• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Canning Town Bingo Club

West Ham seems like a decent match for Moyes. They won't bother about boring football for a few seasons as long as they get results. Decent squad that could use some organization and hard work. Potential to grow into a mid table club.

I disagree for the most part.

I dont think it is a good fit at all.

Firstly, I just dont think Moyes is any good. He would do much better disappearing to Scotland. He is an average manager who has proven his only real success came from a long term in a position, where it became clear there was a pretty low ceiling to what he was able to achieve. He peaked there, after 9+ years. At Utd, with all the opportunity, he did nothing. At Sunderland, a club much like West Ham it has to be said, he did less than nothing - shown up by Allardyce having proven what that club could do.

Secondly, West Ham have no sense of perspective. They will expect to survive, and yes - may take doing it ugly this season - but they will then expect to be playing champagne football from then on. That certainly isnt Moyes, nor is it West Ham.

I dont think they do have a decent squad, I think its a very weak squad with a few decent players.

That said, they certainly do have the potential to be a mid table side. I just dont see anything like that happening under the current ownership. Those guys lack the vision, strategy, patience or (I suspect) desire to actually do it.

West Ham seems like a decent match for Moyes. They won't bother about boring football for a few seasons as long as they get results. Decent squad that could use some organization and hard work. Potential to grow into a mid table club.

The owners won't care, they're making good money from their personal loans to the club and get to play Director of Football, but the fans will. They have seen through all the flimflam about ambition and next level. There's no ambition beyond existing and spending as little money as possible.

The question is whether they can be bothered to do the necessary protesting or if they'll just stop going. Prices will have to come down even more to fill the bowl with neutrals and tourists.

"We see this as an exciting opportunity to appoint a quality manager to the position to inject fresh ideas, organisation and enthusiasm into a very talented squad,"

How does that square with appointing someone like Moyes?

Official now that Bilic has gone.
Expect an announcement in the coming days re the new manager.

I don't really think it will make too much difference who they get in now. Especially if as reported they are only looking to appoint on a 6 month contract. It doesn't exactly ooze confidence.
At least Levy gave Timmeh 18 months for appearances sake, even if the intention was to only have him as a stopgap.
Well if they just want a 6 monther until May .......Timmeh 's your man!

Popcorn

Well if they just want a 6 monther until May .......Timmeh 's your man!

Popcorn

And wouldn't we all love that. I did suggest it to a Spam fan at the weekend. The reaction was not, shall we say, positive!

Maybe he'd be a good long term bet. Good at bringing young players through and all that;)

What happened to Ancelotti?

800px_COLOURBOX2352038.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-11-6_18-40-28.png
    upload_2017-11-6_18-40-28.png
    111.5 KB · Views: 16
Despite everyone suggesting that Moyes is a dinosaur, with no new fresh ideas, no energy, no enthusiasm, and is out of touch with new football methods and thinking - he still thought it was a good idea to wear a beige tweedy suit to his photo call.

I disagree for the most part.

I dont think it is a good fit at all.

Firstly, I just dont think Moyes is any good. He would do much better disappearing to Scotland. He is an average manager who has proven his only real success came from a long term in a position, where it became clear there was a pretty low ceiling to what he was able to achieve. He peaked there, after 9+ years. At Utd, with all the opportunity, he did nothing. At Sunderland, a club much like West Ham it has to be said, he did less than nothing - shown up by Allardyce having proven what that club could do.

Secondly, West Ham have no sense of perspective. They will expect to survive, and yes - may take doing it ugly this season - but they will then expect to be playing champagne football from then on. That certainly isnt Moyes, nor is it West Ham.

I dont think they do have a decent squad, I think its a very weak squad with a few decent players.

That said, they certainly do have the potential to be a mid table side. I just dont see anything like that happening under the current ownership. Those guys lack the vision, strategy, patience or (I suspect) desire to actually do it.
Moyes has three jobs ranging from fairly to very disappointing in his recent past.

Mitigating factors in all of those jobs though, not least that he seemed a very poor fit for at least two of them.

Something of a last chance saloon for Moyes being appointed at this level. Perhaps the smart money is on him failing again, but I do think this is as good of a fit as he could want. And I think there's a decent chance he again proves himself as a average PL manager, which should to West Ham some good.

Back