• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League thread 2013/14

BALE, BALE, BALE, BALE!!

Most expensive footballer of all time. Winning goal in Copa del Rey, a goal in the Champions League final. Superb debut season and will only get better. Can see him leading Madrid to a La Liga trophy next year.

BobhlGkCMAAx2Js.jpg:large

winning goal in the CL final Mumorn, no?

Well, he put them ahead. But I always thought the "winning" goal counts as the final goal scored. So it might actually go down as Ronaldo scoring the winning goal. Whatever the case, he still scored to put them ahead. Can't believe that this guy was almost sold on to Nottingham ****ing Forest when playing at left back!

Well, this puts an end to any lingering hopes of Ancelotti schelpping up to the Lane. Horrible ending for Atletico, I feel legitimately terrible for them. As for the ghost of the Bale discussion that reappeared a page or so ago, I promised myself come September that I'd never get too emotionally connected to any of our players again. In that regard, I've partially succeeded. However, despite all that I can't help but feel good for Gareth. He got his move, with the burdens of an 85 million pound price tag and a lack of fitness attached. He didn't let any of that stop him. And now, he's going to be lifting that tenth CL that Madrid fans have dreamed of for twelve years, making history with the team he apparently grew up supporting.

I can't bring myself to feel anything other than good about that. Well done, Gareth.

The rest of Madrid can **** off, though.

Agree!

so bitter :lol:

suck it up mate Bale won the Champions League and we're made up!

;)

And I'm left waiting for a CL to deliver the right result. Ever since Chelsea beat Bayern, I've been left disappointed by the victor of this trophy. I'd have loved to have seen Atletico triumph here. Instead Bale & Modric are likely laughing at our club and how they are so pleased to have escaped.

The one positive thing about tonight is we can point to players like Bale and Modric and say look what you can achieve in x amount of years if you come to Spurs, our players are coveted by the biggest teams in the world.

Having said that, I detest Real Madrid and their spoilt fans. After the way they behaved towards us last summer I'm gutted they've won football's biggest prize, behave like ****s and you'll get rewarded is the message.

remember mcmanaman left scouser scum to win trophies, he lifted a CL with these mugs, and then few seasons later pool won it themselves, so hey give it another 4 seasons and we shall be lifting that trophy too (with an argie in charge....)

Can someone explain something please?

Simeone is supposed to be this hotshot manager with the best organised defence around

Yet he doesn't bother to put people on the posts for corners?!

Incredible, Atletico would be CL winners if he had bothered to get someone on the posts, even Fat Sam knows that.

It is so important to cover the posts at corners, can't believe they lost the biggest final because of that.

And I'm left waiting for a CL to deliver the right result. Ever since Chelsea beat Bayern, I've been left disappointed by the victor of this trophy. I'd have loved to have seen Atletico triumph here. Instead Bale & Modric are likely laughing at our club and how they are so pleased to have escaped.

why would they be laughing at us ffs :lol:

The one positive thing about tonight is we can point to players like Bale and Modric and say look what you can achieve in x amount of years if you come to Spurs, our players are coveted by the biggest teams in the world.

Having said that, I detest Real Madrid and their spoilt fans. After the way they behaved towards us last summer I'm gutted they've won football's biggest prize, behave like ****s and you'll get rewarded is the message.

If it brings us potential world class players, I'm all for it.

If we had consistently got top four and won honors with Modric and Bale here, they would still be here. Hopefully these "future world class stars" can actually fulfill potential at our club and can drag us to some honors. Otherwise, they should probably leave as theyd deserve to win something.

Back