• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

All due respect to Eriksen, I don’t believe he’s quite good enough for Barca or Madrid. He’s not consistent enough. I think we are his level which isn’t a bad thing.

I hope he stays, he deserves to be on more than £75k a week so I hope we give it to him. And also sign someone like Tielemans as we rely too much on Eriksen for creativity.

I agree, and I think we will get a deal done with him. I also like Tielemans and think he can play CM alongside a Dier/Wanyama type. We've been missing a creative CM since Dembele left, and Tielemans fits our profile plus with the added bonus of now having PL experience

There is no doubt his form dropped for a few games, coinciding with our poor run in Feb and early March. But what a player! Eriksen, Alli and Kane are our game changers and the 3 players along with Vertonghen we really must keep.
' Not going to argue he hasn't been below his best in some games but that's a long, long way from Jurgen's ' gone missing for large chunks of the season.' Gone missing implies he was hiding, not bothering to put the effort in etc,which anyone who actually watches will know is a complete travesty. I don't know what his stats are for the games you refer to but I'm willing to bet he still did his share of pressing, covered more mileage, had more shots per game and produced more key passes than every other player bar maybe Harry Kane.

All due respect to Eriksen, I don’t believe he’s quite good enough for Barca or Madrid. He’s not consistent enough. I think we are his level which isn’t a bad thing.

I hope he stays, he deserves to be on more than £75k a week so I hope we give it to him. And also sign someone like Tielemans as we rely too much on Eriksen for creativity.
I couldn't disagree with you more. I think Eriksen is the one player in our team who could go into either of those teams and immediately make them better. He is a phenomenal player. I don't think there is a single other player in the PL who could've' made that first time pass he put into Son in the game at the weekend against Emirates Marketing Project. Also despite being one of the most technically gifted players in the league, he is one of the hardest working. Of all the players in our team he is the one that we would miss the most in terms of our performances if he were no longer at Spurs.

To accuse someone who has more assists this season (17 in all competitions) than his nearest rival Hazard (12) and never stops putting his all into every game that is an utterly contemptible statement.

You must watch a completely different Eriksen to the one I see because I'm struggling to recall even one when he's completely gone missing. For sure he has games when his radar is more off than on off but even then he absolutely NEVER stops challenging for the ball and more to the point he never stops using his intelligence.

Bu don't let reality get in the way of your prejudice will you.

Contemptible? Behave seriously.

I’ve defended him for years on this forum when posters had a pop at him for bottling tackles and basically blamed him when we lost a game due a lack of creativity and I still think we are over reliant on him to create chances. Shows how important he is.

He’s arguably been our 2nd best player after Kane during the Poch years. That said, I stand by what I said before, he’s not had a great season even if the stats indicate otherwise, his overall play has been not to his standard this season.

No one really knows what his future holds but personally I think his silence regarding his contract is deafening. Could just be part of the negotiation to make levy think he really wants to leave but to me it appeared up until recently that his heart was elsewhere, either Barca or Madrid.

That said, I hope he stays but we rely on him too much and we need a like for like or at least a similar type of creative player.

I couldn't disagree with you more. I think Eriksen is the one player in our team who could go into either of those teams and immediately make them better. He is a phenomenal player. I don't think there is a single other player in the PL who could've' made that first time pass he put into Son in the game at the weekend against Emirates Marketing Project. Also despite being one of the most technically gifted players in the league, he is one of the hardest working. Of all the players in our team he is the one that we would miss the most in terms of our performances if he were no longer at Spurs.

I’m not arguing how vital he is too us. If he plays badly we don’t often play well or win. If he can really hit top form in the next few games it could be the difference between us winning the CL or losing to Ajax. And I’ve constantly defended him over the years as I feel he’s a player that is an easy target as he’s not as physically imposing as someone like Lamela who charges around all over the place and seems to be a big fan favourite on here.

I just don’t think he’s THAT good to play for Barca or Real Madrid. I think he’d rip it up playing for someone like Bayern for example but the standards expected at Real and Barca are different to every other club on the planet who demand it every game.

I’m not arguing how vital he is too us. If he plays badly we don’t often play well or win. If he can really hit top form in the next few games it could be the difference between us winning the CL or losing to Ajax. And I’ve constantly defended him over the years as I feel he’s a player that is an easy target as he’s not as physically imposing as someone like Lamela who charges around all over the place and seems to be a big fan favourite on here.

I just don’t think he’s THAT good to play for Barca or Real Madrid. I think he’d rip it up playing for someone like Bayern for example but the standards expected at Real and Barca are different to every other club on the planet who demand it every game.

Thomas Gravesen says hello

But Kovacic did and he is brick by comparison

Fair enough. Everyone it entitled to their opinions (even Nayim on Sissoko! ;)). I just think he is easily good enough to play for either Barca or Real. He has superb touch, amazing vision, is completely two footed, is a superb passer of the ball, scores more goals from outside the box than pretty much any player in the Premier League and on top of all that he plays the game completely selflessly. IMO he would instantly make both Real Madrid and Barcelona better teams.

I'm not sure about Lamela being a 'fan favourite''?... Especially over Eriksen? There is the odd deluded individual that dislikes Eriksen's tendency to pull out of 50-50 tackles and would prefer him to go sliding in and give away free kicks and pick up yellow cards like Lamela, but I doubt there is genuinely anyone on here that thinks Lamela is anywhere near as good a player as Eriksen, even if Lamela could magically suddenly manage to stay fit for more than 20 games a season.

I think Eriksen is good enough for Madrid or Barca, at his best he'd be the best MF either team have.

I do agree that he's underperformed for us this season though, compared to what he's capable of.

I see a lot of Madrid's games, he'd be one of the first names on team sheet this year, and he'd be better than Coutinho at Barca

Fair enough. Everyone it entitled to their opinions (even Nayim on Sissoko! ;)). I just think he is easily good enough to play for either Barca or Real. He has superb touch, amazing vision, is completely two footed, is a superb passer of the ball, scores more goals from outside the box than pretty much any player in the Premier League and on top of all that he plays the game completely selflessly. IMO he would instantly make both Real Madrid and Barcelona better teams.

I'm not sure about Lamela being a 'fan favourite''?... Especially over Eriksen? There is the odd deluded individual that dislikes Eriksen's tendency to pull out of 50-50 tackles and would prefer him to go sliding in and give away free kicks and pick up yellow cards like Lamela, but I doubt there is genuinely anyone on here that thinks Lamela is anywhere near as good a player as Eriksen, even if Lamela could magically suddenly manage to stay fit for more than 20 games a season.

I agree with all of that except the Madrid bit, I don't think he's a good fit for him or he's they're a good fit for him.
He has the talent, just don't think it would work.

He is quite good, isn't he?

Intelligence is his greatest asset. I think he took note of how Alderweireld's shot off the post beat the keeper cleanly and filed that away for future reference. Put the ball in the same spot - 'keeper's left - for the goal. And so smart in picking the right spots in which to press high up the pitch.

We could nit pick over some very minor issues in his play - free kicks could be better - but he really is the complete AM package. My biggest concern was whether he was easing off to preserve himself through season's end and create maximum leverage for the new contract. Especially during our blip in form in the Burnley-Southampton period. But his play of late has allayed that.

Here's hoping we get him re-signed in short order and give him a long summer holiday to recover from an arduous period of heavy play this past year or so.

He is quite good, isn't he?

Intelligence is his greatest asset. I think he took note of how Alderweireld's shot off the post beat the keeper cleanly and filed that away for future reference. Put the ball in the same spot - 'keeper's left - for the goal. And so smart in picking the right spots in which to press high up the pitch.

We could nit pick over some very minor issues in his play - free kicks could be better - but he really is the complete AM package. My biggest concern was whether he was easing off to preserve himself through season's end and create maximum leverage for the new contract. Especially during our blip in form in the Burnley-Southampton period. But his play of late has allayed that.

Here's hoping we get him re-signed in short order and give him a long summer holiday to recover from an arduous period of heavy play this past year or so.

Eriksen and Son are such high energy players they need rotation (if they admit it or not)

I think we would get more out of both of them if we could rotate and/or get them off 15-20 minutes before the end of some games

Contemptible? Behave seriously.

I’ve defended him for years on this forum when posters had a pop at him for bottling tackles and basically blamed him when we lost a game due a lack of creativity and I still think we are over reliant on him to create chances. Shows how important he is.

He’s arguably been our 2nd best player after Kane during the Poch years. That said, I stand by what I said before, he’s not had a great season even if the stats indicate otherwise, his overall play has been not to his standard this season.

No one really knows what his future holds but personally I think his silence regarding his contract is deafening. Could just be part of the negotiation to make levy think he really wants to leave but to me it appeared up until recently that his heart was elsewhere, either Barca or Madrid.

That said, I hope he stays but we rely on him too much and we need a like for like or at least a similar type of creative player.
You stated 'he’s also gone missing for us for large chunks of this season.'

You, my friend, are the one who needs to behave.

He would be a starter for both Madrid and Barca.

I think the thing which would undo him -especially at Madrid- is the overall dressing room culture. Managers there tend not to be warm. Zidane is a great coach but warmth and man-management is not his strength. The dressing room appears to be a collection of talented individuals who go to work together. Very well most of time it must be said. At ours, the atmosphere is far closer and the manager much more of a man-manager. Case in point is how he continually places his faith in Eriksen regardless of form, so he is trusted obv...

De Gea's form is now affected by speculation, and I think it is no surprise that Eriksen's gradual return to what he does best is coinciding with DeJong to Barca...I think his options are getting clearer. What we need to do is not be spiteful/take advantage of this, we just need to make a proper offer and pay him what he is worth within our realm.

I think the thing which would undo him -especially at Madrid- is the overall dressing room culture. Managers there tend not to be warm. Zidane is a great coach but warmth and man-management is not his strength. The dressing room appears to be a collection of talented individuals who go to work together. Very well most of time it must be said. At ours, the atmosphere is far closer and the manager much more of a man-manager. Case in point is how he continually places his faith in Eriksen regardless of form, so he is trusted obv...

De Gea's form is now affected by speculation, and I think it is no surprise that Eriksen's gradual return to what he does best is coinciding with DeJong to Barca...I think his options are getting clearer. What we need to do is not be spiteful/take advantage of this, we just need to make a proper offer and pay him what he is worth within our realm.

You may be right about the dressing room and what goes on in there, talent wise he is among the best in the game ( imo) and Madrid need to build a new side and for me Eriksen would be part of it.

Needless to say i hope that he does stay because as i have said before ( imo) he is our m ost i mportant player, IF we lose him i think we would struggle to replace what he gives us.

Last edited:
You may be right about the dressing room and what goes on in there, talent wise he is among the best in the game ( imo) and Madrid need to build a new side and for me Eriksen would be part of it.

Needless to say i hope that he does stay because as i have said before ( imo) he is a storm trooper mutiny pal, IF we lose him i think we would struggle to replace what he gives us.

Indeed. Have to say, he wanted Barca or nowt I had heard. If Madrid was even a real consideration, as his agent I'd have to advise him that he would be going to a giant in turbulence versus a club which has everything in place finally. I'd make sure I got my man paid of course, but I'd tell him that having spent years helping build the house, he needs to sign for a couple of years and enjoy it for it a bit...

Back