• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2016/17 - Group E: CSKA Moscow, Bayer Leverkusen, Monaco

90-fooking-thousand?! That's bloody amazing. My goodness. Really wish I could've made it now.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/champions-league-tickets-record-sales-the-stage-is-set-090916/

It's less than a week until we mark our return to the Champions League and, with over 80,000 tickets already sold for our opening group match against AS Monaco, we can be sure of an incredible evening atmosphere at Wembley Stadium, connected by EE.

Thanks to the outstanding response from our supporters around tickets for this fixture, the match is set to exceed our largest-ever attended home fixture as well as being the biggest home crowd total for an English club competing in the Champions League.

Chairman Daniel Levy said: "The response from our fans has been fantastic and is testament to just how big this football club is.

"This is going to be the best attended Champions League home game in Britain ever - what a way for us to mark our return to the competition."

We strongly advise all of our supporters travelling to arrive as early as you can to the stadium to ensure you don't miss a moment of the action.

We look forward to welcoming you to Wembley Stadium next week for another historical night for the Club.

I don't understand why people are saying this is a record British attendance, surely there have been more at games somewhere when it was all standing?

We might go top with a few thousand more tickets sold, if Wiki is correct:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_record_home_attendances_of_English_football_clubs

Meh, it's very hard to compare as there are now GA tickets, VIP tickets, boxes etc. Also it is 3 matches at a discounted price. Essentially it is just a feat of setting the price level at a point where people buy into it. If the Gooners were doing it at this price, people would be sniping about cheap prices etc.

It's nice that we can sell it out, but I'm not weeing myself yet. To be honest if the ticketing system was 1000 times larger i.e. people didn't have to hang on for 14 hours in the queue to book tickets, they probably would have sold out way quicker. But it's quite hard to compare to 1934 and tuppence ha'penny.

Anyone still not received their tickets? Currently on hold with the ticket office, eight minutes and counting. Joy...

Back