• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League Play Off Players

AberYid

Steven Caulker
PSV, Lyon, Schalke, Milan, Zenit

Some of the CL Play Off teams, chances are not all of them will make it through.

Anyone think Levy could pull off a deadline day coup for one of their players?

They won't be in the CL so, that argument can't be used. They may see us as more progressive.

I'm desperately clutching at straws for the one signing I've wanted for the last 18 months - but is impossible, Stephan El Shaarawy.

PSV, Lyon, Schalke, Milan, Zenit

Some of the CL Play Off teams, chances are not all of them will make it through.

Anyone think Levy could pull off a deadline day coup for one of their players?

They won't be in the CL so, that argument can't be used. They may see us as more progressive.

I'm desperately clutching at straws for the one signing I've wanted for the last 18 months - but is impossible, Stephan El Shaarawy.

Sure, if they find themselves in a difficult financial position because they budgeted for making it to the CL and all of a sudden they have to sell then that's the kind of situation Levy likes.

No chance of getting El Shawarry, the queue to sign him would be pretty long and we are unlikely to be at the front of it.

Are there any players at those clubs you think are worth it and are possible, braineclipse?

Bakkali was mentioned in another thread. Would probably end up costing a ton of money unless there are contract issues. Possibly an alternative to Halilovic?

Lyon showed us last season that they are a good side, but I'm not sure if there are any players there that would be a clear upgrade for us.

Both Howedes and Papadopodopodupodopulouous look like very promising defenders for Schalke. Neither would be cheap of course, the Greek seems available for £12m or thereabouts, but has injury problems. Not sure about Howedes, might be beyond us.

Not sure about AC Milan, they obviously have some good players, but I have no idea who are regulars and thus unavailable and who we might be able to steal away from them.

Zenit have Arshavin ;) Slightly more seriously it probably depends on how not qualifying for the CL would affect them. They seem to have solid funding so probably wouldn't. Danny has looked good when I've seen him. We've been linked with Lombaerts of course, but I haven't seen him play.

So? We could still use them in the league.

Just saying.

Seeing as both Spurs and their current club will then be in the EL, I think the player may prefer to stay where he is. The only reason to move would be to make more money and don't see the asking prices coming down much either. Maybe Lyon, as they REALLY need the money.

Lacazette as a young striker to backup Soldado maybe. Ignore his goal record as he's been playing wide but he's starting up front for Lyon now with Lisandro Lopez gone and Gomis going.

Back