• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I agree. It looks bad in slow motion for the goalie but the ball came down dramatically from quite a height to dip right under the crossbar. A dream goal for Spurs in every sense and amazingly I'm not even sure if that was my favourite goal in the match!

Yep.

It’s easy for us having seen multiple slo mo replays, but first time, in real time, it’s a real tough one for the keeper.

I mean, look at the TV shot from behind Eriksen, the ball goes so high that the crossbar just goes out of shot at the bottom of the picture. (Cameraman did well actually to keep the ball fairly centrally framed).

Agreed, everything is obvious watching it for the 5th time in slow motion

But in real time you are just thinking "Eriksen is going to have a pop" and 0.2 seconds later you think "oh no that one's going way too high" and 0.1 seconds later the keeper thinks "oh dear that is coming down too fast for me to reach my hands up" and then it is in the goal and he's sat on his bum thinking WOW.

I agree. It looks bad in slow motion for the goalie but the ball came down dramatically from quite a height to dip right under the crossbar. A dream goal for Spurs in every sense and amazingly I'm not even sure if that was my favourite goal in the match!
You prefer Morata's, of course (insert emoji here to signify lack of seriousness).

There are only two, of what I would call football maestros, in the PL. Him and David Silva, and probably only two other than them on the same level, namely Iniesta and Modric, but Silva and Eriksen are more progressive and attacking than the other two.

He really is a special player and incredibly important for us.

Last edited:
There are only two, of what I would call football maestros, in the PL. Him and David Silva, and probably only two other than them on the same level, namely Iniesta and Modric, but Silva and Eriksen are more progressive and attacking than the other two.

What about Kevin De Bruyne?

I still think against weaker sides we can play like city and have him in the de Bruyne role alongside Dier or wanyama

And then play even more attacking players ahead of him

I still think against weaker sides we can play like city and have him in the de Bruyne role alongside Dier or wanyama

And then play even more attacking players ahead of him

Against all sides no? Against Swansea and second half against the chavs, he's looked very hard to pick up coming from deep. He can dictate the play more and find more space to shoot if he's moving into those positions rather than starting there.

Alli also seems more dangerous if he's arriving from wide into central positions. For our second goal, he starts on the touchline, sees Dier in possession and runs through. So hard to defend against. Same with Eriksen, he looks better starting deeper.

Against all sides no? Against Swansea and second half against the chavs, he's looked very hard to pick up coming from deep. He can dictate the play more and find more space to shoot if he's moving into those positions rather than starting there.

Alli also seems more dangerous if he's arriving from wide into central positions. For our second goal, he starts on the touchline, sees Dier in possession and runs through. So hard to defend against. Same with Eriksen, he looks better starting deeper.

I think against better sides I’d play him in a few role

Against weaker ones we can sacrifice a Dembele and play him there

No one can convince me De Bruyne is now a super tackler... but his work rate is phenomenal and helps out defensively because of it. Eriksen can do exactly the same role

Poch is magic, we all know, but I do wonder sometimes how much extra someone like Guardiola could get from Eriksen

Poch is magic, we all know, but I do wonder sometimes how much extra someone like Guardiola could get from Eriksen

I’m still not seeing anyone becoming a better player with pep

Fitter, yes

Playing with better players, yes

Improved technically??? Not for me personally

Stones still can’t defend

Walker still makes errors that lead to goals

Alli is so tied to Poch. Without him he wouldn't be the player he has become - imo. Guardiola wouldn't play Alli he wouldn't get into the team. Poch by contrast puts complete faith in Alli, understands him, shows patience with him.

I think Alli has spent most of the season trying to play in very tight spaces. What Poch may not have done as well as Pep is set up our attacking movement as well. What went so well 2nd half against chelsea was players arriving into dangerous areas. We still need to develop our movement and finishing in the final third.

Cannot agree. But hey ho

I’m sure most won’t agree with me

He will have younger players improve but I also put that down to their natural growth

Henry talk about him like he is the messiah but Up to that point he had never played for a proper coach

Last edited:
Back