• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ched Evans

Sadly that's the one thing that won't happen.

I understand the statistics behind naming the alleged but (speaking generally again) it's at odds with the presumption of innocence a fair legal system requires.

I understand that there is not the political will to crack down on it.

If it is at odds with a fair legal system then it should be then anonymity should be granted in all cases. The problem with that is that conviction rates would drop.

I understand that there is not the political will to crack down on it.

If it is at odds with a fair legal system then it should be then anonymity should be granted in all cases. The problem with that is that conviction rates would drop.

yes it's a conflict of reality and ideals

what, Tyson, that rapist who used to be a boxer?

the mud sticks, look at Cliff Richard

I don't know what the answer is, and i'm not commenting on this specific case, but publicly naming someone before the legal process has completed doesn't seem right to me

This is the point i have been making, naming people is fine but it needs to be both not just the accused. Either that or do not name either.

This is the point i have been making, naming people is fine but it needs to be both not just the accused. Either that or do not name either.
I fully agree on this point but it is difficult practically.

The only way to be fair is to not name either party until all legal avenues have been tested. Unfortunately, as we see again and again, it can be years or even decades before the correct evidence show up in front of an appeal.

How long do you wait?

I fully agree on this point but it is difficult practically.

The only way to be fair is to not name either party until all legal avenues have been tested. Unfortunately, as we see again and again, it can be years or even decades before the correct evidence show up in front of an appeal.

How long do you wait?

To be honest if we are to be FAIR to both sides we wait as long as it takes. I am not saying i prefer one system over the other but naming only one party is in no way a fair way to go about it.

Back