• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Fatigue may be part of it but I'm thinking his poorish form is probably to do with his contract situation. This needs to be sorted one way the other. Either commit to Spurs or leave.

Given the choice we should really do everything we can to sign him up again as we all know the levels he can play at. This current form is not his normal level.

Now, when we need him. Past and future form is irrelevant.

But that’s an example of knee jerkism in my opinion. He’s just in a bad run of form. He hasn’t declined as a player in my view. It happens to pretty much all players. Remember Shearer for England before Euro 96. Modric when he signed for us. Henry at Woolwich. Gigg.s had several spells at United where people were questioning him. Players cant play their best all the time.

Don’t get me wrong, Eriksen has really annoyed me in some games by being a bit gutless but he’s an exceptional footballer. We have no one else like him and we won’t get anyone nearly as good as him.

Really? Are fans really that shortsighted, you reckon? I think it's likely we'll sell him come summer, but would much prefer us to sign him up on a new long term contract, as I imagine most fans would prefer. :)

I want to sign the Eriksen we all love and know, in a heart beat.
But the one that’s currently around sadly undecided.
I love the guy but he looks shot to brick!
Pochettino will luckily be calling that one.

Really? Are fans really that shortsighted, you reckon? I think it's likely we'll sell him come summer, but would much prefer us to sign him up on a new long term contract, as I imagine most fans would prefer. :)

What I saw on Saturday was a sad imitation of the player few months back.
I keep saying to myself It’s form....he pulled out of a couple of ‘tight’ tackles which saddened me.

But that’s an example of knee jerkism in my opinion. He’s just in a bad run of form. He hasn’t declined as a player in my view. It happens to pretty much all players. Remember Shearer for England before Euro 96. Modric when he signed for us. Henry at Woolwich. Gigg.s had several spells at United where people were questioning him. Players cant play their best all the time.

Don’t get me wrong, Eriksen has really annoyed me in some games by being a bit gutless but he’s an exceptional footballer. We have no one else like him and we won’t get anyone nearly as good as him.

4-5 months can't be classed as knee jerk.
Not when others get pilliored for a poor 15 mins.

Depends on what happens after/the true state of our ability to finance transfers.

If we need to sell a star name to fund a squad overhaul then Eriksen would be top of my list. Liverpool sold Coutinho and used it to their advantage, we could do the same.

Do you trust the recruitment team to replace him to the affect Liverpool have?

If we had the clout to buy our first choice targets, sure

Comes back to the manager only being about to work with a limited amount of players, if we can’t get those players in then what?

Any clubs interested in him would have had a keen interest in his performance during time of adversity.

Unless they have already sorted it and they are aware he’s trying not to get injured.

Comes back to the manager only being about to work with a limited amount of players, if we can’t get those players in then what?

No different from any other manager which is why transfer success rates are generally the same across the board and is why transfer activity is key to managers being a success or a failure in their jobs.

A non issue afaic

Back