• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

It's hard to disagree with that logic and i'm not surprised that players or their agents use that line to try and as much money as they can. I guess it just shows how brilliant a negotiator Levy is that he somehow manages to get top dollar when we sell players AND get away with paying our players less than our competitors do. Even clubs further down the table than us pay some of their players higher wages than we do. I'm not being critical but if I was Eriksen I would absolutely say to Levy "you'd ask for £100m for me in the transfer window? Then I want £200k a week or bloody close to it."

Hopefully Eriksen will stay and he will become our 2nd highest player after Kane.

I guess our counter to that is that while a club like Palace may pay Zaha, or historically Benteke, something akin to what a good striker would get with Spurs, the rest of their players aren't as close to their top players wages wise. So there is more of a gap...with us even our core role players will be on relatively decent money and reasonably close to our best, relative to the mid table clubs that may splash on one big star.

He came off n Denmark's draw last night - anyone know if that was a tactical or injury lead decision?

Got a feeling we're going to need him against the Chavs.

40m hahaha yeah ok.

Add 100 to that maybe. Where do they come up with this cack.

Comparing him with recent transfers I would value him around the 90m mark. But Levy always tries to sell high.

40m I actually laughed out loud.

If he hasn't signed on by the end of the next transfer window I imagine we will be past the point of no return. With Kane and Alli singing new contracts the blow is cushioned for me. Great player but we aren't going to be able to keep everyone at the level we are at. We have to find replacements that work. We still haven't replaced Walker and we suffer for that.

If he hasn't signed on by the end of the next transfer window I imagine we will be past the point of no return. With Kane and Alli singing new contracts the blow is cushioned for me. Great player but we aren't going to be able to keep everyone at the level we are at. We have to find replacements that work. We still haven't replaced Walker and we suffer for that.

I thought Lloris was doing a good job to be fair

If memory serves, while Coutinho got all the press and kudos, statistically there was nothing between them.

Though I certainly agree, Liverpool miss having that player able to perform between midfield and attack. Strategically/tactically, at least. To be fair to them they have continued to get results. Albeit in a somewhat route 1 fashion.

If memory serves, while Coutinho got all the press and kudos, statistically there was nothing between them.

Though I certainly agree, Liverpool miss having that player able to perform between midfield and attack. Strategically/tactically, at least. To be fair to them they have continued to get results. Albeit in a somewhat route 1 fashion.

And Liverpool were better when he left
But I genuinely think this season they miss him as the long ball is more we’ll known and they are left with no one who can create from midfield

Yep, clearly long gone. Massive come and get me plea in the week as well saying that The stadium looks exceptional and how he can’t wait to play there.

Haha a players never said something along those lines.

Has sol signed that new deal he said he would yet?

Actions are stronger than words.

Which is precisely why you need to relax. Remember how he stayed totally schtum for months and months last time round? I fact I think that whole will-he won't he saga lasted more than year.

But, just like you say, he proved that actions speak louder than words when he put pen to paper.

Keep the faith.:cool:

Eriksens stats were better almost every season and they are both the same age.

lol seriously?!?!

So you pull up a comparison from 17 years ago to make your point? What about all the contracts our players have signed in-between?

Surely the statistical odds are in favour of Eriksen signing so you have nothing to get your knickers in a twist about, mate.:cool:

In all seriousness, I reckon he'll sign one more contract with us. I think that there are only a small handful of clubs (at most) that would make him agitate for a move and by all accounts he seems very settled right now where he is.

If or when he does leave I'd bet it'd be for a bit more than £40m as well lol

Back