• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chris Sutton predicts...

Twunt! Bring back Lawro

Tottenham v Arsenal (16:30)
I am looking forward to this game and it will be interesting enough just to watch the technical areas when Antonio Conte and Mikel Arteta are both out there.

I don't think Conte will appreciate Arteta's antics if he behaves like he did in Arsenal's draw with Saudi Sportswashing Machine, so that will be worth keeping an eye on.

On the pitch, it might be far less of a contest. Arsenal are a much better team, and for most of the season Tottenham's performances have just not been good enough.

Spurs might step things up here, of course, because it means so much to both sets of fans that they won't be able to just lie down - but I've had enough of saying they will turn the corner soon, and I'm sick of Conte's excuses when they play poorly. They don't deserve me to predict a positive result for them.

I think a lot of Tottenham fans are sick and tired of Conte's brand of football too - they are bland and unexciting, while Arsenal are the complete opposite, even with Gabriel Jesus out injured.

I can see the Gunners making a big statement on Sunday, on Tottenham's own patch.

Sutton's prediction: 0-3

Haha as much as I have been negative on us recently even I think we have a good chance at the weekend

Haha as much as I have been negative on us recently even I think we have a good chance at the weekend
We have a great chance
They will start quick as they always do
We need to weather the storm and then take over like last season and the one before IIRC

We have a great chance
They will start quick as they always do
We need to weather the storm and then take over like last season and the one before IIRC

Just can't see it, we look so lethargic whereas they look like they believe in their game play.

Are they? What makes you say ?
Because I’ve seen us play them so many times
Even the good arsenal sides didn’t like coming to out ground
And look at their fans now …
Posting crap about getting attacked before the game
They will brick it if we make it a hostile atmosphere
It’s the same team we played last year don’t forget. The one that was above us then. The one that literally bottled CL
But our fans have to make it hostile
We have to back the team

Last edited:
Because I’ve seen us play them so many times
Even the good arsenal sides didn’t like coming to out ground
And look at their fans now …
Posting crap about getting attacked before the game
They will brick it if we make it a hostile atmosphere
It’s the same team we played last year don’t forget. The one that was above us then. The one that literally bottled CL
But our fans have to make it hostile
We have to back the team

Sounds dreamy ... they have not been scared to come to our place under wenger.

Rose tints off, they ate favourites

Sounds dreamy ... they have not been scared to come to our place under wenger.

Rose tints off, they ate favourites

Favorites they obviously are (they're top of the league). But we'll do them. BTW, in the last 20 years we've lost twice to them at home (according to my records)...

Please don't try to compare what they played like last year vs how they are playing now and vice versa
Why not?
You mentioned wengers team
We may as well go back through history
Arsenal do not have a GHod record at WHL over the last 10 years
Just like when we’re better we still didn’t have a good record at theirs

Somebody should start the OMT or one of these posts will be chosen at random.

I'm just amazed we've managed to find a reoccurring thread with someone who is more of a miserable prick than Lawro that we constantly have to reminded of anytime there's a half-arsed "wot I reckon" article released on the beeb*

*I accept that posting in this thread I am knowingly contributing to the problem of being reminded that Chris Sutton exists so creating a bit of a paradox in posting in this thread

Back