• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cheatski are still scum

Wasn't it also going to mean at least 3 years at Wembley as it was going to take so long, due to the complexity? And that's before any wiring setbacks come to light at the last minute...

Yes.

It was a very bold and expensive plan that could only work with RA's support. It was considerably more than ours ended up costing (even with accounting extras) and that was assuming that it stayed on budget, which for such an ambitious plan seems unlikely. No new owner with an interest in making money would touch that plan.

In some ways its disappointing that we don't get to see such a new stadium in London. On the other hand it's Chelsea.

So topline sanctions mean they...

Can't sell tickets, only ST holders can attend games
Can't open the club shop and sell merch
Can't renew contracts, buy or sell players
Can't sell the club

from what I've read so far?

So topline sanctions mean they...

Can't sell tickets, only ST holders can attend games
Can't open the club shop and sell merch
Can't renew contracts, buy or sell players
Can't sell the club

from what I've read so far?

Yep. Not sure yet how it works for other countrues yet. Can they book flights or hotels? Can sponsors make payments to them? What about money owed on transfer fees?

wow!

"The government says it will issued a special licence that will allow fixtures to be fulfilled, staff to be paid and existing ticket holders to attend matches.

Season ticket holders can still attend games they have tickets for but club can not now sell any more tickets that haven't been sold already. The merchandise shop will be closed."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60690362

So if the sanctions aren't lifted by the summer then their gate receipts and merchandise go to zero. If the club is being run sensibly, then presumably their transfer spend will be very limited given the lack of visibility on their finances

Yes.

It was a very bold and expensive plan that could only work with RA's support. It was considerably more than ours ended up costing (even with accounting extras) and that was assuming that it stayed on budget, which for such an ambitious plan seems unlikely. No new owner with an interest in making money would touch that plan.

In some ways its disappointing that we don't get to see such a new stadium in London. On the other hand it's Chelsea.

It was actually a really cool stadium, marmite type design but I quite liked the industrial look of it. Oh well I'm sure I'll survive :)

wow!

"The government says it will issued a special licence that will allow fixtures to be fulfilled, staff to be paid and existing ticket holders to attend matches.

Season ticket holders can still attend games they have tickets for but club can not now sell any more tickets that haven't been sold already. The merchandise shop will be closed."

So if the sanctions aren't lifted by the summer then their gate receipts and merchandise go to zero. If the club is being run sensibly, then presumably their transfer spend will be very limited given the lack of visibility on their finances

Its all more details to follow etc

but couldn’t he just give the club away?

No idea but I think they still lose 100m+ most years.

Looking at the EBITDA line here, they make about £30m per year when the stadium is largely closed (these were covid years) and with literally zero gate receipts, they'll be around break even

So if santions remain in place, they will likely be looking to at most have zero transfer spend, probably more likely raise a bit of cash

Is it too optimistic to hope for a fire sale over the summer as the government tries to realise saleable assets within the club?

Is it too optimistic to hope for a fire sale over the summer as the government tries to realise saleable assets within the club?

Government doesnt own the club, but contradicting my own post above, they probably cant sell players

Perhaps it doesnt impact them much from a transfer perspective. If you cant buy and sell, then players stay at the club as they're contracted. Assuming this sanction doesnt remain for years, perhaps players DONT leave and just the club has a glut of contracts to renew when they can? No-one will sign a new contract now

wow!

They can't sign any contracts.

Back