• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Mate, thing is same stupid fans will say .. pay whatever for Toby/player X

Football is absolutely mad, look at Barca (just as example)

- You would think they are one of the world's biggest clubs and could afford to buy whoever, right?
- They spend over 73% of their turnover on wages
- And supposedly over 40% of that is on 1 player alone, Messi is on 500K/week until 2021

Well Messi is worth it right? I'm not sure, in the last 7 years Barca has won the CL once, so they are paying Messi 500K/week & Suarez 300K/week to win La Liga?

I don't think that's right, 70% of their turnover would be around 280m assuming 400m turnover (I think the actual is higher). Messi's salary would only take up 26m on 500K a week so where is the rest of the money going? That's definitely not 40% of their wage budget.

I don't think that's right, 70% of their turnover would be around 280m assuming 400m turnover (I think the actual is higher). Messi's salary would only take up 26m on 500K a week so where is the rest of the money going? That's definitely not 40% of their wage budget.

Yep, my bad .. Messi's salary is 2M/week, 104M/yr with at least one additional loyalty bonus of 70M .

Really? for what, to win La Liga? and 1 CL in the last 7 years?

Not saying he isn't a great player, but for 2M/week, he better win me the fudging treble every year .. because 5 x 400K/week players certainly would

He’s a living legend, the greatest player they’ve ever had, if not the greatest anyone has ever had*, also, they have had a lot of holes for a while, he’s been carrying them to those titles almost single handedly.

*subjective

He’s a living legend, the greatest player they’ve ever had, if not the greatest anyone has ever had*, also, they have had a lot of holes for a while, he’s been carrying them to those titles almost single handedly.

*subjective

And I'm not arguing his quality, I'm saying it's a bad decision from a business and results point or view. If Barca had bought 5 players instead of Messi at the 400K/week each level (CR & Bale territory), they would have no holes in the team, would have at least matched the La Liga wins and probably won a CL or two more.

For bricks & giggles and to put in perspective, you could put Eriksen + De Gea, Kante, Modric, KDB, Hazard, Aguero, Lewandowski (and/or Salad) into Barca's current squad for the same money as they pay Messi ...

And I'm not arguing his quality, I'm saying it's a bad decision from a business and results point or view. If Barca had bought 5 players instead of Messi at the 400K/week each level (CR & Bale territory), they would have no holes in the team, would have at least matched the La Liga wins and probably won a CL or two more.

For bricks & giggles and to put in perspective, you could put Eriksen + De Gea, Kante, Modric, KDB, Hazard, Aguero, Lewandowski (and/or Salad) into Barca's current squad for the same money as they pay Messi ...

Nah, Messi sells a lot of merchandise, more than any other player, probably more than the next 3/4 combined, that will offset a chunk of his salary. Secondly, and his salary may be a contributor, they can’t afford those players, hence the signing of budget options like Ter Stergen, Coutinho and Paulinho.

Nah, Messi sells a lot of merchandise, more than any other player, probably more than the next 3/4 combined, that will offset a chunk of his salary. Secondly, and his salary may be a contributor, they can’t afford those players, hence the signing of budget options like Ter Stergen, Coutinho and Paulinho.

Coutinho...a budget option at £130m+ haha

Anyway .. back to Eriksen

- He's a dad this week (boy)

He's got to be next on the contract extension train?

Eriksen needs to get with the Hary Kanes and MPs.

Then DL-MP need to make one stellar signing, and get in a couple of youth prospects. Ideally resolve Toby's situation as well. Then DL can sit back with a G&T and worry about his little building project.

If we keep everyone we've got and sign 1 or 2 "first team equivalent standard" players, I'll be a very happy man.
I think our team is excellent, it is just some equivalent standard bench/depth for injuries we need most.
Even if we don't win a pot, I'm very happy with progress, our style, our potential, our whole club.

If we keep everyone we've got and sign 1 or 2 "first team equivalent standard" players, I'll be a very happy man.
I think our team is excellent, it is just some equivalent standard bench/depth for injuries we need most.
Even if we don't win a pot, I'm very happy with progress, our style, our potential, our whole club.

That's the sort of comments jealous fans hate about us, we have patience and understand what is happening. They read the sun and it's all horrid until we win a pot.

Back