• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Oh, how very whimsical! ;)

taaadaaa

no but seriously, i like the guy alot , there is quite a bit there that will benefit us if used in the right way

one thing though that i am definately hoping is that he performs to a certain level which to us , starved spurs fans of real technical class, is considered to be world class.

I think his level of technical ability and vision is on that level that he wouldnt look out of place at arsenal

both him and lamela , except i see more of the possibility of something tangible with him that can be considered a difference maker in games

i think he is a guy that could really make a team 'work'

I'm still yet to see why he is deemed so much better than Holtby by some. Maybe we'll get to see why when he returns.

I'm still yet to see why he is deemed so much better than Holtby by some. Maybe we'll get to see why when he returns.
They are so very different though. are they not?. Holtby puts himself about much more. A lightweight (but classier) Johnny Pratt, he's here, he's there he's every-f***ing-where. And whilst he doesn't quite have Eriksen exquisite range of flicks, feints and angles, his eye for a pass is as rare as it is telling. I'm easy with either of them in the hole, they are both capable of bringing something special to the table, but when you also need a bit more grist in the middle, Holtby's your man.

They are so very different though. are they not?. Holtby puts himself about much more. A lightweight (but classier) Johnny Pratt, he's here, he's there he's every-f***ing-where. And whilst he doesn't quite have Eriksen exquisite range of flicks, feints and angles, his eye for a pass is as rare as it is telling. I'm easy with either of them in the hole, they are both capable of bringing something special to the table, but when you also need a bit more grist in the middle, Holtby's your man.

Like i have said over and over, if we play Holtby next to Sandro and Eriksen in the hole, i feel we will relive the breath taking football we played under Redknapp.

Like i have said over and over, if we play Holtby next to Sandro and Eriksen in the hole, i feel we will relive the breath taking football we played under Redknapp.

I second that. Our possible midfield combinations are scary

i think overall holtby is easily ahead of eriksen, but would you classify holtby as a guy that would make someone else in your team 'tick'?

i think eriksen can encourage change in the way we play a game

the only thing that seems concerning is that i think we would then have to build the team around him

This for me. Different types. Holtby is a hard worker with a good eye for a pass, while Eriksen doesn't huff and puff quite as much, but brings much more to the game in terms of passing and technical ability. Eriksen for me is more in the Modric mould, only not at the same level, obviously. From what I've seen of him, I have high hopes for him at Spurs. Remember; even Modric looked out of his depth at times during his first season for us.

He is more like Cazorla IMO the Hotlby or Modric. I always saw him a a Modric type but his game developed into more of an attacking rather than creating role over the last 18 months.

He has all th ability in the world to create and drive either from a number 10 position or coming in from the left. I can't see him holding his own in the centre of midfield in England unfortunately

For me has has to be in the attacking 3 or 4, whereas Holtby should be in the defensive 2 or 3. If anything Holtby is more like Modric IMO

He is more like Cazorla IMO the Hotlby or Modric. I always saw him a a Modric type but his game developed into more of an attacking rather than creating role over the last 18 months.

He has all th ability in the world to create and drive either from a number 10 position or coming in from the left. I can't see him holding his own in the centre of midfield in England unfortunately

For me has has to be in the attacking 3 or 4, whereas Holtby should be in the defensive 2 or 3. If anything Holtby is more like Modric IMO

Couldn't agree more.

Thirded.

Holtby looks better suited to a central midfield role where his boundless energy and one-touch passing can help improve the verticality of our attacks, which can otherwise become somewhat turgid when all our midfielders are either defensive shields or box-to-box runners.

Whilst Eriksen' superior trickery is what we need from an attacking midfielder in and around the penalty area.

Last edited:
Thirded.

Holtby looks better suited to a central midfield role where his boundless energy and one-touch passing can help improve the verticality of our attacks, which can otherwise become somewhat turgid when all our midfielders are either defensive shields or box-to-box runners.

Whilst Eriksen' superior trickery is what we need from an attacking midfielder in and around the penalty area.

:eek:

You've been listening to AVB too much!

:eek:

You've been listening to AVB too much!

Hahaha! I was just re-reading: Andre Villas-Boas's footballing philosophy - Telegraph

...Daniel Sousa: Exactly, but match control has to result in scoring chances. That’s the only way it makes sense. There are teams that have like 60 per cent ball possession and that results in nothing at all.

AVB: That’s it. Match control always has to have a purpose, a main goal.

...there are maybe some players more important than others. For instance, many teams play with defensive pivots, small defensive midfielders. And, except Andrea Pirlo and Xabi Alonso, and maybe Esteban Cambiasso and one or two more, they are players that are limited to the horizontal part of the game: they keep passing the ball from one side to another, left or right, without any kind of vertical penetration. Can’t you use your defensive midfielder to introduce a surprise factor in the match? Let’s say, first he passes horizontally and then, suddenly, vertical penetration?

...Every team want to score. That’s the purpose of the game. Barcelona play horizontally only after a vertical pass. See how the centre backs go out with ball, how they construct the play. They open up (moving wider), so that the right or left-back can join the midfield line. Guardiola has talked about it: the centre backs provoke the opponent, invite them forward then, if the opponent applies quick pressure the ball goes to the other central defender, and this one makes a vertical pass. Not to the midfielders, who have their back turned to the ball, but to those moving between lines, Andres Iniesta or Lionel Messi, or even directly to the striker. Then they play the second ball with short lay-offs, either to the wingers who have cut inside or the midfielders, who now have the game in front of them. They have an enormous capacity not to lose the ball, to do things with an unbelievable precision.

So (having missed out on Modric and Moutinho) hopefully Holtby and Capoue are able to offer some of the "vertical penetration" that AVB wants from central midfield plus (having missed out on Willian) we'll soon see Eriksen and Lamela providing that "unbelievable precision" between the lines so that our match control has more purpose; especially against those "ultra-low defensive block teams" struggling in the lower reaches of the Premier League (Wigan, Stoke, QPR, Fulham, Wet Spam) who have parked the bus and managed and stop us taking the 3pts over the past year more often than our closest rivals for that 4th spot.

Last edited:
Thought this guy was great today, lots of neat one touch passing and moved us forward at every oppurtunity. I don't think he played anywhere near the left for the game, but does anyone have a touch map for the guy?

Thought this guy was great today, lots of neat one touch passing and moved us forward at every oppurtunity. I don't think he played anywhere near the left for the game, but does anyone have a touch map for the guy?

Saw more of Paulinho on the left than Eriksen and that wasn't a lot either. Initially looked like Stoke would try to get at Fryers, but Walters ended up spending a lot of the game helping out the right back. Stoke were really pathetic today.

Eriksen cutting in from the left to cause havoc.
One of the strikers going out there to take defenders away.
Freeing up space in the middle.
Width provided by wing backs.

Sounds like Arsenal 10 years ago with Pires cutting in, Henry moving out wide, Cole bombing down the left and space being used by the men in midfield.

Average position

B9CPIz0.jpg

Back