• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

David Sullivans son on Twitter tonight...

346xiqg.gif
I cant believe that WHU continually let Sullivan's son mouth off on twitter about their targets !!!

What does he expect? he's had a job for 40 odd years got paid. He's not a director or something important at the club. He's now old and should f*** off and die. I am a graduate of the Harvard Business School and supporter of the Conservative Party and don't think companies should carry deadwood, 3 cheers for Sir Philip Green.

I don't quite see what his problem is. He was replaced as Academy Director in 2014 and was given "a full-time two-year ambassadorial role on full salary, believed to have been around £110,000 per year". Now he begins to get his West Ham pension plus an extra £14,000 redundancy payment. The club also gave him a testimonial a few years back, which gave him £500,000.

I don't quite see what his problem is. He was replaced as Academy Director in 2014 and was given "a full-time two-year ambassadorial role on full salary, believed to have been around £110,000 per year". Now he begins to get his West Ham pension plus an extra £14,000 redundancy payment. The club also gave him a testimonial a few years back, which gave him £500,000.

But it is so unfair ;)

I don't think the problem is money, it is the way that he was discarded. A man who gave West Ham 50 years of his life as player and youth coach. A man that was once the hottest property in the game in terms of youth development and had every club in the country trying to poach him, only to stay loyal at West Ham for far less money than he could've earned elsewhere, then given his marching orders via a letter from HR. Not via one of the directors, personally thanking him and giving him the chance to say goodbye on the pitch at halftime in their opening fixture at the Olympic stadium, but shunting him out of the back door. Absolutely no class at all and Tony Carr deserves FAR better than that for the service he gave to that (joke of a) club.

I hope that we (and expect us to) treat McDermott with FAR more respect when his time eventually comes.

Could you imagine if West Ham actually managed to qualify for the Europa League proper? So far over the past couple of years they have scraped through on away goals and penalties against the likes of Andorra Postal Workers Union FC and Malta Fire Fighters Second 11, only to go out to Romania Orphans Athletic before the group stages and this year they are losing after the first leg against Slovenia Battered Husbands Refuge FC. Imagine the carnage if they actually get to the group stage and have to come up against a (comparitively) mighty team such as FC Zimbru or Qarabag?

Still seeing a lot of animosity towards a club the majority say they don't mind at all. ;) Don't think I chose the best night to start posting on this forum again though...:oops:

I know that their seems to be a lot of dislike of W.Ham among Spurs fans but to be honest i have never really felt it. I liked the days of players like Moore ( best defender i have seen), Brooking, Devonshire, Bonds, Peters, Cottee, Byrne, not to forgetting those that went on to BIGGER clubs ;), Defoe, Allen, Carrick.

@Mickey_WHU serious Q Mickey, how's the general mood around the new stadium now you are almost there, are people happy with the layout and distances and the general renting situation, anyone concerned about the long term?

Do not understand any of this hate for 'any' football team.

Liverpool and Chelsea irritate but that is about it for me.

West Ham are just ...........a team in london

I know that their seems to be a lot of dislike of W.Ham among Spurs fans but to be honest i have never really felt it. I liked the days of players like Moore ( best defender i have seen), Brooking, Devonshire, Bonds, Peters, Cottee, Byrne, not to forgetting those that went on to BIGGER clubs ;), Defoe, Allen, Carrick.
I have always liked West Ham as a club. Typically (until more recent times) they always tried to play football in the right way. They always promoted their youth through the ranks and they have always had a decent level of support considering their comparative lack of success. As you say - they have also supplied us with some good players over the years (Martin Peters and Scott Parker as well as those you mentioned). Bobby Moore also wanted to join us and even requested a move to us but the clubs had all the power back then and West Ham refused him the move he wanted.

Back