• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Chelsea,Abramovich and FM/CM Games

paxtonwolf

John White
Just a thought.

Whenever I play CM or Football Manager, naturally I choose Spurs. Once I have finally 'done the double' and won the Champions League, I dont know whether its just me, I tend to lose a little interest. It's like well that's that, and to try and regain some interest by starting again with a Lower League club to see how I do.

That all got me thinking. Rightly or wrongly, I get the impression that Chelsea are just Roman's toy and his ultimate goal is to win the Champions League.
Should that happen in a few weeks, does anybody think he may consider selling up, having achieved his 'goal' and move on to a new project?

Abramovich bought Chelsea, largely, to raise his profile in the West for political reasons, in my opinion. Surprised he has stuck around as long as he has.

I think it's obvious that he wants the Champions League more than anything. He went for Ancelotti and Mourinho because of their track records in the competition.

I wouldn't be surprised if he sold the club sometime in the near future if they win the CL this season.

I remember reading an article when RA first bought chavski and in it Brian Clough( I think it was Clough) said he recently met RA. Clough had told RA that there were 3 ways he'd end up leaving chelski: he be sent to prison, assassinated or get bored and leave.

RA replied, "well, I won't get bored.....but the other 2 are possible."

Back