• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

I think he's been great slotting into the centre. His form has picked up with the return of Kane, which is obvious for the whole team, but those two seem to have a good understanding. Not only that, but recently we have had good runs coming from Alli and Son looking to get in behind which has given Eriksen something to aim for. Lastly, I think he's almost become part of a midfield three at times, but has been given the license to roam forward and work that inside right channel. Son has been quite disciplined and stuck widish, but Eriksen has been doing a bit of everything.

He's a confidence-player. Big time. He goes missing when he's not playing well and does little to turn it around in my opinion.

Suddenly, one good strike against Chelsea and the smile is back on his face. Then he's finding himself in the box for a fluke v Sawnsea plus a decent goal. Now he's trying chip passes over defences!!!

He's a confidence-player. Big time. He goes missing when he's not playing well and does little to turn it around in my opinion.

Suddenly, one good strike against Chelsea and the smile is back on his face. Then he's finding himself in the box for a fluke v Sawnsea plus a decent goal. Now he's trying chip passes over defences!!!
A bit unfair to say that imo. No one denies he ducks out of physical challenges but in every other respect he still keeps going. It's his form that goes missing, not him.

It is beginning to look like we now have our Eriksen back.

What we have seen from him recently is a vast improvement from the nothingness he has given us for most of this season. This is my kinda player, he just needs more improvement with his set piece, especially his corners

A bit unfair to say that imo. No one denies he ducks out of physical challenges but in every other respect he still keeps going. It's his form that goes missing, not him.
The whole can he/will he tackle argument is a bit of red herring IMO.

I think if you compare last night's performance to one even a few weeks back you will see that every time he got the ball last night he moved it forward with a pass or a run. He has not being doing that a lot. More often than not he has been sending the the ball backwards or sideways which was frustrating. That is the big change I see anyway, and I do agree with the poster above that it probably is just his confidence returning.

I think if you compare last night's performance to one even a few weeks back you will see that every time he got the ball last night he moved it forward with a pass or a run. He has not being doing that a lot. More often than not he has been sending the the ball backwards or sideways which was frustrating. That is the big change I see anyway, and I do agree with the poster above that it probably is just his confidence returning.

Could not agree more with your first point.

As for your second point, one of the reasons he has not been playing the ball forward as much during the early part of the season was because the players ahead of him were too static. Now Kane is back and Son is making more runs he his making those passes.

Could not agree more with your first point.

As for your second point, one of the reasons he has not been playing the ball forward as much during the early part of the season was because the players ahead of him were too static. Now Kane is back and Son is making more runs he his making those passes.
That certainly could be part of it, but he has shoulder most of the blame himself IMO. Often I thought there was a ball on but he wasn't confident enough to try it. Last night I saw him pointing and shouting at his team mates!!

Definitely looks more comfortable in his own skin these last couple of games.

I think if you compare last night's performance to one even a few weeks back you will see that every time he got the ball last night he moved it forward with a pass or a run. e has not being doing that a lot. More often than not he has been sending the the ball backwards or sideways which was frustrating. That is the big change I see anyway, and I do agree with the poster above that it probably is just his confidence returning.
Yes, he did get the ball forward a lot more, and some of his passes and crosses were quite glorious, but as others have mentioned there WERE ALSO quite a few sideways/backwards passes at times, especially early on. However I'm sure we can all agree that of itself, passing sideways or backwards is no crime, there are many occasions when it's the only sensible option. It's when players do it persistently through an underlying lack of positivity that it warrants criticism. He may lack courage at times and for sure in recent months far too many of his passes have been going astray, but I frankly disagree that overall Eriksen has ever been guilty of lacking positivity. If that were true Poch would surely have ditched him long ago.

Where the hell has last night's Eriksen been all season? If he plays anywhere close to that standard from now on then we're in business.

Part of it is form, but also part of it is time and space around the box. There were quite a few things that didn't come off for Eriksen against CSKA, but there were enough instances of him having a bit of time and space on the ball near the box to make a lot of things happen.

Previously this season we haven't been good enough at providing our attacking players that time and space in and around the box at a good enough frequency. So a lot of them have struggled.

This is where I rate Winks higher than Dembele and Wanyama. Though a lot of it against CSKA was the same against Swansea - poor defending by out of form teams that had little to do with our line-up or performance. If we manage to find Eriksen in those pockets of space over the coming weeks I expect him to keep performing, if we go back to being too slow in our buildup play against well organized hard working teams I expect his form to once again drop.

I reckon we've got a lock-up full of Eriksens out near Chingford somewhere. Got them in there on charge, all with different hair. Some of them are duds, though; they got the chef program installed at the factory by mistake. They'll make a fantastic salt beef sandwich, just can't take a corner or a free-kick. I was hoping Pochettino was going to get one of the football ones out for today's game, but apparently not.

I reckon we've got a lock-up full of Eriksens out near Chingford somewhere. Got them in there on charge, all with different hair. Some of them are duds, though; they got the chef program installed at the factory by mistake. They'll make a fantastic salt beef sandwich, just can't take a corner or a free-kick. I was hoping Pochettino was going to get one of the football ones out for today's game, but apparently not.
You worked hard one that one. I'll give you credit for that, but the Eriksens we have are all from the same batch unfortunately, He can play better than this.

Didn't see the game. But after his midweek performance, sounds like he would have been better coming off the bench with Winks starting? In hindsight.

Back