• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

All this talk of him not being 100% Spurs so we need to get rid is just daft, because It doesn't take into account the type of player Eriksen is.

I'd argue he is the type who will always give 101% whichever club he plays for. For sure he has been more inconsistent than usual this season but I'm guessing that merely reflects inevitable fatigue/being jaded given the sheer number of games he's played over the last two seasons (113 for club and country) combined with the amount of energy he puts into each and every game.

I don't doubt for one moment that if he does sign a new contract with us he will continue to be every bit as committed to the cause and give 101% every time he plays.

If as Nayim says we sell Eriksen and change the way we play then Dele could well step in and replace Eriksen in terms of goals and assists. Dele isnt a playmaker like Eriksen, and I wouldnt go as far as to suggest he is a 'readymade replacement' like that article says - his stints in the deeper role were less than impressive. But played further forward he is proven to have the goals and assists stats to compete with Eriksen and lets not forget he isnt anywhere near his peak yet....

If as Nayim says we sell Eriksen and change the way we play then Dele could well step in and replace Eriksen in terms of goals and assists. Dele isnt a playmaker like Eriksen, and I wouldnt go as far as to suggest he is a 'readymade replacement' like that article says - his stints in the deeper role were less than impressive. But played further forward he is proven to have the goals and assists stats to compete with Eriksen and lets not forget he isnt anywhere near his peak yet....

Depends how you look at it.

"Readymade" as in "plays like Eriksen" - absolutely not.

"Readymade" as in "Will provide attacking impetus, goals, assists, cover ground in midfield" - then yes, absolutely.

Theres a difference between style and function, IMO.

I think Alli could work there even in the current set up, head of a midfield 3/in the space behind Kane. Especially as it would allow for 2 wing forwards as well.

The same shape, but a different dynamic.

Not sure I agree with that.
For Dele to ‘replace’ Eriksen would require Levy to open his wallet and buy a player or two that Poch feels could support the tweak to Dele’s role. IF such players exist (I don’t spend my time on the Google with Danny Rose looking at players), it could open up some fascinating options and tweak our attacking style.

.........................Lloris
Aarons....Alderweireld....Vertonghen....Digne
.................Ndombele....Lo Celso
...........................Alli
......Moura................................Son
...........................Kane

Mobile footballing midfield than can put the foot in. Mobile footballing front line. Alli the real link between the two. Works for me.

...........................Alli
......Moura................................Son

Mobile footballing midfield than can put the foot in. Mobile footballing front line. Alli the real link between the two. Works for me.

Personally I find that a bit too direct. It's the lock picking pass-maker in the final third that is missing

Plus Alli never plays as well in the deeper role. If anything Eriksen going should free him to become the prime #10, as close to Kane as possible.

Personally I find that a bit too direct. It's the lock picking pass-maker in the final third that is missing

Plus Alli never plays as well in the deeper role. If anything Eriksen going should free him to become the prime #10, as close to Kane as possible.

......Moura...........Alli..................Son

There you go

For those that think Eriksen may sign a new deal you have to take into consideration that he is currently on £70K a week, and he could earn £250K a week from any other club he would move to plus a signing on fee. Do you really see Levy matching that kind of sum? If I were Eriksen if I could not get my ideal move this summer I would simply ensure I left on a free next summer. That way I would get a massive salary boost and signing on fee.

Its purely indicative, hardly an inch perfect map.

Its a team where every player can operate in another position, rotation and movement can be off the chart. Its balanced, and while it could be direct it can also play football IMO.

And Alli gets to move to where he is needed and effect play, something he is excellent at.

'INTER TARGET ERIKSEN'

Inter Milan will try to tempt Tottenham's Christian Eriksen to the San Siro, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 27-year-old admitted this week he is considering leaving Spurs this summer in order to "try something new".

There is reported interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona, but apparently Inter hope an offer of £60m could put them at the front of the queue.

I think he would like Italy. Saw Juve mentioned earlier too.

'INTER TARGET ERIKSEN'

Inter Milan will try to tempt Tottenham's Christian Eriksen to the San Siro, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

The 27-year-old admitted this week he is considering leaving Spurs this summer in order to "try something new".

There is reported interest from Real Madrid and Barcelona, but apparently Inter hope an offer of £60m could put them at the front of the queue.

£60m hahahahahahahahahah

We over rely on eriksen so actually losing him and buying in other players isn’t as bad as may seem
People have said he has been poor but his stats still remain incredibly high, but when he doesn’t tick we don’t tick. That’s a dangerous place to be and we need alternatives, especially if he won’t sign a deal.
Players like Ndombele and Lo Celso are different to him but potentially as effective for the team whilst spreading the load
This club arnt buying any new players again...there investing in some new mobile Zimmer frame technology instead!

'INTER TARGET ERIKSEN'

Hardly a step up, but it is a new experience for sure, wouldn’t be grudge him.

For those that think Eriksen may sign a new deal you have to take into consideration that he is currently on £70K a week, and he could earn £250K a week from any other club he would move to plus a signing on fee. Do you really see Levy matching that kind of sum? If I were Eriksen if I could not get my ideal move this summer I would simply ensure I left on a free next summer. That way I would get a massive salary boost and signing on fee.

Surely we'd offer him £200k to match Kane and Lloris

I still can't see an obvious club who wants him, and who could afford the fee and wages

Back