• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlyle takeover, was Cain Hoy takeover

Re: Back Page tomorrow Mirror - Lewis to sell 1 Billion Tottenham

I suspect it was more likely that they made an enquiry about buying the club, Levy has named a very high price, they are considering whether to meet the price, make a lower offer or walk away.

And also get an independent valuation.. are they also allowed to look at the books too.

And also get an independent valuation.. are they also allowed to look at the books too.
I'm not sure what good an independent valuation will do them. ENIC are under no obligation to sell and not going to consider a offer unless it is above market value.

Given the efforts we've gone to in recent years to build our profile in the US, I wonder if we've nurtured their interest for some time.

Given the efforts we've gone to in recent years to build our profile in the US, I wonder if we've nurtured their interest for some time.

Their interest will also come from the fact that one of their main guys is a big Spurs fan

Their interest will also come from the fact that one of their main guys is a big Spurs fan

Maybe so, but he's a businessman first. It has to make sense, I highly doubt he'd invest in the club because he's a fan.

[tweet]510415234998480896[/tweet]
[tweet]510415359615434752[/tweet]
[tweet]510422850302648320[/tweet]
[tweet]510423829236432897[/tweet]

[tweet]510426227661086720[/tweet]
[tweet]510426809536884737[/tweet]

If Cain Hoy are an investment company formed 2 days ago they've probably formed as a vehicle for purchasing something. Whether that's a controlling stake or an investment is another thing

I'm not sure what good an independent valuation will do them. ENIC are under no obligation to sell and not going to consider a offer unless it is above market value.

Anything you buy over a grand should be checked for independent valuation.. even down to a washing machine and going to a price site where you check 50 shops in the one place.

Anything you buy over a grand should be checked for independent valuation.. even down to a washing machine and going to a price site where you check 50 shops in the one place.

Particularly if ENIC aren't too interested in selling meaning they would need to pay over the odds they'd need to be confident in being able to increase the club's value beyond what ENIC have managed which to be honest isn't going to be possible without a viable stadium solution

Would you guys not take a new owner to put in the infrastructure to get this stadium done like yesterday and not saddle the club with debt, but still keep it within our means on player spend and FFP.

I'm not sure anyone could do this better than ENIC. We are 4 years away from having one of the best infrastructures in Europe. We are debt free. We keep within our means on player spend and we cruise through FFP.

Me too .

We have a billionaire owner but he's just not even remotely interested in THFC as a fan . If Lewis had half the love for Spurs like some of you guys here, I'm pretty sure we would've seen a little more success on the pitch .

I too don't want to be another Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project, but I do want to see Spurs win the premeirship title. I want to see my club hold on to it's best players who have shown their quality for a little longer than a season or two!

And when we do have that quality like we did in Modric and Bale , we have a billionaire owner fan who is willing to seize that moment, with a couple of top quality additions and go try an win the top prizes rather than count the pound signs on our star player's transfers to Real ****ing Madrid.

If there is a billionaire out there who loves football, not necessarily Spurs but loves the game , then its a yes for me and I'd be happy for Lewis to go.

They'll always be illusive because that's not the way to build a successful team. The success Wenger and Ferguson had came from organic growth. Their big money fancy signings - from Veron to Ozil - usually flopped.

Agree with this. It's not that I want to go down that route, but it's virtually the only way you can compete at the top these days. Hardly winning anything and losing our best players is getting old for me. I can see why people don't want to see us turn in to the next Emirates Marketing Project but just seeing us go for top 4 every season and fall at the last hurdle due to our propensity of bottling it is not fun.

What entitlement do we have compared to the other 92 clubs? We don't have as many fans, nor do we have the best fans (by a long stretch).

There's only 3 domestic and 1 European trophies to win each season, and we tend to average at least one a decade, which is about our level.

Wow. That's pretty much the exact opposite of how I view the world (and was raised to view it). Always amazes me how sport can unite the most radically different of people. :)

Thing is though, we can all paint an ideal scenario... some lifelong Spurs-fan billionaire buys the club; he builds a glorious new stadium (naming rights sold to his new company - "White Hart Lane Holdings"); he stresses long-term development, the historical values of the club and runs the entire thing in a dignified manner... encouraging fan input and not spending hundreds of millions on star players, but instead targeting resources as the manager sees fit while the club achieves success through organic growth, albeit seeded with the infrastructure investment of our new benefactor...

The question is not whether or not we'd want that. The question is whether or not all you "sell to a billionaire" crew would be happy to see somebody come to Spurs and do what Romanov did to Hearts. Because there is at least as big a chance of that happening if Levy sells. You think Romanov advertised his intentions before he arrived? Most Hearts fans were over the moon at first... finally they'd have the resources to compete with the Big Two... a Scottish Big Three was born. And how long did that last?

I think we are on the long road to success as it stands. And I have the patience to see it to the end. I understand the desire to take a short cut, but not to play dice with the entire future of Tottenham.

This is important. I think almost all new owners, other than Chelsea and City, have asset stripped (including United and Liverpool). Look at Portsmouth - they had their ground sold from under them. Look at Leeds and their non-league managers, Hull and their Tigers, Cardiff and their red shirts. The odds are so stacked very heavily against potential new owners being an improvement on what we have.

i doubt these Cain Hoy characters have 1 billion in cash lying around waiting to be spent on a football vclub. Its highly likely they will have to borrow that sum and that will be the burden heaped on the club.......no thanks

If Cain Hoy are an investment company formed 2 days ago they've probably formed as a vehicle for purchasing something. Whether that's a controlling stake or an investment is another thing
I think that you are right but it doesn't cost much to set up a company and it means that the backers can remain anonymous if they want.

Maybe they are in the market for two tin sheds that make kebab grills?

I think that you are right but it doesn't cost much to set up a company and it means that the backers can remain anonymous if they want.

Well you can set up a company with barely anything so you're right. The purpose of the company is to limit the owners exposure to investment risks

Well you can set up a company with barely anything so you're right. The purpose of the company is to limit the owners exposure to investment risks
Indeed

Last I did it it was something like £40 for a stamping machine from companies house and about an £18 admin fee. Then about £100 pa for a minimal audit and financial return.

I feel sorry for Chris Hoy if he is still on Twitter. He has enough trouble from Scottish Nationalists who think him a traitor and he's barely got over Stoke.

Maybe they are in the market for two tin sheds that make kebab grills?
If they are looking to invest in a business in north London, there is a sheet metal works not a stones throw from WHL that would make an excellent acquisition.

I am absolutely petrified of the uncertainty of a new owner. We are stable with ENIC and long may it continue. You are mad if you want to see dynamic changes at a club as stable as ours. Blinking mad.

Back