• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

well done Chelsea? The team that has had ?ú1billion blown on them? The team that has spent ?ú120m in the last year (Torres, Luiz, Cahill, Ramires, Meireles)?

That doesn't deserve a well done.

to put into some more perspective - they've spent more on hiring and sacking one manager than we've ever spent on a player.

i don't have the stats to hand but they've spent more than our transfer record on what, a dozen occasions? Drogba, Luiz, Bosingwa, Ferreira, Mata, Veron, Shevchenko, Lukaku (and 18 year old squad player :D ), Crespo (?), Mutu, Carvalho - and that's just off the top of my head.

and yet, we were still much better than them in the league.

makes me f****** sick. that's how level the playing field is.

...and as such, must be a better, more EXPERIENCED goalkeeper than THAT dodgy performance suggests... fudging NIT PICKER... you know what I meant!!

Maybe Mrs Fulop is enjoying her new string of pearls & new mink coat instead this week then!??

Dave

Beasant

The way i feel at the mone tis to cash in on Modric and Bale, get the new manager in asap and let have the whole summer to shape the squad how he wants it. Hopefully Modric will have a cracking tournament and push his price up and make some foreign teams take notice of him

sorry, but that sounds like madness?

get rid of our best two players and a manager who has shown that he can get us CL?

this is the nearest thing we've had to consistency and stability and people want to chuck it out? blimey.

sorry, but that sounds like madness?

get rid of our best two players and a manager who has shown that he can get us CL?

this is the nearest thing we've had to consistency and stability and people want to chuck it out? blimey.

Honestly don't get it either. People obviously aren't thinking straight.

Honestly don't get it either. People obviously aren't thinking straight.

yep, i'm as gutted as anyone but getting rid of our best playing staff and best management in a generation (or two) isn't the the way to go.

we're building something here, add a little bit more quality, a little bit more consistently and fair crack of the whip from lady luck, there aren't many better teams than us around.

who would have thought 3 or 4 years ago that we'd be consistently better than Pool - an erstwhile top 4 stalwart, finished above chelsea for the first since the 90's, closed the gap on the gooners - a club with a bedrock of stability and 15 years' worth of CL money and experience?

we're on the cusp of something, and i believe harry is the man to take us there.

yep, i'm as gutted as anyone but getting rid of our best playing staff and best management in a generation (or two) isn't the the way to go.

we're building something here, add a little bit more quality, a little bit more consistently and fair crack of the whip from lady luck, there aren't many better teams than us around.

who would have thought 3 or 4 years ago that we'd be consistently better than Pool - an erstwhile top 4 stalwart, finished above chelsea for the first since the 90's, closed the gap on the gooners - a club with a bedrock of stability and 15 years' worth of CL money and experience?

we're on the cusp of something, and i believe harry is the man to take us there.

Exactly we're well placed to something special next season. Give Redknapp a new 3 year contract, keep the players we have. Bring in Leandro and Remy (both still gettable).
Consider Liverpool are in a complete mess, Arsenal will be without their best player and Chelsea need rebuilding and there's no reason we can't finish above all 3.
The idea of chucking everything we've build away because Chelsea won a game on Penalties is ridiculous.

What I think, for what it's worth -

Break with tradition and get our summer transfer business done quickly. That way, any players thinking of doing a bunk can see what sort of ambition the club has, and how it intends to move forward. It may cost more to target someone early, but it could persuade the likes of Modric to hang around another season.

If someone truly does want to go/ refuses to play then make sure that whoever comes in pays absolutely top whack. (In fairness Levy is pretty good at this anyway - eg Berbatov). Do we really want players that don't take pride in wearing the white shirt?

Accept that this season we have been seriously unlucky with an awful run of terrible refereeing decision going against us (not just in our games - look at Everton - Arsenal at Goodison; but for an incompetent linesman that would have finished 1-1 and Arse would've been two points worse off...) and a very average Chelsea side somehow winning the CL. We have, I believe, consolidated our position as one of the top clubs in England and, although we won't win the title, we can certainly challenge for third again next season.

I think we have the right manager and the basis of the right squad - so long as we keep it together. I personally would hate to see a sugar daddy take over and buy our success. I think that City and Chelsea have corrupted and ruined the integrity of English football and I never want Spurs to be a part of that. I'd rather fight it out for fourth than win another title based on endless transfer fees, insane wages and money-no-object pointlessness. Where's the challenge? What's the point? How can it mean anything?

What I think, for what it's worth -

Break with tradition and get our summer transfer business done quickly. That way, any players thinking of doing a bunk can see what sort of ambition the club has, and how it intends to move forward. It may cost more to target someone early, but it could persuade the likes of Modric to hang around another season.

If someone truly does want to go/ refuses to play then make sure that whoever comes in pays absolutely top whack. (In fairness Levy is pretty good at this anyway - eg Berbatov). Do we really want players that don't take pride in wearing the white shirt?

Accept that this season we have been seriously unlucky with an awful run of terrible refereeing decision going against us (not just in our games - look at Everton - Arsenal at Goodison; but for an incompetent linesman that would have finished 1-1 and Arse would've been two points worse off...) and a very average Chelsea side somehow winning the CL. We have, I believe, consolidated our position as one of the top clubs in England and, although we won't win the title, we can certainly challenge for third again next season.

I think we have the right manager and the basis of the right squad - so long as we keep it together. I personally would hate to see a sugar daddy take over and buy our success. I think that City and Chelsea have corrupted and ruined the integrity of English football and I never want Spurs to be a part of that. I'd rather fight it out for fourth than win another title based on endless transfer fees, insane wages and money-no-object pointlessness. Where's the challenge? What's the point? How can it mean anything?

There's better reasons to get our transfers done early than to appease Modric, Bale or whoever. They're under contract and no one at the club has the personality to kick up too much of a fuss. Modric played when he was told to last summer when Redknapp finally took a hard line.

There's better reasons to get our transfers done early than to appease Modric, Bale or whoever. They're under contract and no one at the club has the personality to kick up too much of a fuss. Modric played when he was told to last summer when Redknapp finally took a hard line.

-Cheaper
-More time to get used to England
-More time to train/play with the squad
-Looks far more professional
-Means you can actually get who you want

Apparently his 'dream' is Barcelona in blue shirts, so he will want to win the CL but actually playing stylish football which is why they are desperately seeking and courting Guardiola.

These rich Russian types are desperate to be the best but at the same time respected and part of the elite. He will hate Chelsea's outsider status, they want to be one of the establishment. It's like the Stadium, they don't just want a new stadium but one that's iconic and admired around the world as such by not just football fans but architects and people like that.

It would have been cheaper to buy Barcelona and make them change the colour of their kit.

Just saying.

We say Russian this, Arab that... doesn't matter where they are from - money is their nationality and the whole shabang from Moneyistan are using football as their playground. Such a shame, it really is. I said over a year ago that stadiums with virtual supporters (people who log into games via their webcams and watch streams) are what we will eventually see.

Back