• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Characters

I'm hoping that Fazio and Stambouli may fit this mould; They were key players in recent successes for their clubs. Montpelier shocked French football when they won the league ahead of moneybags PSG

Agreed mate - Stambouli played more minutes than anyone else in L1 last year, and he played a huge part in them winning the title the year before, he must be a good player with some character, surely? Already in his interview he was talking about spirit in his broken English.

Fazio is a giant and has been winning loads of games in Europe and La Liga, leading by example, up against Messi and Ronaldo and the best of Europe, again he looks a real leader of men from what we've seen so far.

Sandro was also a leader of men, I think he led his team to the Copa Libertadores before joining us, at such a young age as well, these are exactly the types of players we should be signing.

Now for Sandro we had a good couple of years and then injury cut him down... but he was a VERY astute signing at the time, just like Fazio and Stambouli seem to be from the outside (without having seen them play properly).

I noticed that Stambouli used words like spirit and dimension and other phrases that an English player is unlikely to use... and I don't think it was just his broken English, it was his education in football from his father and in France, he seemed like a typically philosophical Frenchman, and I think Pock likes that kind of thing i.e. a deep thinker, not just a fighter.

Pock wants players to think and follow instructions and do the right things in his system. Oh dear I've gone off topic haven't I. As you were...

Do Emirates Marketing Project, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Man United rely on these sort of players? I see no Keane or Vieira there. Closest we have are Gerrard and Yaya Toure, who can tackle and show a bit of bite but no more so than any of our lot. Gareth Barry? Again, he brings more in technical ability than aggression. They stand ahead in the quality they bring, but as far as being the beast that drives the team, that's not how they do it. Jack Wheelchair has passion but he's as tough as peanut brittle when it comes to a tackle.

Fact is, the modern premier league is following the Spanish model of short and fast midfielders. We're doing our best to catch up.

He's not the most popular player on here but Rose did not buckle against Liverpool either and was the pick of our defenders.

Bang on. In fact, given that there were players back/supposedly on the cover, you could argue that for once, Rose did the right thing by trying to hold some sort of position in case we broke again. He appears to be making sure he is covered much more this season when he goes forward. I thought he was let down there in the sense that those who were back were simply not tuned in enough to cut out the break. Having said that, for me, that first goal was exactly the sort of goal I think we could score if Townsend were smarter: all front foot, all forwards, all pace. Soldado with that sort of counter play would be a 25 goal a season beast. It was an excellent goal.

Agreed mate - Stambouli played more minutes than anyone else in L1 last year, and he played a huge part in them winning the title the year before, he must be a good player with some character, surely? Already in his interview he was talking about spirit in his broken English.

Fazio is a giant and has been winning loads of games in Europe and La Liga, leading by example, up against Messi and Ronaldo and the best of Europe, again he looks a real leader of men from what we've seen so far.

Sandro was also a leader of men, I think he led his team to the Copa Libertadores before joining us, at such a young age as well, these are exactly the types of players we should be signing.

Now for Sandro we had a good couple of years and then injury cut him down... but he was a VERY astute signing at the time, just like Fazio and Stambouli seem to be from the outside (without having seen them play properly).

I noticed that Stambouli used words like spirit and dimension and other phrases that an English player is unlikely to use... and I don't think it was just his broken English, it was his education in football from his father and in France, he seemed like a typically philosophical Frenchman, and I think Pock likes that kind of thing i.e. a deep thinker, not just a fighter.

Pock wants players to think and follow instructions and do the right things in his system. Oh dear I've gone off topic haven't I. As you were...

Good point

Pock wants players to think and follow instructions and do the right things in his system.
Oh dear I've gone off topic haven't I. As you were...

Excellent observation mate, hadn't picked up on that but it makes total sense when his dealings thus-far are considered. Starts to tell you something about the squad too. I agree with you BTW.

"Just because you are a character, does not mean that you have character."

[video=youtube_share;kIOwj9QGKd4]http://youtu.be/kIOwj9QGKd4[/video]

Back