• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cann we?

We are a work in progress ( and so far its going well), IF we can keep it going then we must be in with a chance for a run at getting into europe.
By getting into Europe do you mean the Champions League?

Nothing this team has showed so far this season would indicate that lower aims than that are in order.

Things change quickly as we've experienced. But the way this team is performing there's a lot of reasons to be very optimistic about our prospects this season.

By getting into Europe do you mean the Champions League?

Nothing this team has showed so far this season would indicate that lower aims than that are in order.

Things change quickly as we've experienced. But the way this team is performing there's a lot of reasons to be very optimistic about our prospects this season.

It would be great to make the top 4 and CL ( could be 5th place will get in this year), but it is still early days so EL would be progress.

Realistic hopes...

If we can get to 40+ PTS by the end of January (6 games) then with the injured and tournament absentees returning I'm confident we can run at 2pts a game for the final 16 PL games...ending up with 72-75pts ....should give us a top 4/5 finish.

Annoyingly without all the hoo haa we've faced, if the the league is won with 86-88pts....we would have had a shot at that and the title imo

It would be great to make the top 4 and CL ( could be 5th place will get in this year), but it is still early days so EL would be progress.
I agree that EL would be progress. But what we've seen so far this season a real shot at CL qualifications seems well within our abilities if a couple of things go or way.

Was watching a youtube vid by a lawyer about the case. Seems the case all hinges on basically one point. That the prem can prove that city were dishonest. Not just them but the firm that does their accounts (deloit). Their sponsors. The soverign wealth fund of the uae aswell. Bssically that they've all committed fraud.
Not going to be easy at all.

If they're relying on an auditing firm they're in trouble, I've never met with an auditor who can add up and a few who didn't understand an elementary double entry accounting system. Pay them the money they'll say what you want.

Its the hope that kills us.:)
It is. But it's also the hope that drives us, the hope that carries us. With hope there is also the potential for disappointment, with hope there's anxiety. So unfounded hope should be avoided. But this, this is the pure stuff, the real hope. Embrace it and the pain that follows.

7 points off top.

(ok, I'll dial it down a touch now)

If they're relying on an auditing firm they're in trouble, I've never met with an auditor who can add up and a few who didn't understand an elementary double entry accounting system. Pay them the money they'll say what you want.

Maybe so. But the prem still need to prove they are lying.

Probably add the wolves game to that as well
Even if we had gotten just 5 points from the Wolves/Villa/Spam games, which would have been thoroughly deserved, we'd be top right now. And all that with a depleted squad. So I think once we get to full strength anything can happen.

I also think that the Romero red against Chelsea was the catalyst. He stays on the pitch and Micky probably doesn't get injured and Udogie doesn't get sent off. We'd still have lost Madders, but we'd have gotten a result out of the Chelsea game and not dropped all these points in the subsequent ones. So one rash decision and the cascading effects have been enormous.

Even if we had gotten just 5 points from the Wolves/Villa/Spam games, which would have been thoroughly deserved, we'd be top right now. And all that with a depleted squad. So I think once we get to full strength anything can happen.

I also think that the Romero red against Chelsea was the catalyst. He stays on the pitch and Micky probably doesn't get injured and Udogie doesn't get sent off. We'd still have lost Madders, but we'd have gotten a result out of the Chelsea game and not dropped all these points in the subsequent ones. So one rash decision and the cascading effects have been enormous.
We did not deserve anything from Wolves. Bro we were shocking and they were the better team throughout. That was our worst performance of the season and the only game that I can say we deserved nada. West Ham as well we weren't great but on the balance it should have probably been a draw or a narrow win for ourselves. Villa we fudging should have ran out winners by 4 or 5 goals. We demolished them but just couldn't finish and Martinez was also very good that day.

I agree the Chelsea game has been a catalyst right at the worst time when we had a harder run of fixtures. We've done very well performance wise despite all the injuries and suspensions and haven't lost touch with the top group. I've never thought we could challenge for the title precisely because of the lack of depth in quality terms but a top 4 run and not necessarily just 4th place looks very possible to me. Especially if we can avoid more injuries and long suspensions and get players back and hopefully add to the depth in the upcoming window.

Last edited:
I'm sure the top three will consist of City, Liverpool and Arse, hopefully in that order.

Us, Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to battle it out for fourth. Based on our performances, with the context of injuries and suspensions, I think we look like the better of the three sides (granted, I haven't watched any other Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games).

It's a crazy season though. If Arse suffer the same kind of injuries as everyone else, City keep imploding and Liverpool stop getting dodgy refereeing decisions in their favour, anything can happen.

I'm sure the top three will consist of City, Liverpool and Arse, hopefully in that order.

Us, Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine to battle it out for fourth. Based on our performances, with the context of injuries and suspensions, I think we look like the better of the three sides (granted, I haven't watched any other Villa and Saudi Sportswashing Machine games).

It's a crazy season though. If Arse suffer the same kind of injuries as everyone else, City keep imploding and Liverpool stop getting dodgy refereeing decisions in their favour, anything cann happen.
Fixed 😀

We're 1 point behind City now. City were crazy not to buy Kane.

City, United, Chelsea were all fudging macarons not to put £150M+ on the table for Kane. City in my opinion should have put 100M+ 2 years ago on the table for Son (much more of a natural fit for a Pep side).

Re us, interesting stat that I think tells a lot about the team

- We have the best away record in the league (part of it is timing, a lot of our first 10 games was away, home run of games was starting with Chelsea)
- This team fit is a threat, need to work on getting everyone back, getting a few bodies in Jan early, another good window in summer

6 points behind. We can beat Arsenal at home. That would reduce the gap to them. Really think we can go close to winning the league, whether we actually do or not is to be seen but we have the team if we can get Maddison, Bentancur and Van de Ven back playing without losing other key players.

Back