• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheick Tiote - RIP

Another one with a congenital heart disease? Seems to be happening at an increasing rate.

Shocking news isn't it. Is it me or are people from that ethnic background more prone to these conditions than others? I only ask as I can only recall from memory one player in Spain who was white collapsing on the pitch in the last 10 years, whereas the majority of sportsman or footballers collapsing and dying that were not white was a lot more? Sorry if I have not written this the right way, I mean not to offend anyone that may be offended.

Tragic. Shocking at such an age.

And to add to the sadness, I just saw on Twitter that apparently his wife is expecting a baby this week.

Shocking news isn't it. Is it me or are people from that ethnic background more prone to these conditions than others? I only ask as I can only recall from memory one player in Spain who was white collapsing on the pitch in the last 10 years, whereas the majority of sportsman or footballers collapsing and dying that were not white was a lot more? Sorry if I have not written this the right way, I mean not to offend anyone that may be offended.

According to this list, there seems to be an unproportionate number of players dying from cardiac arrest from the western African countries of Nigeria, Benin, Mali, Ivory Coast, etc. All in the same region:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Either way, its just incredibly tragic. RIP

My GHod, another one.

RIP

I really hope they improve testing and can catch these things early. I read today about tests that will find cancer 10 years before they are a problem. Lets hope they find a way to improve the tests for the african population who seem to have this problem.

Awful news. I will never forget his goal in the last minute against Arsenal when we came from 4-0 down to draw 4-4. Arsenal didn't know what had hit them.

His wife is due to give birth shortly and he already had a young family. Just awful.

f6af2d351e6d3b12e3fd7c7d42e65d74.jpg

:(

Awful news. I will never forget his goal in the last minute against Arsenal when we came from 4-0 down to draw 4-4. Arsenal didn't know what had hit them.

His wife is due to give birth shortly and he already had a young family. Just awful.

f6af2d351e6d3b12e3fd7c7d42e65d74.jpg

:(

Ah, I remember that goal well as well.

Tragic news, indeed. To think he had kids as well as a pregnant wife, just awful. I can't begin to imagine what they must be going through. fudging hell. :(

Back