I would with a heavy heart say thanks for the memories.

I love the bloke and think his assists will be tough to replace

Although I didn't think it would turn out that way he has always said he wouldn't like to stay in one place too long so we can't begrudge him moving.
It's a pity and annoying if he runs his contract down and leaves for nothing, but what can we do.
He needs to think carefully about his next club, I don't see him being a success at RM or man utd.
He needs to think carefully about his next club, because the clubs he seems to want to join don't seem to want him. Which may make him reconsider leaving Spurs. Ah, wtf do I know...

I wouldn't begrudge Eriksen a move to Barcelona tbf. I would be furious if he went to another EPL club, though.

I don’t care where he goes as long as we maximise the fee.

What will make me furious is the inevitable performance against us where he puts it all together and we get beaten by double figures including 6 direct FK goals from 30+ yards.

Also, he needs to be careful if he goes on a free, a club will take him for a profit, rather than they actually want to build a team around him.
Somehow I doubt that would happen, as a team that would take him for a profit would likely not be the caliber of team he would want to join to begin with. Then again, wtf do I know... :p

I don’t care where he goes as long as we maximise the fee.

What will make me furious is the inevitable performance against us where he puts it all together and we get beaten by double figures including 6 direct FK goals from 30+ yards.

And 10 assists from corners to the back post, after breaking tanguy legs in a thundering tackle.

Back